Start by marking “El Millonario Automático Dueño de Casa: Cómo acabar rico al comprar la casa de tus sueños” as Want to Read:

3.8  ·  Rating Details ·  1,034 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
EL MÉTODO SENCILLO DE DAVID BACH PERMITIRà QUE TU PROPIA CASA TE HAGA RICO–AUTOMÃTICAMENTE.Por qué El Millonario Automático Dueño de Casa te es indispensable:No necesitas un pago inicial exorbitante para comprar una casa o un apartamento.No es necesario que tu crédito sea excelente.Debes comprar incluso si tienes deudas en tus tarjetas de crédito.Puedes adquirir un ...more
Published February 20th 2007 by Vintage Espanol (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about El Millonario Automático Dueño de Casa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El Millonario Automático Dueño de Casa

David
Jul 19, 2012 David rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My attention to detail skill was absent when I bought this audiobook on iTunes. I wanted The Automatic Millionaire, but bought the Real Estate version by accident. While I still want to go back and read that book, I cannot recommend this particular book.

Bach begins by stating the stock market cannot produce the returns of real estate. His disclaimer is the book is written in 2006, so some things may change when the reader goes through it. He mentions his methods are timeless because everyone ne
Ryan
Mar 26, 2009 Ryan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This book was written at the height of the housing bubble. As such, many of its assertions are downright laughable. For example, the author claims anyone can (and should) get a home loan, even if you have bad credit and no money for a down payment.

Also, the author reasons that the average income of homeowners is greater than that of renters; therefore, if you want a higher income, buy a home. Are you kidding me!?! Correlation is not causation.

Certainly there were a few good principles in t
Toby
Jun 16, 2009 Toby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finance, audiobook, sjpl
One might think that a book about making millions in the real estate market that was written in 2005 would be hopelessly irrelevant today. However, that is decidedly not true about The Millionaire Homeowner. David Bach turns out to have been remarkably prescient about the housing and lending crash of these past few years. In fact, in this book, he describes the causes and effects of the crash in detail, before they happen, and advises against each of them.[return][return]I'd highly recommend thi ...more
Nathan
Apr 23, 2008 Nathan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some things in here I know I'm going to use! The best part about this book is that the author repeats many times, that people who buy lots of houses just to flip them are stupid jerks who ruin it for everyone else.
Mark Sylvester
Nov 13, 2015 Mark Sylvester rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Worst book ever. Read it because it was recommended by a friend, and it's clear we should not be friends anymore.
Devin
Mar 03, 2017 Devin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Michael
Feb 05, 2017 Michael rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another very basic book. It does offer some specific tips (for example, to ask for the application fee back from your lender if your mortgage is approved), but it can be summarized on something that goes like this:
- Never rent, but rather buy a home (and once you get another home, don't sell the first one)
- With home appreciation, refinance in a few years, and take equity out to buy another one

The book was written before the real estate market crash of 2008/2009, and does not really address two
Chris Ryen
Jun 29, 2017 Chris Ryen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Read this book and then watch the Big Short. You will laugh and laugh. This is a recipe for the housing market collapse!
Shawn
Aug 29, 2011 Shawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finance
Readers of The Automatic Millionaire Homeowner need to manage their expectations. At a mere 244 pages, you shouldn't expect it to delve too deeply into any one aspect of home-ownership. If you are hoping for an advanced and detailed discussion of borrowing against your equity to purchase a second property, then you'll likely be disappointed. If you are, however, simply seeking basic information on the home-buying process, how to choose a good realtor, where to research mortgages, and potential a ...more
Allen
May 04, 2008 Allen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: first-time homebuyers
Recommended to Allen by: Heather
The book is very helpful if you want to learn the basics of the home-buying process. Information is presented sequentially and thoroughly. I thought the information was worth noting so I listed what I thought were the important points as I listened to the audio book. If you're interested in first-time home-buyer information, you could skip disc 1 altogether and skip over a few parts of disc 2 (the audio book consists of four discs).

I borrowed the CD's from a coworker who owns multiple propertie
Erin
Apr 24, 2013 Erin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
(Too be fair, this was not the book I was trying to read. As an assignment for an upcoming business class I was assigned his other book - The Automatic Millionaire. Unfortunately when I ordered the book online I didn't pay enough attention and purchased the Homeowner edition instead. But I tried to be fair in my assessment of the book.)

I think that the heart of the advice this book offers is in fact very helpful, although it is only 270 something pages, so it's not very thorough. Unfortunately a
Alana
May 14, 2009 Alana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was fantastic and I recommend anyone looking at buying a new home to read it to become educated. Since I have already been through the home-buying process, I knew a lot of what the book was explaining, however, I did still learn a lot of information that I can use in the next time I purchase a home. Although I would rather be rich now and this book, along with the rest of his Finish Rich series, is in hopes of preparing you to plan for your future retirement years and years down the ro ...more
Anthony McDowell
Sep 06, 2015 Anthony McDowell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the book; loads of motivational information. I cannot fathom that his numbers are accurate in terms of homes appreciating in value at the rates he uses as examples in the time frames he suggests. I live in Tennessee and I know of no one who attained these types of equities. The principles though of homeownership are great advice. The way he describes to build your real estate portfolio is in line with other books I have read, but his numbers seem inflated. As I continue to study investing ...more
Vicki
The good -- the tax information, the Starker exception, some nuts and bolts information about interviewing real estate agents.

The bad -- constant exhortations to buy no matter what; that you can actually afford more house than you think; have you heard that you can put no money down?; ARMs save you soo much money, as long as you think you'll make more later they're a good idea; that the market always rises and home prices haven't decreased year on year since the fifties -- reading a book written
Jodi
Sep 08, 2008 Jodi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Yes, I'm reading yet another David Bach Finish Rich book! I've just really been enjoying his quick-read books and simple, easy-to-understand approach to financial planning. I thought this book would be a good refresher course to home-buying as we look to buy our second home in a few months. This one focuses on how to use your house to become a millionaire by basicly explaining how to get the best mortgage and save more on interest, as well as how to invest in second and third homes to create eve ...more
Jackie Brady
May 20, 2016 Jackie Brady rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title may be a bit sensational, but the advice seems relatively sober. This book talks about how one can use smart real estate purchases to become wealthy. Considering how our only real estate purchase to date has been a good investment for us, I can see how Bach's advice could work well.

The book was published in 2006, so I had my doubts going in, but Bach warns against housing bubbles and risky buying practices. He offers sane advice for long term investment properties (rather than flips).
Cori
It was an interesting read; especially being on the wrong side of the bust. However, I thought there were a number of good tips for all aspects of buying a home. I think it would behoove people to be a little more conservative, but the plan of action laid out in this book is certainly insightful. There are also a number of good resources listed in the book.

The style of writing really does motivate me. I want Clayton to read this book so that we can be on the same page as far as some of the tips
Sally
Aug 17, 2008 Sally rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finance
There was a really good lesson in this book wich made me hopeful. It was a narrative of a couple who never sold their first home but rented it out and they became very weatlthy by the time they were retired. This encourages me because since we are renting our first house ONLY because it didn't sell, that maybe it will be better for us financially in the future. Overall, I was pretty disappointed in this book. Most of the book was about how to shop for and buy a house. Most things I knew already ...more
Brian
Dec 13, 2014 Brian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great for beginners like myself. I'm Canadian and some aspects may not translate 100% due to differences in American laws. The action oriented ideas pushed me to take the next steps and get out of renting.

Finally, it is still relevant even after the "market crash" if you consider that just like anything else, things happens in cycles. In fact, there was a little nugget of advice on page 229 when he says the best time to jump into a hot market is right after it's cooled. Are we not currently the
Gretchen
Mar 03, 2011 Gretchen marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book and the steps are very easy & practical. As a result of this book, I am making contributions of 8% to my 403B (hope to up that to 10% by year's end), my credit card debt is paid off, and I am working on a goal to buy a place in Boston. I think this should be required reading for high school/college students too. We don't have financial curriculum in schools and I think we would benefit as a country doing so.
Bree Ervin
Well I think I can confidently say that this is the simplest book on real estate that I have read. Overall this is not a book I would shout out: Read this! But I would say that this is a good book for someone who hasn't purchased a house yet and has no idea where to start. If you fit that category and you want an easy read to give you some information, then by all means, read this book.

Alexis
Nov 17, 2013 Alexis rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up because I had been promised comic relief in the context of a guy telling you to buy as much house as you can afford and the possibilities of "incredible" no-money-down or variable rate mortgages ...in 2006.
But actually he did offer a fair bit of caution and there are some interesting tidbits if, like me, you're unfamiliar with house buying.
Shaeley Santiago
Similar ideas to Bach's The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich only with specific application to owning a home (mortgages, etc.).
Katherine
Jun 07, 2012 Katherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this just out of college, and it gave me some great ideas. It is a realistic approach to how an "average Joe" can get ahead and become a multi-property owner in his/her lifetime. Very doable! :)
Jason
Jan 13, 2008 Jason rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a good plan. It has helped me realize some of the places where I was wasting my money and helped me eliminate most all of my debt. Consider this book before going to those "debt elimination" services.
Denise
Jan 21, 2016 Denise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great primer on the advantages of investing in real estate. If you're still renting, you NEED to read this book/listen to it on CD. Don't forget to check your library to listen to it for free!
Lisa Marie
Feb 11, 2009 Lisa Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book changed my life- Followed his direction, 3 months later I was sitting on money. =)Washed away all my debt., started from scratch and Saved. I'm on my second property. Looking for another....in the future.
Jackie C
David Bach's very simple concepts of savings, applied to investment in real estate. A great book for anyone who is almost ready to start looking for a house but still has fear that it's an unreachable or dangerous endeavour.
Christine Yang
Jan 29, 2016 Christine Yang rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had a lot of useful information about purchasing a home especially if you are unfamiliar with the process. I don't necessarily think it will make you a millionaire but it was still an interesting read.
Christy Kuczak
Although this book is sort of basic on some of its messages, it is quite inspiring to get people to buy their first home. I even put a deposit on my first condo within a few months after reading this book the first time.
  • Nothing Down for the 2000s: Dynamic New Wealth Strategies in Real Estate
  • The Road to Wealth: A Comprehensive Guide to Your Money
  • The Real Book of Real Estate: Real Experts. Real Stories. Real Life.
  • The First Billion Is the Hardest: How Believing It's Still Early in the Game Can Lead to Life's Greatest Comebacks
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • Automatic Wealth: The Six Steps to Financial Independence
  • Trump: Think Like a Billionaire: Everything You Need to Know About Success, Real Estate, and Life
  • Investing in Real Estate
  • Own Your Own Corporation: Why the Rich Own Their Own Companies and Everyone Else Works for Them (Rich Dad's Advisors)
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • The Five Lessons a Millionaire Taught Me About Life and Wealth
  • Jim Cramer's Real Money: Sane Investing in an Insane World
  • The Wall Street Journal Complete Money and Investing Guidebook
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • The Skinnygirl Rules: For Getting and Staying Naturally Thin
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
  • Real Estate Investing For Dummies
  • You're Broke Because You Want to Be: How to Stop Getting By and Start Getting Ahead