Start by marking “El Millonario Automático Dueño de Casa: Cómo acabar rico al comprar la casa de tus sueños” as Want to Read:

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  603 ratings  ·  63 reviews
EL MÉTODO SENCILLO DE DAVID BACH PERMITIRÁ QUE TU PROPIA CASA TE HAGA RICO–AUTOMÁTICAMENTE.Por qué El Millonario Automático Dueño de Casa te es indispensable:No necesitas un pago inicial exorbitante para comprar una casa o un apartamento.No es necesario que tu crédito sea excelente.Debes comprar incluso si tienes deudas en tus tarjetas de crédito.Puedes adquirir una segund ...more
Published February 20th 2007 by Vintage Espanol (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about El Millonario Automático Dueño de Casa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El Millonario Automático Dueño de Casa

Toby
One might think that a book about making millions in the real estate market that was written in 2005 would be hopelessly irrelevant today. However, that is decidedly not true about The Millionaire Homeowner. David Bach turns out to have been remarkably prescient about the housing and lending crash of these past few years. In fact, in this book, he describes the causes and effects of the crash in detail, before they happen, and advises against each of them.[return][return]I'd highly recommend thi ...more
David
My attention to detail skill was absent when I bought this audiobook on iTunes. I wanted The Automatic Millionaire, but bought the Real Estate version by accident. While I still want to go back and read that book, I cannot recommend this particular book.

Bach begins by stating the stock market cannot produce the returns of real estate. His disclaimer is the book is written in 2006, so some things may change when the reader goes through it. He mentions his methods are timeless because everyone ne
Vicki
The good -- the tax information, the Starker exception, some nuts and bolts information about interviewing real estate agents.

The bad -- constant exhortations to buy no matter what; that you can actually afford more house than you think; have you heard that you can put no money down?; ARMs save you soo much money, as long as you think you'll make more later they're a good idea; that the market always rises and home prices haven't decreased year on year since the fifties -- reading a book written
Nathan
Some things in here I know I'm going to use! The best part about this book is that the author repeats many times, that people who buy lots of houses just to flip them are stupid jerks who ruin it for everyone else.
Shawn
Readers of The Automatic Millionaire Homeowner need to manage their expectations. At a mere 244 pages, you shouldn't expect it to delve too deeply into any one aspect of home-ownership. If you are hoping for an advanced and detailed discussion of borrowing against your equity to purchase a second property, then you'll likely be disappointed. If you are, however, simply seeking basic information on the home-buying process, how to choose a good realtor, where to research mortgages, and potential a ...more
Erin
(Too be fair, this was not the book I was trying to read. As an assignment for an upcoming business class I was assigned his other book - The Automatic Millionaire. Unfortunately when I ordered the book online I didn't pay enough attention and purchased the Homeowner edition instead. But I tried to be fair in my assessment of the book.)

I think that the heart of the advice this book offers is in fact very helpful, although it is only 270 something pages, so it's not very thorough. Unfortunately a
Allen
May 25, 2008 Allen rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: first-time homebuyers
Recommended to Allen by: Heather
The book is very helpful if you want to learn the basics of the home-buying process. Information is presented sequentially and thoroughly. I thought the information was worth noting so I listed what I thought were the important points as I listened to the audio book. If you're interested in first-time home-buyer information, you could skip disc 1 altogether and skip over a few parts of disc 2 (the audio book consists of four discs).

I borrowed the CD's from a coworker who owns multiple propertie
Brian
Great for beginners like myself. I'm Canadian and some aspects may not translate 100% due to differences in American laws. The action oriented ideas pushed me to take the next steps and get out of renting.

Finally, it is still relevant even after the "market crash" if you consider that just like anything else, things happens in cycles. In fact, there was a little nugget of advice on page 229 when he says the best time to jump into a hot market is right after it's cooled. Are we not currently the
Alana
This book was fantastic and I recommend anyone looking at buying a new home to read it to become educated. Since I have already been through the home-buying process, I knew a lot of what the book was explaining, however, I did still learn a lot of information that I can use in the next time I purchase a home. Although I would rather be rich now and this book, along with the rest of his Finish Rich series, is in hopes of preparing you to plan for your future retirement years and years down the ro ...more
Jodi
Yes, I'm reading yet another David Bach Finish Rich book! I've just really been enjoying his quick-read books and simple, easy-to-understand approach to financial planning. I thought this book would be a good refresher course to home-buying as we look to buy our second home in a few months. This one focuses on how to use your house to become a millionaire by basicly explaining how to get the best mortgage and save more on interest, as well as how to invest in second and third homes to create eve ...more
Ryan
Wow. This book was written at the height of the housing bubble. As such, many of its assertions are downright laughable. For example, the author claims anyone can (and should) get a home loan, even if you have bad credit and no money for a down payment.

Also, the author reasons that the average income of homeowners is greater than that of renters; therefore, if you want a higher income, buy a home. Are you kidding me!?! Correlation is not causation.

Certainly there were a few good principles in t
Adrianna
If you have already been through the experience of purchasing a home,

80% or more of this book will already be familiar to you.
Cori
It was an interesting read; especially being on the wrong side of the bust. However, I thought there were a number of good tips for all aspects of buying a home. I think it would behoove people to be a little more conservative, but the plan of action laid out in this book is certainly insightful. There are also a number of good resources listed in the book.

The style of writing really does motivate me. I want Clayton to read this book so that we can be on the same page as far as some of the tips
Sally
There was a really good lesson in this book wich made me hopeful. It was a narrative of a couple who never sold their first home but rented it out and they became very weatlthy by the time they were retired. This encourages me because since we are renting our first house ONLY because it didn't sell, that maybe it will be better for us financially in the future. Overall, I was pretty disappointed in this book. Most of the book was about how to shop for and buy a house. Most things I knew already ...more
Bree Ervin
Well I think I can confidently say that this is the simplest book on real estate that I have read. Overall this is not a book I would shout out: Read this! But I would say that this is a good book for someone who hasn't purchased a house yet and has no idea where to start. If you fit that category and you want an easy read to give you some information, then by all means, read this book.

Gretchen
Jun 18, 2011 Gretchen marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book and the steps are very easy & practical. As a result of this book, I am making contributions of 8% to my 403B (hope to up that to 10% by year's end), my credit card debt is paid off, and I am working on a goal to buy a place in Boston. I think this should be required reading for high school/college students too. We don't have financial curriculum in schools and I think we would benefit as a country doing so.
Alexis
I picked this up because I had been promised comic relief in the context of a guy telling you to buy as much house as you can afford and the possibilities of "incredible" no-money-down or variable rate mortgages ...in 2006.
But actually he did offer a fair bit of caution and there are some interesting tidbits if, like me, you're unfamiliar with house buying.
Shaeley Santiago
Similar ideas to Bach's The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich only with specific application to owning a home (mortgages, etc.).
Chelsea
I am on a self-help frenzy, and this series of books have been thought provoking and inspirational if you are looking to improve your current financial situation. I would not say these are the end all be all in finance books, but definitely worth reading if financial planning is up your alley!
Ann
I paid thousands of dollars to learn the information in this book the hard way over 6 years...Wish I had found this faster and before all the other classes.

Very easy to read, bit by bit, and chapter tips at end keep readers on track to actually apply the advice here easily.

Alicia
May 27, 2007 Alicia rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone that owns a home or plans to buy one
This book is great for beginners that just want to learn what options are out there. This book provides a detailed description of loan options in easy to understand terms. This book is perfect for everyone to read before embarking on any home ownership transactions.
Jason
This book contains some good advice for buying a home and is also a convincing arguement as to why homeowning is a good long term investment. It will also make you think twice about selling your house versus holding onto it as a rental property.
Jonathan Dunning
It was an ok book but the chapter on mortgages felt like it went on forever. And, I doubt half those mortgages are even offered now that the economy tanked. There were good ideas in the book, but I was hoping for something more.
I think his books are written on an 8th grade level and should be read by high schoolers as a class assignment. However, for adults in 2011 they are desperately outdated now. Maybe if you have never read one they are ok.
Jackie C
David Bach's very simple concepts of savings, applied to investment in real estate. A great book for anyone who is almost ready to start looking for a house but still has fear that it's an unreachable or dangerous endeavour.
Christy Kuczak
Although this book is sort of basic on some of its messages, it is quite inspiring to get people to buy their first home. I even put a deposit on my first condo within a few months after reading this book the first time.
Lisa Marie
This book changed my life- Followed his direction, 3 months later I was sitting on money. =)Washed away all my debt., started from scratch and Saved. I'm on my second property. Looking for another....in the future.
Jason
Definitely a good plan. It has helped me realize some of the places where I was wasting my money and helped me eliminate most all of my debt. Consider this book before going to those "debt elimination" services.
Katherine
I read this just out of college, and it gave me some great ideas. It is a realistic approach to how an "average Joe" can get ahead and become a multi-property owner in his/her lifetime. Very doable! :)
Matt
Feb 06, 2008 Matt rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Matt by: Brian Everitt
This was a good book. It got me thinking about real estate for a short term. Then I realized I don't have the time, energy or money to follow the plan... but if you do, you will be successful.
  • The Road to Wealth: A Comprehensive Guide to Your Money
  • The Real Book of Real Estate: Real Experts. Real Stories. Real Life.
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • Trump: Think Like a Billionaire: Everything You Need to Know about Success, Real Estate, and Life
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • Creating Wealth: Retire in Ten Years Using Allen's Seven Principles of Wealth
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • Automatic Wealth: The Six Steps to Financial Independence
  • The Millionaire Real Estate Investor: Anyone Can Do It--Not Everyone Will
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • The Five Lessons a Millionaire Taught Me About Life and Wealth
  • The First Billion Is the Hardest: How Believing It's Still Early in the Game Can Lead to Life's Greatest Comebacks
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • Jim Cramer's Real Money: Sane Investing in an Insane World
  • Investing in Real Estate
  • Real Estate Investing For Dummies
  • The Wall Street Journal Complete Money and Investing Guidebook
The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich Smart Women Finish Rich: 9 Steps to Achieving Financial Security and Funding Your Dreams Smart Couples Finish Rich: 9 Steps to Creating a Rich Future for You and Your Partner Start Late, Finish Rich: A No-Fail Plan for Achieving Financial Freedom at Any Age Go Green, Live Rich: 50 Simple Ways to Save the Earth and Get Rich Trying