Start by marking “How to Save Your Daughter's Life” as Want to Read:
How to Save Your Daughter's Life

How to Save Your Daughter's Life

Girls are being stalked, beaten, raped, abused, and murdered by strangers . . . and by the men in their lives. No girl is safe from harm, particularly in today's world where social media makes it too easy to connect with people she barely knows.

There are many dangerous people out there who aren't behind bars, and parents of teen girls need to be more proactive than ever ab
Published August 2012 by HCI Books

To ask other readers questions about How to Save Your Daughter's Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Save Your Daughter's Life

Emily May
May 15, 2012 Emily May rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction, arc
**Some quotes have been shortened to include only what was relevant, but nothing has been added or manipulated to make it sound different from the way it was originally intended.**

I was browsing netgalley when I caught sight of this book and my curiosity was piqued, despite the fact that I don't read too much non-fiction. Upon reading the description, I realised that this book is claiming to help people raise their daughters in a way that won't get them raped and/or murdered throughout their lif
Kaethe
May 16, 2012 Kaethe marked it as stricken
Most sexual assaults and murders occur where? In the home. How does Brown advise you to keep your daughter safe? Keep her at home all the time: homeschool her, never let her out to the mall.

I don't believe Brown has a very strong grasp of reality or logic or risk assessment.
Sandra
According to this book, the only way to save your daughters is to home-school them, never let them experience real life and give them no preparation whatsoever in regards to the real world.

Oh, and all men are potential rapists.

Yeah, right.
Alisa Kester
Sep 01, 2012 Alisa Kester rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Other than her rant against Harry Potter this book makes a lot of sense. No, it's never ok if a woman is raped or killed...but do women sometimes put themselves in situations that make rape or murder much more likely? Of course they do. And if they're smart, they'll try to avoid those situations, and (contrary to all the frenzy of hate in other reviews) that is ALL this book is trying to say. There's nothing wrong with 'old-fashioned' values.
Ronald
Aug 17, 2012 Ronald rated it really liked it
The comments to this book reflects the need for he book. Our society,if you call it that, is very hostile towards the integrity of women and that is shown by the comments on this book.
Daena
Aug 14, 2012 Daena rated it did not like it
I received an ARC for this, and the only thing I can say is that this book was absolutely horrible.

The main message that this author is trying to portray is that you can only keep your daughter safe by keeping her in your house, homeschooling her, and closely monitoring any interactions she may have with anybody of the opposite gender i.e uncles, step-fathers, friends, teachers.

Are you kidding me? This book was a piece of BS.

How are you supposed to let your own daughter grow up if you're hoveri
Pat Brown
May 17, 2012 Pat Brown rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Parents who might buy my book should be aware that most of the "reviews" below are from people who did not read the book but are basing their assessment of it on one review that completely misrepresents what was said in the book. For example, I never said all men are rapists or that everyone should homeschool their daughter or lock her in the house and never let her out. I urge parents to understand the world their daughters live in and work to educate her and make her world safe. The vicious re ...more
Carmen
Dec 09, 2013 Carmen rated it it was amazing
Every female should read this book. Every Mom, Grandmother, Aunt, etc. Daughters included....as long as they are old enough to understand. We can not stick our heads in the sand on the idea that we are protecting our daughters from the bad in the world. We need to get the information out there ( even if it is scary,gross,harsh) so out daughters are able to protect themselves from the nasty! READ IT!!!
Bella Grace
Feb 14, 2013 Bella Grace marked it as not-happening
Did I- noooooo- not possible- I couldn't have just read what I just did...

But I did. Oh, Lord, I did read it.
Tas
Oct 05, 2015 Tas rated it did not like it
Oh no. Oh no oh no oh no.
Brandy
Sep 28, 2012 Brandy rated it it was amazing
An absolute, hands-down must read.
Andd Becker
Sep 25, 2012 Andd Becker rated it it was ok
The author draws upon her experience as a criminal profiler to give suggestions to parents on what to tell daughters. How to identify predators is one topic.
Barb
Barb rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2014
Brenden Schaaf
Brenden Schaaf rated it really liked it
May 27, 2014
Molly
Molly rated it did not like it
Dec 08, 2013
Laney
Laney rated it did not like it
Jul 06, 2017
Lor
Lor rated it it was ok
Jul 06, 2012
Terry
Terry rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2013
Annie Haley
Annie Haley rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2014
maureen
maureen rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2015
Petra
Petra rated it did not like it
May 24, 2012
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2012
Daisy
Daisy rated it liked it
May 07, 2013
Tracy
Tracy rated it did not like it
Jul 31, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Kevin
Kevin rated it liked it
May 25, 2017
Teresa Ell
Teresa Ell rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2012
Amani Annabel
Amani Annabel rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2015