Start by marking “Return of the Stardust Cowgirl (Lucy Hatch, #4)” as Want to Read:
Return of the Stardust Cowgirl  (Lucy Hatch, #4)

Return of the Stardust Cowgirl (Lucy Hatch #4)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  19 reviews
“It’s sticking around when things get tough that you find out what somebody’s worth. But I guess you already know that.”

So says Lucy Hatch to her stepdaughter, Denny, who has run away from her fledgling music career in Nashville to escape marriage troubles. Now back home in Texas, Denny learns that leaving her past behind won’t be so simple: she’s pregnant. Lucy is also at
Published February 26th 2008 by Three Rivers Press (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Return of the Stardust Cowgirl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return of the Stardust Cowgirl

Anne OK
The fourth and final installment in the "Lucy Hatch Novels." A very satisfying conclusion to the series although I'm a little sad to say goodbye to Lucy and Ash and their family. This has been one of the best surprise packages I've discovered in my years of reading. I dearly loved the storyline and the relationships that built and grew deeper in meaning with each and every book. A little bit country, a whole lot of loving, and some hard knocks along the way make this series a stand-out for me. M ...more
Marleen
This is the last of the marvelous series of the Lucy Hatch books. I would really recommend all readers to read the books in the right order because they read like one big book.
The characters are still as heartwarming and funny while dealing with real & everyday life in a small town in Northeast Texas.
Being a big Country Music fan, the regular reference to Country songs, the life of musicians & the music industry was a pure delight to me.
There was a moment there that I thought Ash, one o
Sarah Eiseman
Originally posted on Sarahsbookshelf.com:

A million years ago, or what seems like a million years, I received a copy of this book by Marsha Moyer. This is actually the final novel in the Lucy Hatch series, none of which I had read previously. But even not reading those books in advance, I never felt like I was missing anything major.

The story is told in the first person by two people, Lucy and Denny. Denny is a country singer who has run into some misfortune recently and returns home to lick her
Liisa
"Return of the Stardust Cowgirl" is last in the Lucy Hatch series by author Marsha Moyer and it doesn't disappoint!

To make the most of this series, there are two things you need to know:
1. This isn't your usual, fluffy, boy-meets-girl chick lit. Marsha Moyer has an amazing ability to capture human nature and to tell somewhat gritty stories based in reality. Definitely more satisfying than a bit of fluff.
2. This series truly needs to be read in order to understand each character and their "journe
Sara Smith
This wasn't my favorite in this series. It seems like the characters are doomed to repeat their mistakes over and over, but it wrapped up things neatly so nobody was left hanging at the end of the book.

"I used to think love was infinite...But our days are numbered, every one, and what we don't spend we don't get to take with us. We need to wallow in it, use it up" (p.348)

This book ranked up there with the first two in the series. I was glad to see Moyer back to her old style. Though this book could be the last in the series, it left itself open for more. I hope she comes through with another one!
Juanita Pichler
Marsha's last title in her Lucy Hatch & Ash Farrell series! Sorry to say goodbye to the characters... I recommend all of Marsha's books. Start with #1 - The Second Coming of Lucy Hatch. You'll have a hard time putting all of them down!
Stacy
In this series, each book gets progressively worse than the previous one. I also don't like the constant recap of not only the previous books but the current one. Some of us are able to remember what we just read 12 pages ago.
Linda
I had read the first part of this series years earlier. A simple story.... Don't think I will read more in this series but it was a fast easy read for a rainy weekend.
Mary
It was a bittersweet moment to finish this book because it is the last in the Lucy Hatch series. What a fitting finale to one of my most treasured heroines!
Tamra
Really enjoyed this fourth installment in the life of Lucy Hatch. She continues to try and sort out her life in spite of many life altering events.
Mandy
A lovely conclusion. Room for more to be told, but really, I'm ok with leaving the Hatches/Farrells here. They are in a good place.
Po
Just finished this! Loved it. Am sad that the Lucy and Ash series is over. :-( Know mom is too.
Karen Benson
I have loved the Lucy Hatch series and hope there will be more.
Cindy
Feb 11, 2009 Cindy added it
Lots like a Billie Letts book. Fun to read.
Molly
Typical Moyer work. A fun jaunt
Pam
Jul 19, 2008 Pam marked it as to-read
Shelves: fiction, texas
07/19/08 ARC rec via bookmooch
Rachel
I didn't want this book to end!
Akgooch
Fun beach read.
Cheri Magana
Cheri Magana marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Amy Koomen
Amy Koomen marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Kristen Phillips
Kristen Phillips marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Traci
Traci marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Heather Boyd
Heather Boyd marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
  • The Bikini Car Wash
  • Bulletproof Mascara
  • A Catch of Consequence
  • Beat Until Stiff
  • Rizzo's War (Joe Rizzo, #1)
  • Waking Up in the Land of Glitter: A Crafty Chica Novel
  • Doc in the Box (Francesca Vierling Mystery, #4)
  • Past Tense  (Inspector Sloan #23)
Marsha Moyer was born in Austin and grew up in Bryan/College Station in central Texas. After graduating from Bryan High School, she attended the University of Texas at Austin, and for the next 25 years held a variety of jobs, including those of secretary to two animal scientists in the field of swine management, newsletter editor at the Texas A&M computing center, and assistant to the late che ...more
More about Marsha Moyer...

Lucy Hatch (4 books)
  • The Second Coming of Lucy Hatch (Lucy Hatch, #1)
  • The Last of the Honky-Tonk Angels (Lucy Hatch, #2)
  • Heartbreak Town (Lucy Hatch, #3)
The Second Coming of Lucy Hatch (Lucy Hatch, #1) The Last of the Honky-Tonk Angels (Lucy Hatch, #2) Heartbreak Town (Lucy Hatch, #3)