Start by marking “Magick's Cucumber” as Want to Read:
Magick's Cucumber

Magick's Cucumber (Love is Always Write)

Dear Author,
His lover always loved to experiment in the kitchen, but that latest recipe must have gone wrong, or why else would it have turned him into a baby? And now, on top of it all, his mother is calling and demanding to speak to him.

This story was written as a part of the M/M Romance Group's "Love is Always Write" event. Group members were asked to write a story prom
Published May 13th 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Magick's Cucumber, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magick's Cucumber

Heather C
No, no you're not shitting me, you're shitting yourself. That's just great. I've never changed a diaper in my life and the first one I have to change is my twenty-six-year-old-boyfriend. Just freaking great."
Sunne
Feb 04, 2013 Sunne rated it did not like it
Okay - the idea was cute - but not the authors idea so no star for this.

The writing itself was ....sorry, was so simple. I have a pet-peeve and this was so delivered in that story. It's the authors "easy way out". They want to tell something but try to be not repetitive. So they try to avoid wrting "He did" or "Name of the MC did" (did is of course just a placeholder for the actual verb).
So the author starts many sentences with a subordinate clause using the "ing-form".
E.g. "Rushing from...he r
Virginia
A really cute and funny bit of free fiction. Never read anything by this author before and will definitely be looking for other reads.
V
May 14, 2012 V rated it did not like it
I have no words ...
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
May 27, 2012 Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions rated it liked it
Recommended to Bubbles Hunty by: Heather C
Shelves: free, m-m, no-sex
Cute and happy story but a little too short for me to feel like I got to know the characters or anything. Still an enjoyable free story.
MLE
Aug 28, 2012 MLE rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm
Cute, but needed a little expanding for it to feel like a short story to me.
Sandra
[image error]

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group, Love Is Always Write: Volume Six.
Wendy Ann
This story left me with a huge smile on my face! It was so much fun to read and a great take on the picture prompt! Some of the lines dealing with baby humor were wonderfully funny. When the big reveal came at the end of the story as to what actually happened to Jared? Priceless! I thoroughly enjoyed this story - thank you so much! :)
Joan
Aug 25, 2012 Joan rated it it was ok
Cute, but somehow unsatisfying. The continual use of expletives (however mild) in the early dialogue was jarring and unnecessary. I was also a little .. concerned about the way the baby was handled! The idea was a clever concept, but there was little emotion or deep concern/love expressed in the earlier part. The ending was amusing though.
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Aug 09, 2014 Jo * Smut-Dickted * rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, liaw-mm-group
This had funny dialogue. A guy turning himself into a baby? And his lover has to figure out what to do? Sign me up. This isn't age play or anything - it's just a cute little short story about what can go wrong when you are somewhat of an impish magic user!
LutaWolf
This was so much fun! I couldn't stop laughing!
GlamLawyer
Oct 07, 2014 GlamLawyer rated it liked it
Easy, funny read
Katy Beth Mckee
Aug 30, 2014 Katy Beth Mckee rated it really liked it
Short but funny story of what can go wrong when you aren't careful with your magic.
Harper Kingsley
3,5*
Holly
Jun 19, 2012 Holly rated it liked it
Cute, funny and short.

And so is this review. Well, it's short anyway. :)
Nov 01, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
Huh?
Nova
2.5 - 3 stars.

Cute and funny. :)
Denise
Jun 10, 2012 Denise rated it really liked it
Magick's Cucumber by H. A. Caine was delightful and humorous. It could have been a bit longer but that's just me. I really enjoyed it.
Kallie
Sep 24, 2013 Kallie rated it liked it
Found it rather funny.
Melanie~~
May 27, 2012 Melanie~~ rated it really liked it
Sooo cute and funny!
Cindi
Cute and funny. I just wish it could have been a tad longer.
Usagi Tsukino
It was so funny and cute. I was laughing so hard, I just couldn't stop- and nearly couldn't breathe from laughing too much! XD
Lily

I think this would have worked better for me had it been longer. I just wasn't "grabbed" by it although it's not really a bad story either.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
  • To Keep a Smile
  • The Vampire and the Bear
  • Heartstrings
  • Disciplinary Action
I want to write stories that people enjoy, that stick in their minds and (hopefully) put a smile on their face. I grew up writing and have no intentions of stopping now. When I’m not writing, I’m usually sitting in a corner on my e-reader. Or baking; who doesn’t like sweets?
More about H.A. Caine...

Love is Always Write (1 - 10 of 147 books)
  • Into Deep Waters
  • For Those Who Wait
  • Disciplinary Action
  • Soulmates
  • With This Ring
  • Predators
  • Roses in the Devil's Garden (Fallen Rose, #1)
  • Time Enough