Start by marking “Stunner (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #0.75)” as Want to Read:
Stunner  (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #0.75)

Stunner (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress 0.75)

A prequel short story from the urban fantasy Alexa O'Brien Huntress series. A brief look at Arys and Alexa's first meeting.

Reckless and young, Alexa O’Brien has finally met her match. A werewolf with unusual power, Alexa has a talent for finding trouble. This time trouble is a vampire who will change her life forever.

Short Story: 8000 words
Plus Chapter One from Huntress Bo
Published March 4th 2012 by Dark Mountain Books

To ask other readers questions about Stunner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stunner

Bud
Feb 10, 2015 Bud rated it liked it
A Nice Intro to the Series

I thought that this Prequel to the Alexa O'Brien Series was okay. I enjoyed it but I wish it delved slightly more into the story, not a lot more but just a little bit more. I have the first book on my Kindle as well and I should be starting it soon. I think this Series is going to be really sexy, romantic, and pure fun. That being said I cannot wait to see the ride this Series takes me on.
chucklesthescot
Alexa manages to get herself into trouble trying to kill Octavia and is saved by the mysterious and dangerous Arys. Now she has him to worry about and when her rejection of Raoul leaves him furious enough to hurt her, Alexa has problems.

Again I liked the character of Alexa and the rough time that she has had makes her a sympathetic character. I'm not normally interested in paranormal books where romance seems to be a major plot....but something about Alexa's story intrigues me and I plan to go a
Thenia
A turning point in Alexa's life, when her recklessness results in the first meeting with a very powerful vampire who seems intrigued by her.
Ashden Collige
May 27, 2012 Ashden Collige rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
had potential but should have been longer
Hbeebti
Oct 02, 2013 Hbeebti rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebies
This was really good and got me intrigued about the rest of the series.
Carrie
Jan 02, 2017 Carrie rated it really liked it
Shelves: calibre-library, 2016
This was a very short and quick read, set in and introducing us to the world of Alexa O'Brien. She's clearly a gifted girl - she's a werewolf who can manipulate energy like the vampires of this world. Her emotions are all over the place, being drawn to the alpha of her pack but knowing it's not right, fighting with a vampire but feeling a bit like a scaredy cat. All of these things end up bubbling up while she decompresses back at the pack house.

The story did it's job - I'll check out the serie
sheri perez
Oct 19, 2016 sheri perez rated it really liked it
Stunner

I really enjoyed this book. Alexa has a way about her that you don't see very often in heroine. She is very down to earth for a werewolf ha ha
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

Short Story: 8000 words
Plus Chapter One from Huntress Book One: Once Bitten

My Thoughts:

This is a short novella with two prequel stories for the Alexa O'Brien Huntress serie
Kristilyn
Oct 16, 2012 Kristilyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since the first novella prequel to the Alexa O’Brien series was so short, I just had to start reading the second one as well to get a better taste of the world the series takes place in and a better understanding of the characters. I was very happy to keep on going because this book was full of werewolves, vampires, and more glimpses into Alexa and her past.

We get more of Raoul, too, who plays that almost skeevy, creepy vampire character. He’s creepy, but very much drawn to Alexa (who seems to k
Kim Chappell
Jul 06, 2012 Kim Chappell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
IbNancy
Mar 06, 2015 IbNancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read these to short stories after reading the first 4 books in the Alexa O'Brien series. I have to say I liked it much better than a couple of the books.
The one story explains her relationship with the Alpha wolf that saved her after her attack and changing her into a werewolf at 16, which then of course turned into love for her and another notch in his belt for him.
In the second book she is able to move out of the Alpha's house and keep away from him physically ..... although it doesn't menti
Katie Rodante
This read a bit like a typical urban fantasy. There are vampires and werewolves, a mysterious and dangerous vampire who seems to be potential love interest, and a werewolf who thinks he's a big bad wolf.

Men with ego problems, it sounds like. Arys, the dangerous vampire, meets Alexa (our MC werewolf) when she's out one night trying to take out some vampires. She makes a mistake and ends up caught with no easy way to escape, that is until Arys comes into the scene.

In the second chapter, Alexa is a
Dora-lee
Feb 07, 2013 Dora-lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoyed this book I finished and was SCRAMBLING to the store for MORE MORE MORE lol. How exciting the twists and turns the struggle for which way to go was an incredible popcorn popping eyes watering while crossing to NOT MISS a thing . So much for sleeping though I did crash when I finished to DREAM about sexy wolves and stunning vampires ohhhhhh how could you do this to a poor defenceless woman .
May I say how much I happened to GROWL when ever Raoul's name came up (was like the good ole
Sadie Forsythe
Oct 26, 2012 Sadie Forsythe rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-lendable
I'd have to say that this is better that Huntress but not as good as Once Bitten (the only books in the series I've read so far). I actually think the writing is better than in either of the other two, but being only a short story of two people (er...a werewolf and a vampire) meeting, it leaves quite a bit to the imagination. It was fun to see Alexa and Arys meet. He drops quite a few more hints that it may not be all coincidence than in the book. All in all it was a fun little addition to the s ...more
Adrian
Aug 13, 2012 Adrian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this short story after reading the first book of the series.
Alexa was born with natural ability to manipulate energy. In her teens, she and her family were attacked by a werewolf. Her family was killed and she was left to die. She lived and became a werewolf due to the attack. Raoul, the local pack leader, took Alexa in. He is quite a few years older than Alexa. This short story didn't make me like Raoul any more than I did in Once Bitten, book 1 of the series.
We also got to read about A
The BookWhisperer
Aug 16, 2012 The BookWhisperer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
Stunner is a much anticipated thrill ride. This short prequel shed some light into this debuting series. Jeaniene Frost has always been my comparison to strong female heroine leads, but her novels are much more than that when you include the romance and protective nature of hunky men. Stunner has previewed that series strongly follows those same characteristics, and I couldn't be more excited. Stunner is a very short prequel, but it gives enough attention to grasp the reader’s attention and dema ...more
Kipi
Jul 05, 2013 Kipi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013, e-books
If the rapey parts were not there or if they were, at least, aknowledged as rapey, I might really like this book. This is a collection of short stories I got for free on Amazon, and I think I'll check the first "real book" out too! The "mandatory sex scene" left me rolling my eyes a bit though, but I guess in UF books its kind of a given...
2,5 stars, because its a bit better than the 2 star books I've rated, but not nearly as good as some of the 3 star books.
Monica
Mar 21, 2013 Monica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Alexa, huntress of wayward supernaturals, is adapting to life as a werewolf with extra supernatural powers. In these two short stories, we learn some of her history and how her environment is set.

A somewhat darkly and mysterious narrative guides the reader through these tales and interactions between characters. Characters are authentic, for the reality, detailed, and develop as the tales progress.

Overall, an interesting read.
T.
May 27, 2014 T. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My copy of Stunner, also included another (very) short story. While the writing was comparable to the first book of this series, Once Bitten, I didn't find either of these stories added anything much to the plot line. All of this was explained in Book 1, and going back for the fill-in didn't add anything to my appreciation of the series. Stunner was free on Amazon, so no loss- but not a biggie if you skip it, either.
Meigan
Nice introduction to the characters, the different supernatural creatures, and the world they share. We get a small glimpse of how some of the characters interact with one another and you can sort of see who will become allies and who will become enemies. Arys is an interesting one, he seems to have some attraction to Alexa and I am interested enough to move on to the first book in the series just to see how that plays out.
Crystal Simpson
this short story didn't really give you any new information from the start of the other stories. if anything it just feels like the first couple of chapters that didn't make the cut from the series and for good reason they were not crucial to the story and were boring. I am glad that I didn't read this before the series because I was second guessing alexa's strong independance through this short story. I am glad the series portrays her as a bit more fiery and less broken than this short story.
Jenny Miller
This was an incredibly short snippet prequel, and I don't recall it mentioning anyone named Arys. I think this must be a newer version? Anyway - sounds like it could be interesting but this didn't give me much to go on at all, and the other 'prequel' isn't available for download so I have no idea what else I've missed.
Leslie
This prequel to the Alexa O'Brien series is basically a bundle of short stories giving tidbits of Alexa's life. It gives us an intro into her relationships/lack thereof with the different males in her life. It doesn't really give you anything spectacular. You don't really need to read this book to understand the main series. It's like an appetizer to the main course.
MsBDiamondDiva1
I think that I will start reading the next story in this series as soon as I can download it :-) I really want to know how Alex is going to get over her heartache and move on with her life. I do love the intro of Arys, I do think he will bring on the drama and everything is so much better with drama :-) Well at least with books it is :-)
Nereid
Mar 24, 2013 Nereid rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
Short and sweet these two stories offer a prelude to the first book in this series. Having read "Once Bitten" first I can appreciate this book as it gives me more of an insight into Alexa and what motivates her, enticing you in to read the next chapter. I would definitely recommend reading this first before you start the series.
Marizabeth
Jun 06, 2012 Marizabeth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
A secondary prequel short. Also entertaining, again the beginning and ending are vague without a sense of completion or a mechanism to ease you into the story.

Again, an amusing short.

This title, as well as "Huntress" and "Once Bitten" were all free titles available via the Kindle.
Missyb
Sep 27, 2012 Missyb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it's a very short story, more like a scene or two. There's a little more to it then book #.05 Huntress, but not much more. It does show a little more about her job, and issues with Roul. Arys is an interesting character.
Jan 18, 2013 Sarah rated it it was ok
In order to better enjoy the first book in the series, Once Bitten, this prequel needs to be read. The writing style is clunky, like in the first book, however I'm hopeful that this improves as the author continues telling the stories of the characters introduced in this prequel.
Annelise
Jan 07, 2014 Annelise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read.. It gives a little bit more of a background on Alexa and the men in her life..
Zoe
Sep 14, 2012 Zoe rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Ms. Lee 's characters and the world she has created for them. This reads as a short intro into how the main character come to meet. I want to read more and more!
  • Foreplay (Succubus Diaries, #0.5)
  • Sunrise at Sunset
  • Enslaved in Shadows (Shadow Unit, #1)
  • Tranquility (Otherkin, #2)
  • Before The Moon Rises (Ritter Werewolves, #1)
  • Bound to Night (Sisters of the Moon, #1)
  • Werewolf Love Story (Entwined, #1)
  • Reapers (The Druid Series, #1)
  • Vampire's Eve (Vamp Life #1)
  • Dancing
  • Cameron's Law (Adelheid, #1)
  • Unafraid (The Forbidden Bond, #0.5)
  • Bound in Darkness (Bound, #2)
  • The Taste of Magic
  • Surrounded by Death (Woods Family, #0.5)
  • The Seventh Sister (Parched, #2)
  • Kindred (Kindred, #1)
  • Prophecy of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warriors, #1)
I am the author of the Alexa O’Brien Huntress and the Rebel Heart series. I write urban fantasy that is dark and gritty with a twist of romance and horror but which is ultimately about people in dark places discovering who they are and what they’re made of.

I’ve been writing since the age of 9 when I had a Christmas themed short story published in the local town paper. A lover of rock music, vampir
More about Trina M. Lee...

Alexa O'Brien, Huntress (10 books)
  • Once Bitten (Alexa O’Brien, Huntress, #1)
  • The Wicked Kiss (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #2)
  • Only Vampires Cry Blood (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #3)
  • Blonde & Blue (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #4)
  • Death Wish (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #5)
  • Darker (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #6)
  • Freak Show (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #7)
  • September Moon (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #8)
  • Forget About Midnight (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress #9)
  • Crazy Bitch (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #10)