Daring Masquerade

Daring Masquerade

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  8 reviews
In Margaret Tanner's Daring Masquerade published by Books We Love, by the time Ross Calvert discovers Harry Martin is in fact Harriet Martin she has fallen in love with him. Realizing she has failed in her final effort to protect her shell-shocked brother, she puts a desperate proposition to Ross. Marry her and she will give him an heir.

Ross accepts. However, he is tormen...more
Published May 7th 2012 by Books We Love Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Daring Masquerade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daring Masquerade

mountainmama
I’ve said it before – I’m not much of a fan of romance stories, but there’s something about Ms. Tanner’s historical romances that keep me reading more. For one thing, the ones I’ve read were set in Australia during the war, and the realism she manages to insert into the stories is just fascinating to me. In this one, Harriet (Harry) pretends to be a boy in order to land a job with her brother as outback riders. Her brother, Gil, has come back from war a broken man with mental and physical injuri...more
Liloshadow
It had its good moments...but not quite a page turner.

The story had a lot of good points...it had clever plot and the war scenes were well played out. The author seems to have a good understanding of PTSD. She made the character Gilbert so tortured your heat breaks for him. He is a broken man physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually after returning home from the war...you feel deeply for him.

What I didn't like so much was that I kept getting disgusted with the H/h. I got really tired...more
Frankiejohnny
Rated-R Hot/Sexy romance. Historical-Romance.
Takes place between 1916 - 1918, during WWI.
Australia/France
Free Kindle Download

The book really has two parts. First there is the Heroine/Brother trying to make their way. Heroine has to disguise as a boy to get a job, Meets hero, etc.
Second part takes place after the disguise is off. Now we are wondering what will happen between H/h and will H survive the war... and will he finally let himself fall for heroine.

I loved this story, and found it to b...more
Jkklarson
Free Kindle book from Amazon. Historical romance. It was okay but nothing I would have wanted to spend money purchasing. It was better than I expected it after reading some of the reviews, though.
Shelly
2.5 stars. Amazon freebie. The time period and setting were interesting. I thought the premise was quite good, but the story really didn't keep my interest.
Kristen Robison
Free Kindle book. I was disappointed with the inappropriate content. I didn't really like the main characters. This wasn't a book for me.
Amber
I would have liked this book had there not been inappropriate content. I couldn't make it through more than a few chapters.
Poonam
A historical romance story.I finished reading it in one night.
Tracy Hall
Tracy Hall marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Sep 11, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Diane Peterson
Diane Peterson marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Hesta Rafuse
Hesta Rafuse marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Tabitha
Tabitha marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Vickie
Vickie marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Jamie
Jamie added it
Jul 16, 2014
Sasha Cottman
Sasha Cottman marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Margaret Tanner belongs to the Romance Writers of Australia, the Melbourne Romance Writers Group and EPIC.

She has won or been commended in competitions on several occasions. In February 2010, she won the Australian Author of the Year Award from aussieauthors.com. The 2nd time she has won this prestigious award.

Her World War 2 novel, The Trouble With Playboys, came 3rd in the Preditors and Editors...more
More about Margaret Tanner...
Lauren's Dilemma Frontier Belle Frontier Wife The Millionaire's Redemption Reluctant Father