Start by marking “Peedie” as Want to Read:
Peedie

Peedie (Gossie and Friends)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  251 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Peedie is a small yellow gosling who sometimes forgets things. But he never forgets to wear his lucky red baseball cap. He wears it everywhere. Until he puts it in a secret place.
Published August 30th 2004 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Peedie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peedie

BOB Books Set 1 by Bobby Lynn MaslenHi! Fly Guy by Tedd ArnoldHot Dog by Molly CoxeTen Apples Up On Top! by Theo LeSiegHop on Pop by Dr. Seuss
Books For Earliest Reading
25th out of 26 books — 18 voters
Fishing Into Potato Salad by Othen Donald Dale CummingsFetch by Adam Glendon SidwellChicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.Turtle Wish by Murielle CyrBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
Toddlers Ages 1-3
139th out of 147 books — 64 voters

More lists with this book...

Andrew Christou
Summary:

Peedie is a gosling. A small, yellow gosling who sometimes forgets things. But there is one thing he never forgets: his lucky red baseball cap, which he wears wherever he goes. That is, until one day when he does forget it. Can Peedie find his lucky red baseball cap?

Review:

A simple story with cute, colourful illustrations, but that is all. I was disappointed with the rhymes. The rhyme scheme, if you could call it that, was irregular at best and largely comprised of half-rhymes. Granted,
Jeff
Dunrea's books are cute! The characters are cleverly drawn and the stories are whimsical and heart warming. Peedie is the first one I picked up. It tales the tale of a little gosling that is a little forgetful, and the day that he forgets his favorite hat. A fun read to include in a bedtime reading routine of books to explore. We checked ours out at our local library.
Ina
When I stumbled upon this book, while searching my library catalog for something else, I fell in love with little Peedie. The boys and girls at storytime this morning could really relate to him and his forgetfulness...and the tasks he avoids (like straightening out his nest!). It is a small book, so I was fortunate that today I was reading to a very small group.
David
Peedie (Gossie & Friends) by Olivier Dunrea is another entry in the gosling series featuring a gosling who sometimes forgets things. But Peedie never forgets to wear his lucky red baseball cap. He wears it everywhere. Until he puts it in a secret place.

The text features a large font and lots of repetition, making it a good choice for beginning readers. Verbs featured include wears, dives, slides, explores, snores, looked and trudged.

The illustrations are the highlight, showing Peedie balanc
June
Mar 19, 2014 June rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: librarians, parents teachers
Shelves: hats, programbook
I really like Dunrea and need to remember to try this in my March Hats story time since I get a smaller crowd now that so many children go to day care and preschool.

Peedie, a forgetful gosling, wears his red baseball cap everywhere. One day he puts it in a secret place, but he forgets where he puts it. 4/13/12

One of my favorite hat stories, since I have become so forgetful. Since I had a small group tonight 4 children and 6 adults I threw this in since 2 were late. 3/5/13

I also tried this at lap
s e n t i m e n t a l i t i e s olittlebear
Cute story. Nice, simple, short sentences. Adorable pictures.
Nancy
Cute and sweet. Love the illustrations.
Keli burris
very cute! my son enjoyed it I love olivier dunrea's books!
Christina
The series begins with Gossie & Gertie although they do not have to be read in any particular order. They are short, cute and fun books. They do not teach any higher values and morals; they are purely for entertainment. The reason I give them all four stars is because my son loves them so much, he carries them around with him everywhere and I like the art. Anything that encourages my semi-reluctant reader that well deserves a decent rating.
Jan 21, 2014 Sarah added it
Stories & Songs: Hats & Mittens
Tyrone Hardy
I think Peedie is a remake of Goosie, but this book tells about a forget little duck who misplaces his favorite red hat. This is a book that anyone, especially pre-k to 1st grade students can relate to. Students can also anticipate easily what is going to happen in this story, thereby keeping them well engaged.
jacky
Not as nice as Gossie. In fact, the way it is so similar to Gossie, but not about cute boots made me like it less. Pictures are still cute and we follow Peedie forgetting to do interesting things. Where the hat is in the end is cute, but not sure why turning the egg would be his job.
Carol
This was the last of the Dunrea gosling books I read (to my child) so the formula of the stories was more obvious & less charming to me than the first ones I read. Still, cute pictures and cute characters. I'm glad it's in our board book collection.
Petra Castellano
Jan 13, 2012 Petra Castellano is currently reading it
Shelves: fave-books
I love this book. It is one of my favorites because my name is Petra, and everybody calls me Petie. Peedie is pronounced the same way that Petie is pronounced. It is a great book for kids. I also forget things a lot too!!
Aprils
I enjoyed the bright illustrations, the sense of rhythm, the gentle pace, and the simple words that were easy for beginning readers to decode. I think that children aged 0-4 would like this book.
Amberly
We love all of Olivier Dunrea's books. We have this in board book format which makes it especially friendly for my baby. The illustrations are lovely and the story is very sweet.
Peacegal
Peedie is a boring gosling who has the world’s most boring adventure in a series of flat and amateurish illustrations. Children’s books can do better than this.
zoe
Um, this was just a knock off of Gossie. Cute, but kind of a rip off that the whole "plot line" was just stolen from the author's previous book. Lame.
Sarah Whitney
Not as awesome as Gossie, if you ask me, but most certainly appeals to the young male population of Gossie-lovers that I know :-D
Ashley
Love this little gosling series by Dunera. Simple story, cute pictures... highly recommended for boys or girls.
Tori Walker
My son loved this book, he would ask for Peedie often. I found the pacing a bit off, but enjoyed the illustrations
Susan Klemetti
Small ones who have their own special favorite object should resonate with Peedie and his red cap. Cute book.
Denicemarcell
Peedie is forgetful, this is not a problem for him till he forgot the safe place he put his lucky hat in .
Joy
Sooo cute!! I read this to my daughter, I want to read the rest in this series to her too! =)
Nioniel
It's hard to read a book when your brother is trying to eat it at the same time.
David
Cute kids book about a forgetful duck. I'd use it for storytime if the book was larger.
Amber
It's about a little goose that tends to forget everything but his lucky red baseball cap.
Sarajane
Loved "Ollie"; Peedie is cute but not as good. I love the simple illustrations.
This book is really cute, my 2 year old daughter enjoys it. :)
Karen
Cute character, probably best for a child around 18 months old.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Mary Had a Little Lamp
  • Skippyjon Jones 1-2-3
  • Jump, Frog, Jump!
  • Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy
  • Pigs Aplenty, Pigs Galore!
Since his debut in 1983, author and illustrator Olivier Dunrea has created a steady stream of picture books, including concept books, stories of family life—modern and ancient—and stories about artists. Many of Dunrea's picture books testify to his love of animals and his interest in archaeology and folklore of the British Isles, and several—including Ravena, The Trow-Wife's Treasure, and Bear Noe ...more
More about Olivier Dunrea...
Gossie Gossie and Gertie Ollie Old Bear and His Cub Ollie the Stomper