Stunner  (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #0.75)

Stunner (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress 0.75)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  637 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Two prequel short stories from the urban fantasy Alexa O'Brien Huntress series.

HUNTRESS:

A brief look at Alexa O'Brien before meeting the one man who would change her life forever. A werewolf with an unusual power, Alexa discovers that love may just be her greatest enemy yet.

STUNNER:

Published March 4th 2012 by Dark Mountain Books

Hbeebti
This was really good and got me intrigued about the rest of the series.
Ashden Collige
had potential but should have been longer
Kate
This read a bit like a typical urban fantasy. There are vampires and werewolves, a mysterious and dangerous vampire who seems to be potential love interest, and a werewolf who thinks he's a big bad wolf.

Men with ego problems, it sounds like. Arys, the dangerous vampire, meets Alexa (our MC werewolf) when she's out one night trying to take out some vampires. She makes a mistake and ends up caught with no easy way to escape, that is until Arys comes into the scene.

In the second chapter, Alexa is a...more
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

A prequel short story from the urban fantasy Alexa O'Brien Huntress series. A brief look at Arys and Alexa's first meeting.

Reckless and young, Alexa O’Brien has finally met her match. A werewolf with unusual power, Alexa has a talent for finding trouble. This time trouble is a vampire who will change her life forever.

Short Story: 8000 words
Plus Chapter One from Huntress Book One: Once Bitten

My Thoughts:

This is a short novella with two prequel stories for the Alexa O'Brien Huntress serie...more
Kim Chappell
Dora-lee
I so enjoyed this book I finished and was SCRAMBLING to the store for MORE MORE MORE lol. How exciting the twists and turns the struggle for which way to go was an incredible popcorn popping eyes watering while crossing to NOT MISS a thing . So much for sleeping though I did crash when I finished to DREAM about sexy wolves and stunning vampires ohhhhhh how could you do this to a poor defenceless woman .
May I say how much I happened to GROWL when ever Raoul's name came up (was like the good ole...more
T.
My copy of Stunner, also included another (very) short story. While the writing was comparable to the first book of this series, Once Bitten, I didn't find either of these stories added anything much to the plot line. All of this was explained in Book 1, and going back for the fill-in didn't add anything to my appreciation of the series. Stunner was free on Amazon, so no loss- but not a biggie if you skip it, either.
Jenny Miller
This was an incredibly short snippet prequel, and I don't recall it mentioning anyone named Arys. I think this must be a newer version? Anyway - sounds like it could be interesting but this didn't give me much to go on at all, and the other 'prequel' isn't available for download so I have no idea what else I've missed.
Sadie Forsythe
I'd have to say that this is better that Huntress but not as good as Once Bitten (the only books in the series I've read so far). I actually think the writing is better than in either of the other two, but being only a short story of two people (er...a werewolf and a vampire) meeting, it leaves quite a bit to the imagination. It was fun to see Alexa and Arys meet. He drops quite a few more hints that it may not be all coincidence than in the book. All in all it was a fun little addition to the s...more
Adrian
I read this short story after reading the first book of the series.
Alexa was born with natural ability to manipulate energy. In her teens, she and her family were attacked by a werewolf. Her family was killed and she was left to die. She lived and became a werewolf due to the attack. Raoul, the local pack leader, took Alexa in. He is quite a few years older than Alexa. This short story didn't make me like Raoul any more than I did in Once Bitten, book 1 of the series.
We also got to read about A...more
The BookWhisperer
Stunner is a much anticipated thrill ride. This short prequel shed some light into this debuting series. Jeaniene Frost has always been my comparison to strong female heroine leads, but her novels are much more than that when you include the romance and protective nature of hunky men. Stunner has previewed that series strongly follows those same characteristics, and I couldn't be more excited. Stunner is a very short prequel, but it gives enough attention to grasp the reader’s attention and dema...more
Angela
May 02, 2014 Angela marked it as 1-click
2 May 2014: $0.00 FREE on Kindle (contains the 2 prequel shorts)
Crystal Simpson
this short story didn't really give you any new information from the start of the other stories. if anything it just feels like the first couple of chapters that didn't make the cut from the series and for good reason they were not crucial to the story and were boring. I am glad that I didn't read this before the series because I was second guessing alexa's strong independance through this short story. I am glad the series portrays her as a bit more fiery and less broken than this short story.
Kipi
If the rapey parts were not there or if they were, at least, aknowledged as rapey, I might really like this book. This is a collection of short stories I got for free on Amazon, and I think I'll check the first "real book" out too! The "mandatory sex scene" left me rolling my eyes a bit though, but I guess in UF books its kind of a given...
2,5 stars, because its a bit better than the 2 star books I've rated, but not nearly as good as some of the 3 star books.
Meigan
Nice introduction to the characters, the different supernatural creatures, and the world they share. We get a small glimpse of how some of the characters interact with one another and you can sort of see who will become allies and who will become enemies. Arys is an interesting one, he seems to have some attraction to Alexa and I am interested enough to move on to the first book in the series just to see how that plays out.
Monica
Alexa, huntress of wayward supernaturals, is adapting to life as a werewolf with extra supernatural powers. In these two short stories, we learn some of her history and how her environment is set.

A somewhat darkly and mysterious narrative guides the reader through these tales and interactions between characters. Characters are authentic, for the reality, detailed, and develop as the tales progress.

Overall, an interesting read.
Leslie
This prequel to the Alexa O'Brien series is basically a bundle of short stories giving tidbits of Alexa's life. It gives us an intro into her relationships/lack thereof with the different males in her life. It doesn't really give you anything spectacular. You don't really need to read this book to understand the main series. It's like an appetizer to the main course.
MsBDiamondDiva1
I think that I will start reading the next story in this series as soon as I can download it :-) I really want to know how Alex is going to get over her heartache and move on with her life. I do love the intro of Arys, I do think he will bring on the drama and everything is so much better with drama :-) Well at least with books it is :-)
Nereid
Short and sweet these two stories offer a prelude to the first book in this series. Having read "Once Bitten" first I can appreciate this book as it gives me more of an insight into Alexa and what motivates her, enticing you in to read the next chapter. I would definitely recommend reading this first before you start the series.
Annelise
This was a great read.. It gives a little bit more of a background on Alexa and the men in her life..
Marizabeth
A secondary prequel short. Also entertaining, again the beginning and ending are vague without a sense of completion or a mechanism to ease you into the story.

Again, an amusing short.

This title, as well as "Huntress" and "Once Bitten" were all free titles available via the Kindle.
In order to better enjoy the first book in the series, Once Bitten, this prequel needs to be read. The writing style is clunky, like in the first book, however I'm hopeful that this improves as the author continues telling the stories of the characters introduced in this prequel.
Missyb
it's a very short story, more like a scene or two. There's a little more to it then book #.05 Huntress, but not much more. It does show a little more about her job, and issues with Roul. Arys is an interesting character.
Zoe
I absolutely love Ms. Lee 's characters and the world she has created for them. This reads as a short intro into how the main character come to meet. I want to read more and more!
Ronda
Well!!! I thought the prequel to this one was very interesting... this short has just made this series the next on my to read list... I really can't wait to get stuck into the first book!
Zafia
This was the 2nd and last prequel before b1. A SS as well, but I enjoyed it. I like Arys a lot. Still dislike Raoul, what an ass. I can't wait too see what happens next.
Johanna Schonberger
Downloaded this short story for free along with book one of this series. This is an excellent start to the series! I cant wait to start book one!
Jenn
Arys is better in small doses like this, at least to me. Keeping him mysterious longer would have served the first book better, IMO
Sandy
I love this story where Alexa meets Arys. It will be interesting to find out what becomes of their relationship.
Amanda P
Im liking this series, already. I've read the two prequals now, i'm onto the the first book.
  • Werewolf Love Story (Entwined, #1)
  • Kindred (Kindred, #1)
  • Sunrise at Sunset (Sunset Vampire, #1)
  • Surrounded by Death (Woods Family, #0.5)
  • Bound to Night (Sisters of the Moon, #1)
  • Witch Way Bends (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #1)
  • Vampire's Eve (Vamp Life, #1)
  • Tranquility (Otherkin, #2)
  • Zane's Tale (Succubus Diaries, #2.5)
  • Before The Moon Rises (Ritter Werewolves, #1)
  • Going Berserk (Berserker Mate's, #1.5)
  • Unafraid (The Forbidden Bond, #0.5)
  • Prophecy of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warriors, #1)
  • Shadow Love: Stalkers (Shadow Vampires, #1)
  • Wolf House - Potter's Story (Kiera Hudson Series One #4.5)
  • The Druid Series 1: Reapers
  • Bloodstorm (Heart of a Vampire, #1)
  • Dragon Call (Lunes & Lords #1)
Trina M. Lee writes paranormal fiction that is dark, gritty and violent with a twist of romance, eroticism and horror. She has been immersed in the thrilling world of vampires and werewolves since childhood. She has dabbled in erotic romance as well.

Trina lives in Alberta, Canada with her fiancé, daughter and three cats. She loves to hear from readers via email or Twitter.
More about Trina M. Lee...
Once Bitten (Alexa O’Brien, Huntress, #1) The Wicked Kiss (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #2) Only Vampires Cry Blood (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #3) Blonde & Blue (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #4) Death Wish (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #5)