Start by marking “Winnie Flies Again” as Want to Read:
Winnie Flies Again

Winnie Flies Again (Winnie the Witch #3)

The third Winnie the Witch picture book sees Winnie experiencing some trouble with flying. Normally the sky is empty, but she's started bumping into helicopters, skyscrapers and hang gliders. So she turns her broomstick into all kinds of strange things.
Published August 1st 2006 by Oxford University Press, USA (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Winnie Flies Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winnie Flies Again

Lisa Vegan
Jul 02, 2010 Lisa Vegan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children who need glasses or who know children who wear glasses; Winnie & Wilbur fans
Recommended to Lisa by: Abigail A.
I’d read Winnie the Witch and loved it, and want to read as many Winnie books as I can find. Unfortunately, many are not available. I’ve found only two others; this is one of them.

This story about Winnie and her cat Wilbur is funny, fun to read aloud, has a great layout (sometimes you have to flip the page to read the text and see the 2 page picture layout, and it’s a great story for kids who need to wear glasses. Winnie can’t seem to find any mode of transportation that doesn’t lead to disaster
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Οι περιπέτειες της Winnie είναι από εκείνες που εύκολα θα πρότεινα σε γονείς με παιδιά προσχολικής ηλικίας -ή και στα πρώιμα στάδια της σχολικής-, καθότι πρόκειται για ιστορίες μεσαίου μεγέθους, άρα δεν είναι κουραστικές, που η αισθητική τους θυμίζει πολύ παραμύθι άλλων εποχών, άρα έχει κάτι το κλασσικό, προσφέροντάς τους, ωστόσο, μια ανάμεικτη αισθητική κι ένα πάντρεμα ιδεών που την ίδια στιγμή να ενισχύει τη φαντασία τους με ποικίλους τρόπους, τους διασκεδάζει, τους ψυχαγωγεί, ενώ παράλληλα έχ ...more
Lila
May 21, 2016 Lila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cerita-anak
Buku yang penuh ilustrasi dan minim kalimat, cocok untuk anak yang baru mulai membaca. Jika font-nya sedikit lebih besar pasti akan lebih menarik
Jangan harapkan ilustrasi yang manis di buku ini. Ilustrasi di buku ini mirip dengan ilustrasi dalam buku Neil Gaiman, Diana Funke dan sejenisnya, mirip coretan anak-anak ^^
Soal cerita, saya "ditipu" mentah-mentah. Saya kira buku ini mau mengajarkan tentang betapa tidak asrinya bumi kita saat ini. Di langit sudah dipenuhi aneka kendaraan, bahkan gedung-
Kathryn
The books about Winnie the Witch are just charming any time of year! Here, Winnie is having some trouble seeing other flying objects when she is out on her broomstick. Convinced that travel by broomstick is no longer safe, she and her adorable cat try other modes of transportation--all with humorously "disastrous" results! The solution is unexpected and charming. The illustrations are also just marvelous; so detailed and funny. I love Winnie's exasperated expressions as one thing after another g ...more
Anita Kovacevic
Jul 04, 2015 Anita Kovacevic rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews
A WITCH'S CHARM

Funny how you own some paperbooks at home and never think of writing a review for them, although you read them over and over again with enthusiasm. The Winnie the Witch series is one of them.

Winnie Flies Again was one of my son's favourite stories when he was little, and now it is one of my daughter's favourites as well. As a teacher of English, I often tell this story to my little preschoolers or younger primary school learners, and they always find Winnie funny and charming. The
Yvonne Geraghty
May 08, 2012 Yvonne Geraghty rated it really liked it
Linda
Winnie's back - but is having trouble getting around because she keeps running into/over/down things. Poor Wilbur seems to get the worst end of their accidents.

The solution of glasses provides this story a practical answer to a very real problem. Thus, no fuss over the frames that are often maligned - by those that don't wear them and don't understand the enormous excitement and freedom they possess. Glasses are magic. Just ask Winnie. or me. or my dad. or my girlfriend. or .....

Side note: I lov
Natalie
Oct 03, 2016 Natalie rated it really liked it
The third story in the series about a witch (Winnie) and her cat (Wilbur) is as brilliant as the others. The illustrations are quirky and hilarious. This is a funny story about Winnie having trouble flying her broomstick. Usually the sky is clear but in this story she is having to dodge many obstacles! There are lots of repeated phrases in the story so it is familiar and comforting for children, and there are opportunities to get children involved by saying 'abracadabra' together, etc.
Rebellion Violetta
Feb 11, 2016 Rebellion Violetta rated it liked it
Winnie Terbang Lagi merupakan buku pertama dari seri Winnie the Witch yang saya baca.

Ilustrasinya terlalu penuh dan ramai menurut saya. Tapi dikarenakan baru membaca satu buku Winnie, saya akan membaca buku seri lainnya supaya lebih mengenal karakteristik Winnie dan juga pengarangnya.
Tam
Nov 10, 2012 Tam rated it really liked it
Shelves: halloween
This is a fun story with cute illustrations. Perfect for my 6-year-old.
Lee
Sep 15, 2010 Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We love Winnie! Fantastic and funny illustrations.
Hung-ya
Mar 02, 2015 Hung-ya rated it really liked it
Dangerous no matter which way Winnie chooses to travel!
Rachael Seow
Aug 21, 2016 Rachael Seow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, terjemahan
I love Winnie and Wilbur
Margaret Louw
Sep 06, 2016 Margaret Louw rated it it was amazing
I loved this book when I was little
Alexandra Christiansen
Sep 08, 2014 Alexandra Christiansen rated it really liked it
This book is really good if your about five years old so get your mum to read it if your five
Jules
Aug 08, 2015 Jules rated it really liked it
This was a fun read, that myself and my 4 year old niece enjoyed.
Dewi
Mar 04, 2016 Dewi rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Langit sudah terlalu berbahaya.
Bahkan kucing penyihir pun terancam tersenggol helikopter, paralayang, tersangkut gedung tinggi. Lalu dengan apa Winnie mengganti moda transportasinya?
Pam
Pam rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2014
Allana Davies
Allana Davies rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
Elif Altinbasak
Elif Altinbasak rated it it was ok
May 11, 2014
Olivia Ann
Olivia Ann rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2017
Erica
Erica rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2010
Martha Vernon
Martha Vernon rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2015
elle and esme gosling
elle and esme gosling rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2013
Angela Tuson
Angela Tuson rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2013
Carly
Carly rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2011
Beloved Girl
Beloved Girl rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Sabine
Sabine rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2014
Cybersindi
Cybersindi rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2015
Jody
Jody rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Valerie Thomas is the author of the bestselling and much loved Winnie the Witch picture books, illustrated by Korky Paul.

Valerie was born in Australia and has lived there for most of her life. Although she doesn’t have a broomstick, she has traveled to most parts of the world, and she is now trying to organize her life so that she never has to experience another winter. She used to live with a big
More about Valerie Thomas...

Winnie the Witch (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Winnie the Witch
  • Winnie in Winter
  • Winnie's Magic Wand (Winnie the Witch)
  • Winnie's New Computer
  • Winnie at the Seaside
  • Winnie's Midnight Dragon
  • Happy Birthday, Winnie!
  • Winnie's Flying Carpet.
  • Winnie's Amazing Pumpkin
  • Winnie in Space (Winnie the Witch)