Start by marking “How I Spent My Summer Vacation (Amanda Pepper, #5)” as Want to Read:
How I Spent My Summer Vacation (Amanda Pepper, #5)

How I Spent My Summer Vacation (Amanda Pepper #5)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  218 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Amanda Pepper's friend Sasha has a photography assignment in Atlantic City, and she invites her broke schoolteacher friend to come along for a free mini-vacation. But the two quickly discover there's more to lose than money at the shore when Sasha finds a stranger bludgeoned to death in her bed. When a witness identifies Sasha as having been at the scene, she Goes Directly ...more
Published May 9th 2012 by Untreed Reads (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about How I Spent My Summer Vacation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Jenn
Gillian Roberts never fails to impress me with her Amanda Pepper series. The further into the series I delve, the more I enjoy her. She's not as timid as I once believed her to be. And her naïveté is slowly disappearing. I do feel bad for her sine she can't even seem to get through a short vacation in Atlantic City without a mishap - or three! And her relationship with CK Mckenzie seems to be on the verge of non-existent. Amanda never seems very secure with where she stands with the man with no ...more
LJ
HOW I SPENT MY SUMMER VACATION - Okay
Roberts, Gillian - 4th in series

Philadelphia teacher Amanda Pepper is vacationing with Sasha Berg, a woman photographer friend willing to share the hotel room she will occupy while working in Atlantic City. On arrival, their hotel gives them a free upgrade to a luxurious, high-roller ' s suite. After Sasha heads out for a dinner date, Amanda departs with policeman C. K. Mackenzie, her significant other who is in town on a case. They're roused by a 1 a.m. call
Stephanie
Another good mystery cozy. I'd actually give this 3.5, but decided to round up to 4. Somehow, I think some of the dumb stuff Amanda does is deliberate to increase suspense, but gack, it drives me nuts.
Suzette Kunz
This is a very funny mystery series featuring a high school English teacher and her detective boyfriend. I've read the whole series. Light reading and fun.
Janet
I read the first part of this series in paperback years ago and was delighted to see it now out in ebooks. Just not sure i like Amanda Pepper enough to read any more. There were times when I really, truly wished I could give her a big shake and tell her to wake up to reality. She comes across as the sort who would indeed meet the killer in the middle of the night in an abandoned building while her brain wanders to mundane things (such as her mother now talking to her about financial planning ins ...more
Heather Boers
I had never read this author before. I found it started slowly and introduced what seemed many obscure characters. The ending was nice, and all the pieces came together. The romantic relationship was most exciting at the last sentence, unfortunately. It would have made a great movie with the excitement of Atlantic City, but I couldn't feel it in book form. On to try another new (to me) author.
Susan
This is the first I've read about Amanda Pepper, but I immediately liked her because of the people she attracted and her desire to "save the world." Pretty nice sleuthing too.
Fmorlan
loved it being ac. funny Amanda wabts a vacation and ends up in a murder investigation. lots of characters in this book. would love to see some of them show up in philly.
Julie
Enjoyable, fluffy, and occasionally silly. Others in the series are better than this one.
Pam
A perfect summer read. Mystery, action, and more empathy for the homeless.
Brenda  Adams
An Amanda Pepper mystery - perfect for a fluffy summer read...
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Miss Megan
Miss Megan marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Pratik
Pratik added it
Mar 25, 2015
Vickie
Vickie added it
Mar 07, 2015
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Untreed Reads: Grade-A Mystery in HOW I SPENT MY SUMMER VACATION 1 2 Jul 09, 2012 02:06PM
  • Dressed to Keel (A Darcy Cavanaugh Mystery #1)
  • Maid for Murder (Charlotte LaRue Mystery, #1)
  • The Lycan The Witch and The Wardrobe
  • Motherhood and Hollywood: How to Get a Job Like Mine
  • Summer of Storms
  • Zoned for Murder
  • At Home for the Holidays
  • A Small Case of Murder (Joshua Thornton Mystery #1)
  • Run Among Thorns
  • The Begonia Bribe (A Garden Society Mystery, #2)
  • Fudge-Laced Felonies (Summer Meadows Mystery #1)
  • Snowed Inn (Who-Dun-Him Inn #1)
  • Hard Fall (Lucy Guardino FBI Thrillers, Book #4)
  • Hiding Gladys (Cleo Cooper Mystery, #1)
  • Ty the Sexy Dragon (Fire Mate, #1)
  • Can't Bear It (Strange Hollow; Greer, #1)
  • After The Rain (Phil Broker, #5)
  • Motherhood is Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #2)

Amanda Pepper (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Caught Dead in Philadelphia (Amanda Pepper, #1)
  • Philly Stakes (Amanda Pepper, #2)
  • I'd Rather Be in Philadelphia (Amanda Pepper, #3)
  • With Friends Like These... (Amanda Pepper, #4)
  • In the Dead of Summer (Amanda Pepper, #6)
  • The Mummers' Curse (Amanda Pepper, #7)
  • The Bluest Blood (Amanda Pepper, #8)
  • Adam and Evil (Amanda Pepper, #9)
  • Helen Hath No Fury (Amanda Pepper, #10)
  • Claire and Present Danger (Amanda Pepper, #11)
Caught Dead in Philadelphia (Amanda Pepper, #1) I'd Rather Be in Philadelphia (Amanda Pepper, #3) Philly Stakes (Amanda Pepper, #2) Helen Hath No Fury (Amanda Pepper, #10) Adam and Evil (Amanda Pepper, #9)