Start by marking “Return of the Stardust Cowgirl (Lucy Hatch, #4)” as Want to Read:
Return of the Stardust Cowgirl  (Lucy Hatch, #4)

Return of the Stardust Cowgirl (Lucy Hatch #4)

“It’s sticking around when things get tough that you find out what somebody’s worth. But I guess you already know that.”

So says Lucy Hatch to her stepdaughter, Denny, who has run away from her fledgling music career in Nashville to escape marriage troubles. Now back home in Texas, Denny learns that leaving her past behind won’t be so simple: she’s pregnant. Lucy is also at
Published February 26th 2008 by Three Rivers Press (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Return of the Stardust Cowgirl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return of the Stardust Cowgirl

Anne OK
Dec 10, 2011 Anne OK rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-reads
The fourth and final installment in the "Lucy Hatch Novels." A very satisfying conclusion to the series although I'm a little sad to say goodbye to Lucy and Ash and their family. This has been one of the best surprise packages I've discovered in my years of reading. I dearly loved the storyline and the relationships that built and grew deeper in meaning with each and every book. A little bit country, a whole lot of loving, and some hard knocks along the way make this series a stand-out for me. M ...more
Feb 14, 2010 Marleen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is the last of the marvelous series of the Lucy Hatch books. I would really recommend all readers to read the books in the right order because they read like one big book.
The characters are still as heartwarming and funny while dealing with real & everyday life in a small town in Northeast Texas.
Being a big Country Music fan, the regular reference to Country songs, the life of musicians & the music industry was a pure delight to me.
There was a moment there that I thought Ash, one o
Sarah Eiseman
Oct 05, 2013 Sarah Eiseman rated it liked it
Originally posted on

A million years ago, or what seems like a million years, I received a copy of this book by Marsha Moyer. This is actually the final novel in the Lucy Hatch series, none of which I had read previously. But even not reading those books in advance, I never felt like I was missing anything major.

The story is told in the first person by two people, Lucy and Denny. Denny is a country singer who has run into some misfortune recently and returns home to lick her
Dec 31, 2015 Melody rated it liked it
I liked this book. It was certainly better than Heartbreak Town, but I didn't like it as much as the first two in the series. I never really got into the character of Denny so I didn't really care much for her parts. But it was a nice conclusion to the Lucy and Ash story.
Jan 05, 2011 Liisa rated it really liked it
"Return of the Stardust Cowgirl" is last in the Lucy Hatch series by author Marsha Moyer and it doesn't disappoint!

To make the most of this series, there are two things you need to know:
1. This isn't your usual, fluffy, boy-meets-girl chick lit. Marsha Moyer has an amazing ability to capture human nature and to tell somewhat gritty stories based in reality. Definitely more satisfying than a bit of fluff.
2. This series truly needs to be read in order to understand each character and their "journe
Sara Smith
Sep 16, 2014 Sara Smith rated it liked it
This wasn't my favorite in this series. It seems like the characters are doomed to repeat their mistakes over and over, but it wrapped up things neatly so nobody was left hanging at the end of the book.

"I used to think love was infinite...But our days are numbered, every one, and what we don't spend we don't get to take with us. We need to wallow in it, use it up" (p.348)

Jul 15, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
This book ranked up there with the first two in the series. I was glad to see Moyer back to her old style. Though this book could be the last in the series, it left itself open for more. I hope she comes through with another one!
Juanita Pichler
Mar 07, 2008 Juanita Pichler rated it it was amazing
Marsha's last title in her Lucy Hatch & Ash Farrell series! Sorry to say goodbye to the characters... I recommend all of Marsha's books. Start with #1 - The Second Coming of Lucy Hatch. You'll have a hard time putting all of them down!
Mar 14, 2012 Stacy rated it it was ok
In this series, each book gets progressively worse than the previous one. I also don't like the constant recap of not only the previous books but the current one. Some of us are able to remember what we just read 12 pages ago.
Apr 29, 2008 Linda rated it liked it
I had read the first part of this series years earlier. A simple story.... Don't think I will read more in this series but it was a fast easy read for a rainy weekend.
May 03, 2008 Mary rated it it was amazing
It was a bittersweet moment to finish this book because it is the last in the Lucy Hatch series. What a fitting finale to one of my most treasured heroines!
Jul 03, 2011 Tamra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2011
Really enjoyed this fourth installment in the life of Lucy Hatch. She continues to try and sort out her life in spite of many life altering events.
Jul 07, 2011 Mandy rated it really liked it
A lovely conclusion. Room for more to be told, but really, I'm ok with leaving the Hatches/Farrells here. They are in a good place.
Mar 17, 2008 Po rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Just finished this! Loved it. Am sad that the Lucy and Ash series is over. :-( Know mom is too.
Karen Benson
Feb 17, 2013 Karen Benson rated it really liked it
I have loved the Lucy Hatch series and hope there will be more.
Feb 11, 2009 Cindy added it
Lots like a Billie Letts book. Fun to read.
Sep 29, 2013 Molly rated it liked it
Typical Moyer work. A fun jaunt
Jul 19, 2008 Pam marked it as to-read
Shelves: fiction, texas
07/19/08 ARC rec via bookmooch
Sep 02, 2009 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I didn't want this book to end!
Mar 02, 2016 Cecily rated it liked it
Easy read,
May 26, 2008 Akgooch rated it really liked it
Fun beach read.
Thomas Neher
Thomas Neher rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Tara Romero
Tara Romero rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Robyn marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
April rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Stephanie Laffin
Stephanie Laffin marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
C.  (Christy)
C. (Christy) rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016
Sarah added it
Jul 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Try
  • Deadly Deceptions (Mojo #2)
  • Texas Cooking (Texas Hill Country #1)
  • The Wilder Sisters
  • Waking Up in the Land of Glitter: A Crafty Chica Novel
  • A Catch of Consequence
  • Silent Joe
  • The Red Hat Club Rides Again
  • A Light at Winter's End (Cedar Springs #3)
  • The You I Never Knew
  • The Long-Legged Fly (Lew Griffin, #1)
  • The Writing Life
  • Flight Lessons
Marsha Moyer was born in Austin and grew up in Bryan/College Station in central Texas. After graduating from Bryan High School, she attended the University of Texas at Austin, and for the next 25 years held a variety of jobs, including those of secretary to two animal scientists in the field of swine management, newsletter editor at the Texas A&M computing center, and assistant to the late che ...more
More about Marsha Moyer...

Lucy Hatch (4 books)
  • The Second Coming of Lucy Hatch (Lucy Hatch, #1)
  • The Last of the Honky-Tonk Angels (Lucy Hatch, #2)
  • Heartbreak Town (Lucy Hatch, #3)