Start by marking “That's not my tractor” as Want to Read:
That's not my tractor

That's not my tractor

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  158 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
A new edition in the great "That's Not Myseries" A cute tractor with touchy-feely patches on each page will engage young children as they are learning to love books!
Board book, 12 pages
Published June 28th 2002 by E.D.C. Publishing (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about That's not my tractor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That's not my tractor

Erin
That’s Not My Tractor is a touch-and-feel board book that goes through a series of different tractors with different touch-and-feel attributes (with the exception of the last tractor). A white mouse appears on each page saying “That’s not my tractor” and then giving the reason why it’s not, such as “Its trailer is too rough” or “Its seat is too scratchy.” Sometimes touch-and-feel materials in board books can be pretty chincy and not offer much in terms of sensory experiences for little ones. Thi ...more
Corinne
Jan 26, 2016 Corinne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, board-book, own
My little one enjoys this interactive board book. It is repetitive and simple but the textures are great and it is fun to look at what all the tractors do. Weird that the book starts on the cover.
Sophie
I read this one a few times with mommy in the RMH family room. I loved repeating the adjectives (i.e., squishy, bumpy) and feeling the different textures on the page.
Walter Walker
May 15, 2016 Walter Walker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
Nice little board book full of different textures for a child to develop a fondness for books. Excellent for phonological awareness and print motivation.
Linda
Sep 06, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here is a wonderful children's board book for both boys and girls, ages one to four. Starting off with an attractive cover and a shiny engine, the author encourages children to touch. Over the next ten pages a mouse looks at different tractors, each with a part that you are inspired to touch.

The pictures are in bold primary colors with other little creatures that the adult can point out to the child. This is one of many in a serieS of 'That's Not My.....' board books. Both stimulating yet simpl
Emily
Good board book for a one year old!
Kristine Hansen
Oooh...lots of rough and bumpy textures! And for once a board book where you can feel things that don't involve animals. This would have appealed to my boys so much when they were younger. Definitely recommended. This series is wonderful! And holds up really well - very very durable books.
Andrea
Dec 28, 2007 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: babies
This book has great sensory words and is great for babies. Also, the touchy-feely pages help interest children in books. Look for the mouse on each page. Check out my page to purchase this book: www.ubah.com/s2995
Jennifer Lytle
Baby bored book sturdy enough for the most destructive toddler. This book is a touchy-feely story about a quest to find the readers tractor
Ubalstecha
Short little board book with different textures imbedded in the pages for babies to touch and feel.
Heather
Jan 18, 2014 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A simple book for little ones. Places for fingers to explore without ruining the book.
Gary
Oct 18, 2009 Gary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents to read to babies/toddlers
John really enjoys feeling the different parts of the tractor.
Apr 23, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
K loves it!
Nandini
Nandini rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Dreaday
Dreaday marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Jess
Jess added it
Jul 01, 2016
Nathan and Colin
Nathan and Colin marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Abhijit Naik
Abhijit Naik marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Christie Robertson
Christie Robertson rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Christopher Maxwell
Christopher Maxwell marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Allyson D. Zipp
Allyson D. Zipp rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2016
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Lucie
Lucie rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2016
  • Global Babies
  • Duck & Goose Find A Pumpkin
  • Red Truck
  • Jane Eyre: A BabyLit Counting Primer
Fiona Watt graduated from Exeter University with a B.Ed. (Hons.), specialising in Psychology and Art and Design. After university she worked as a researcher and writer for a company which published educational material for places where children went on school visits (zoos, museums, stately homes etc). She then taught seven, eight, and nine year olds for five years; three years at a state school in ...more
More about Fiona Watt...