Start by marking “The Blaft Anthology of Tamil Pulp Fiction - Volume 2 (The Blaft Anthology of Tamil Pulp Fiction, #2)” as Want to Read:

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The follow-up to 2008's successful first collection featuring stories by Indra Soundar Rajan, Medhavi, Jeyaraj, Pushpa Thangadorai, Rajesh Kumar, Indumathi, M.K.Narayanan, and Resakee

A young woman’s fascination with blue films leads to A BIZARRE MURDER!
A bloodline of debauched maharajas falls prey to AN EVIL CURSE!
A beautiful girl uses karate to retrieve A STOLEN IDOL!
Published 2011 by Blaft Publications (first published 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about The Blaft Anthology of Tamil Pulp Fiction - Volume 2

Arun Divakar
It was only natural that I would return to this series. A year or so ago, I read the first installment and liked the brainless entertainment it offered. The reading is effortless, the lines cheesy, the action non stop and the dialog unintentionally funny ! Welcome to the world of Indian pulp ! While Tamil pulp fiction might not represent the entire plethora that India has to offer, it definitely is dynamite. You get monsters, broad-chested policemen, women with swaying hips and heaving bosoms, m ...more
Swapna Sundar
read the first story in this anthology, and thought the translation by Pritham Chakravarthy was brilliant.

The story was also well chosen - representing all that tamil pulp is well known for - battles between men fought on the person of women (virgin pubescent girls), status quo-ist plot lines, and two-dimensional characters.
రహ్మానుద్దీన్ షేక్
I did like the Indra Soundar Rajan's Kottaipuratthu veedu. But didnt like the kind of English used.
Apt title, its just pulp fiction!
Dhiraj Sharma
You may like to go thru my review written for TPF (Vol-I).

The stories of TPL Vol-II are more or less in line with those in Vol-I in terms of substance.
A few brilliant ones but mostly crap meant to titillate the lowest denominator.
However if you are game for road side fiction and don't mind leaving all the logic and reasoning aside, then go for it.
Pooja T
I loved the first set of stories I pretty much right away bought this book. I loved this set of stories too. Though this collection has way more horror stories (which I personally love) and less of a mixed bag than the first anthology. I enjoyed the stories, even though some of them were fairly predictable, this was an enjoyable read.
Harini
Pulp fiction, sometimes a little trite, but a decent insight on Tamil magazine stories that our mums and grandmums used to pore over, especially for me, because I cant read Tamil and this is as close as it can ever get, to reading the originals.
Pranay
The stories in the second part of Tamil pulp fiction were really just average. No great shakes. A bit disappointed. 2.5 stars.
Debarati
An enjoyable bunch of stories but I preferred the first volume's range of pulp fiction.
Deepak Reddy
Deepak Reddy marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Varsha Gopal
Varsha Gopal is currently reading it
Dec 13, 2014
Amaran
Amaran marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
chandran gopalan
chandran gopalan marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Wafisana
Wafisana marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Tanmayi
Tanmayi marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Arun T P
Arun T P marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Manikandan
Manikandan marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Josi
Josi marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Shanth Bahee
Shanth Bahee marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
S
S marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Blaft Anthology of Tamil Pulp Fiction, Vol. I The Obliterary Journal: Volume 1 The Obliterary Journal: Volume 2 Zero Degree