Untamed (The Amoveo Legend, #3)

Untamed (The Amoveo Legend #3)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  562 ratings  ·  96 reviews
The Amoveo are an ancient race who've lived secretly among humans for thousands of years. They are beautiful and incredibly strong but their race is extremely fragile--each has until the age of 30 to find their soul mate, before their bodies start to die a slow, painful death.
Layla Nickelsen has spent her life running from a mate she didn't choose, until William Fleury fi...more
Mass Market Paperback, 300 pages
Published November 6th 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published November 1st 2012)

Sara Humphreys
May 14, 2012 Sara Humphreys rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Yes. It's my book and I'm rating it. Why? It's simple...if I don't think it's a fun read then why the heck should you? I hope you'll enjoy Layla and William's story. Dream on...
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
3 Shapeshifting Stars!

I love shapeshifters! And the ability to change into an animal seems so much appealing to me. Sara Humphreys has created a very interesting mythology in the Amoveo series.

So far I've really enjoyed the worlbuilding and all the intrigue. I picked up the book and I was ready for a Purist/Loyalist faceoff and since Layla knew her legacy I was expecting breathtaking action and.....

description

For 2/3 of the book we live through Layla's reluctance to mate with (the amazing , I had to add th...more
Jennifer Wilson

Ok, I love, love, love this series!! The books just keep getting better. I enjoyed this book, but it has wanting more NOW! The characters are great. I can't wait to see the new additions get their stories. Of course, it is always nice catching up with past characters. Sara Humphrey's is a great voice in the paranormal romance genre. You must read these books. You won't be disappointed.
Secretly Reading
This is book three in the Amoveo Legend series but I hadn't read the first two and didn't need to. This world of shifters who have other energy abilities is well conceived and presented in an easily understood manner. I like this unique world and know other paranormal readers will too.

I also like the characters. William and Layla appear on the outside to be opposites. Layla is a free-spirited photographer and William is an uptight attorney. But they balance each other beautifully. Since this is...more
Scooper Speaks
3.5
Favorite Lines: “You can’t make me fall in love with you and expect to get away with it.” (p. 301, e-galley)

Have you started reading Sara Humphreys’ Amoveo series yet? I did a while back and I don’t regret it either. It’s a predestined mate, shifter style romance series that sometimes is just what I want. Untamed is book three in the series. I think it can be read as a stand alone.

Imagine shifters living in the same world as you and I. As with most cultures/peoples there are those who are con...more
Shauni
Book Three of Sara Humphreys Amoveo Legend Series takes us out of the Bayou and into rural Maryland. Where we find that it's not all small town hicks.. (please people don't think this is a dig on small towns as I am currently looking for the perfect small town to move to) This book shows the sultry side of the south..

William Fluery, the oh so sexy man in control. Everyone knows that when William is around he is in control. An attorney for the Council, a man in a brooks brothers suit (ok doesn't...more
Delphina
How have I not read this series before?!?!?! It was so amazingly yummy and fun. I was a bit concerned that by reading a book part way into a series that I might not be able to completely "get" the story. That was not the case. From chapter one, I was incompletely hooked on the amazingly developed characters and intriguing story line. I am sure I would have understood some of the subtle nuances better if I read the first books in the series, but I really felt this book was a complete story in and...more
Lucy Dosch
William Fleury is one uptight shifter. He was not nicknamed the “iceman” for nothing. So how does he end up with a mate who is such a free-spirited, fly-by-the-seat-of-her-pants kind of girl?

Layla Nickelsen knew she was half human/half Amoveo and she feared the day that some neanderthal Amoveo would come to her door, beating his chest and screeching that she was his mate, and thinking he was going to be dragging her off by her hair to do as he says. Oh, hell no!! Especially, not after her mothe...more
Visionary

Third installment of Sara Humphreys's Amoveo series. Sort of had a hunch that Willie and his lady would be next. The way he kept "disappearing" on business in Untouched clued me in that his "mate" was near.

So happy that my guess/hunch proved right. William aka Willie as a friend likes to call him, we met in previous books; however in Untouched we meet more of his character, got to interact with him.

Layla - we got to meet her character but not enough to know her personality. Not as much as Will...more
Lynda Scott
Untamed
by Sara Humphreys
Sourcebooks, Casablanca
November 2012

Layla has dreaded the day her Amoveo mate would find her. But as fate would have it, he shows up on a photographic shoot in New Orleans. Before he can claim her, she flees to the one place she's always been safe, her small hometown in rural Maryland and the farm where she spent most of her childhood.

After experiencing her mother's mental instability and being put in foster care, Layla has serious trust issues. When she finally ends up a...more
Vicki Rose Stewart
In recent months, I have taken to calling Ms Humphreys "Sara The Great", and after reading the latest release in her Amoveo Legend series, "Untamed", I know that she is living up to that nickname everyday!
Ms. Humphreys is still fairly new on the author scene but with her sexually charged and incredibly mesmerizing Amoveo clan, you would think she's been an author for ages. Ms. Humphreys can draw a reader in from the very first paragraph & before you know it, you'll be every bit as addicted...more
A.R. Von
I found out after I read this that it was the third book of a series. I had no clue! I’m a touch sad that I did not know so before hand and did not get to read the others. But I’m not that worried and plan to get the first to books soon. With that being said and you all knowing this is the first time I’ve read from the series. I LOVED IT! I was not lost; I loved the flow of the story, its originality, the excitement, sensuality and the fact that it has quite a few hot paranormal's in it (those A...more
Franjessca
Review also posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

I love this series that Sara has created...of all different shifters coming together and mating together.
"Untamed" definitely had a lot going on with it, especially towards the end. Oh boy...that was a doozy ending. =) LOVED IT!
Layla Nickelsen has always known she's different. Her brother and sister are hybrids and have already shifted to their animal. Layla though has not shifted, except in her dreams.
She is back home with her brother Rafie and the person...more
KindleJo Jo
This is a 4.5 star book!

This third (fourth if you include the short story) installment in the Amoveo Legend picks up right whereUntouchedleaves us. William is going after his mate, Layla knows that her mate has found her and is horrified to be tied to someone just because destiny says so. You can truly understand her fears based on the knowledge that she has been given regarding the Amoveo species.
William is patient and understanding. Their chemistry burns off the charts. There were some twists...more
Sandie
Layla has always known that she was a hybrid. Born of a human mother and an Amoveo father, she has never felt that she belonged to either camp. Raised by a loving foster mother with two other hybrid children, she returns to the homestead when she encounters a stalker in her dreams. The stalker is William, and he is destined to become her mate, or at least that's what the Amoveo world would have her believe.

But Layla isn't sure she wants to agree. When William follows her to the farm, she realise...more
Michelle the Romance Witch
Layla and William’s story was an awesome chapter in the Amoveo story for so many reasons. The overall plot including the vast changes caused during the group’s confrontation with the purists is beginning to take the series into a bit of a different direction I think. The love story between these two flawed and apprehensive lovers was rich and full of human emotion and the scars that the past can cause and overcoming them. And of course meeting new characters that will allow for future books in t...more
Lisa Borbeck
I can't formulate the words to explain to you how totally epic this book is... first book was amazing, second book was incredible and now? This third book? Takes the story to a WHOLE new level... I am officially jealous of anyone who hasn't read this because they get to experience this brand new for the first time... I highly recommend that you take a week vacation so that you can completely dedicate the time for reading this series because you will not want to do anything but read until the end...more
Stacie
A good read. William is known as a very uptight guy but when he meets Layla he knows instantly that she is Amoveo mate. He has been meeting her in his dreams but she always hides from him. Layla wants true love not just someone who HAS to be her mate. William has to convince Layla that she is the one for him and that it is not just due to the bond that they share.
Cathy
Wow, when is the next book due? I loved William and Layla. I also like the way we are kept updated on the previous books. LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!
Pam
I love William!
Dianne
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I can't make up my mind which I liked best Unleashed or Untamed! William and Layla's story was so well written and set the scene perfectly for the battles ahead between the Purists and the Loyalists.

There were moments within this book that Layla annoyed me. I can understand her being hesitant at first forming a relationship with William, however once she got to know him she should have jumped at the opportunity. Any sane woman would jump excitedly into a relations...more
Amanda Croley
Well 'ol stick in the mud William has finally found his mate. Too bad she wants nothing to do with him. In the last book William disappeared a bunch and I was a little worried about where he was going. I should have known it was Layla, his mate keeping him preoccupied. Layla knows that she is hybrid, unlike the three before here. She also wants nothing to do with the rest of the Amoveo. Her mother was human, and desperately in love with her Amoveo father. When he revealed to her what he was she...more
Amanda P
So I have not read the first two books of this series. I don’t really feel as though it was necessary to have read the first two books. The author does a good job of summarizing what has happened to date so I didn’t feel lost and picked it up the new world pretty quick.

This take on shifters was pretty easy to pick up and was pretty interesting. In theory I liked the concept. When you find your mate it makes you stronger, better more whole. However, if you don’t find your mate or if your mate di...more
Rebecca
OK, so this is a PNR series I have been really digging! I found out about the Amoveo Legend series through a booktuber, Gail Nichols, when she did a vlog on romance books she was loving. After listening to her describe the series I knew I wanted to try it. So, I snagged all the books in the series I could find. I flew through the first two and the novella in like two days… (I LOVE PNR y’all, especially when shifters are involved!) When I went to searching for the next in the series I was excited...more
Karen
Who doesn’t like to see the stuffy character get their feathers ruffled? And in William’s case, ruffled feathers is a literal condition too.
William Fleury, like all Amoveo shifter’s, is keen to find his mate. However, William is not prepared to find out that his mate has deliberately been avoiding him and has no desire to be shackled to this overbearing, pompous male.
Layla, unlike many other Hybids, is well aware of who and what she is, and has absolutely no inclination to be forced into a matin...more
Kayla
It seems like this lovely book just fell from the heavens into my arms, because that is how perfect this whole situation happened. Upon receiving Untamed I could stop staring at the cover. Gah, who could? With William on the front shirtless... and that tattoo. (SWOON INSERTED)

I found out that this was the third in a series and that it could be read as a standalone also. I am usually one to read books in order but something about this book called to me. Man am I glad it did. I absolutely love sha...more
Deborah

I had not read the first two books in this series. But that was okay . This book shines on it's own merits .
I liked both of the main characters . They were completely opposite personalities . Yet , they fit together perfectly . Layla was a delightfully charming free spirit . And William was an attorney for the council . Instead of a pre-destined mate this timeWilliam actually had to fight for the fair Layla's heart . That different spin was what set this book apart from the usual shifter romanc...more
Danielle Long

I'm not going to spoil this book for those who want to read it. I did read another review about the killer and was not happy about the outcome of who it was. Here is my take on that, if the killer would have been Amoveo than Layla would have neeevvvverrrr given William the chance he deserved. I'm glad that Sam and Kerry showed up with their handsome men to help out with the situation between William and Layla.
Even after meeting Sam and Kerry and hearing their take not knowing who they were and...more
Joelle
Untamed (The Amoveo Legend #3)

by Sara Humphreys

5 STAR READ

Description

Layl...more
Meaghan

After reading the last book in this series, Untouched, (review here), I was hoping we would get to read about William next and luckily Sara gave us that experience in Untamed. William has always been the “stiff” of the group. He is constantly dressed in a suit, he rarely cracks a smile and he seems to take life way to seriously. I loved when he found his mate, Layla, since she was the exact opposite of him. She flies by the seat of her pants and is a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. They say oppo...more
Weekly Romance: 10/20 - Untamed by Sara Humphreys 5 7 Oct 30, 2013 08:04AM
  • Deliver Me from Temptation (Paladin Warriors, #2)
  • Dire Wants (Eternal Wolf Clan, #2)
  • Wolfishly Yours (Westfield Wolves, #6)
  • Primal Possession (Moon Shifter, #2)
  • Jaguar Fever (Heart of the Jaguar, #2)
  • A Tiger's Claim (Ashwood Falls, #1)
  • Her Warriors' Three Wishes (Dante's Circle, #2)
  • How to Date a Dragon (Flirting with Fangs Trilogy, #2)
  • For the Love of a Goblin Warrior (Shadowlands, #3)
  • Seduction's Shift (The Shadow Shifters, #2)
  • Enslaved (Eternal Guardians, #5)
  • Immortal Craving (Dark Dynasties, #4)
  • Provoked (Dark Protectors, #5)
  • Drive Me Wild (The Others, #7)
  • Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)
Sara has been a lover of both the paranormal and romance novels for years. Her sci-fi/fantasy/romance obsession began years ago with the TV Series STAR TREK and an enormous crush on Captain Kirk. That sci-fi obsession soon evolved into the love of all types of fantasy/paranormal; vampires, ghosts, werewolves, and of course shape shifters.

Sara is married to her college sweetheart, Will. They live...more
More about Sara Humphreys...
Unleashed (The Amoveo Legend, #1) Untouched (The Amoveo Legend, #2) Undenied (The Amoveo Legend, #2.5) Undone (The Amoveo Legend, #4) Tall, Dark, and Vampire (Dead in the City, #1)

“Fate or imprinting, or whatever the hell my people want to call it – none of that can make me love you.”
“I love you, Layla. I love your stubborn streak, the way you love Rosie, Raife, and Tati. I admire you desire for independence, and Lord knows, I love your moxie.”
“Fate didn’t make me love you… you did.”
5 likes