Long Road Home (Sons of Chance, #7)

Long Road Home (Sons of Chance #7)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  234 ratings  ·  25 reviews
What does it take to become a cowboy?
Wyatt Locke believes in second chances. Sure, meeting his half brother last year was a complete disaster—but blood is blood, right? Now Wyatt is returning to the Last Chance Ranch to try to make peace with a family he hardly knows….

Then he comes across beautician Olivia Sedgewick stranded on the side of the road.

As it turns out, most of...more
ebook, Harlequin Blaze #687, 224 pages
Published June 1st 2012 by Harlequin Blaze

Kame

I will say this is one of my favorites in the Sons of Chance Series.

Wyatt Locke grew up in San Francisco - he is an adventure guide, definitely not a cowboy. What brings Wyatt to the Last Chance ranch is the desire to get to know his half-brother, Jack. The previous summer Wyatt came to meet Jack and the reception he received was decidedly cool, last time he came without an invitation, and here he is a year later doing it again. Wyatt and his twin brother practically raised themselves; he hopes...more
Demelza
This was a quick, light read. It stayed at 2 stars for me because it was more simplistic than I would have liked. Wyatt and Olivia hit if off immediately and then engage in sexual banter the whole rest of the book - when they're not busy getting it on, that is. While I don't mind a quick hook-up in a book, this one didn't sizzle enough for me because....I guess the circumstances weren't very exciting.
I was also disappointed in how little airtime the sibling discord got (between Jack Chance and W...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Wyatt Locke over a year learned the truth about him and his twin brother Rafe have half brother named Jack Chance. Wyatt reaches out to Jack but is rebuffed by him and anything to do with Diana their mother. Wyatt seeking to have better relationship with his brother heads to The Last Chance Ranch as surprise. Nothing is going the way Wyatt hoped Jack isn't home. The only bright spot Wyatt finds is Olivia Sedgewick. Olivia is stuck in a ditch prior to reaching The Last Chance Ranch for beauty nig...more
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Not my favorite Chance story. Was going to be my last but my Audible HP Blaze subscription has different ideas. This latest batch just is not as good as the original series IMHO.

Nice cover, though.
Pattianne
Jan 21, 2014 Pattianne marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
LONG ROAD HOME - SONS OF CHANCE SERIES #7 - (Wyatt and Olivia)

Wyatt Locke believes in second chances. Sure, meeting his half brother last year was a complete disaster�but blood is blood, right? Now Wyatt is returning to the Last Chance Ranch to try to make peace with a family he hardly knows….

Tonya Warner
Wyatt Locke has returned to the Last Chance Ranch. Unannounced, and uncertain how his half brother will take this unexpected visit, Wyatt finds himself playing cowboy and waiting for Jack's homecoming. Finding Olivia Sedgewick stranded along the road to the ranch, he sweeps her in to his arms, and she ends up all the way in to his heart.

Olivia finds herself attracted to the very, very sexy Wyatt. Having already ended three engagements, she is not sure she can risk herself, or her eccentric fath...more
Barb
As it turns out, most of the Chance clan is away for the weekend, and Olivia proves to be a very delicious and sexy distraction. But as his brother's return draws closer, Wyatt has to de...more
Joy Strother
I love this book.It was sexy and romantic.I love Vicki Lewis Thompson.She is a wonderful writer.I love reading about the Chance family.
Eileen

Wyatt is Jack's half-brother and wants to get to know him. Out of the blue he shows up to the ranch to meet him. That opened the door a year ago and now he's back. Lucky for him he saves Olivia Sedgewick on his way back to the ranch. He proves he can be the white knight and the right guy for her.
Love the sweet ending when Rodney tracks her down with Jack's help. The guys have a lot to work out but I'm sure they will with time.
Good little story.
Michelle
Quick fun read in the Sons of Chance series. I’m a little behind but that didn’t hold me back from enjoying the story. I enjoyed the connection between Wyatt and Olivia. The sparks from their first meeting were intense. The conflict between Wyatt and Jake pulled the story but Olivia and Wyatt closed it off very well. Great introduction to the next in the series, it will be fun to continue with the next book!
Tofu Fairy
love love loved this one. am really enjoying the extended family tree here and seeing that its going to continue for at least another two books! This has been a fun and heartwarming series with laughter and crying and just a warmth that harkens back to my own childhood memories in the mountains of WV. I can't wait to read the next in the series for sure. highly recommend!
Mem
B687 Jun12. LONG ROAD HOME - SONS OF CHANCE SERIES #7 - (Wyatt and Olivia)
Trisha
I usually love her books, but I have to say I was disappointed in this one. The usual steamy scenes were lacking here... and that was the primary reason I chose to read the book. IMHO, not quite up to the level of her earlier books (like the Nerd series- LOVED those!!).
Deb

This book was the perfect blend of romance and family from start to finish. Wyatt and Jack's reconciliation at the end was believable and relatable. Wyatt and Olivia were the perfect hero and heroines. I loved it.
Donna
New story set on the Last Chance Ranch. Good fast read. Well rounded characters with good motivations. The motivations were strong and believable and made a reader fall in love with both the hero and heroine.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Sons of Chance
Category: Passion
Audio Sample
Stacy Papineau
Way too quick, to the point of WTF. Liked the other books in the series way better, on the bright side, super quick read so it wasn't a waste of time.
Lori Howe
I have enjoyed the trips back to Jackson Hole, WY, and this one was particularly gratifying. It hit all the right spots for me.
Laurie
Wyatt is a welcome addition to the Chance family and I love Olivia's character. Watching Jack's evolution was so great.
Louise Walsh
Really enjoyed this book.It's a good read. Would reccommend it to my fellow readers.
Mzpastrychef
I love this series.. this was a great book.
Peggy
sweet, but not much plot, and a little slow.
Toni
Love the Last Chance.
Swapna Patil
Swapna Patil marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Laurla
Laurla marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Jonikka Sisco
Jonikka Sisco marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
  • The Braddock Boys: Colton (Braddock Boys, #4) (Love At First Bite, #7)
  • The Guy Most Likely To...: Underneath It All\Can't Get You Out of My Head\A Moment Like This
  • Her Man Advantage (Double Overtime, #2)
  • The Wild Card
  • Watch Me (Stepping Up Trilogy, #1)
  • Breaking the Rules (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #14)
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Harlequin Blaze, #493) (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Christmas Male (Uniformly Hot!, #12)
  • Ripped!
  • Born on the 4th of July (Includes: Men Out of Uniform, #6.5) (Harlequin Blaze, #549)
  • Once Upon a Valentine: All Tangled Up\Sleeping with a Beauty\Catch Me
  • Make Your Move (Harlequin Blaze, #542)
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • Face-Off
  • Touch and Go
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Vicki Lewis Thompson believes love makes the world go around and laughter makes the trip worth taking. The recipient of RWA’s Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award and the author of more than ninety books, Vicki pioneered a new kind of romance hero with Nerd in Shining Armor. Following the success of her nerd stories, Vicki launched a boisterous paranormal...more
More about Vicki Lewis Thompson...
Nerd in Shining Armor (Nerds, #1) A Werewolf in Manhattan (Wild About You, #1) The Nerd Who Loved Me (Nerds, #2) Nerd Gone Wild (Nerds, #3) Blonde with a Wand (Babes on Brooms, #1)