Start by marking “Already Home (Sons of Chance #6.2)” as Want to Read:
Already Home (Sons of Chance #6.2)

Already Home (Sons of Chance #6.2)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  798 ratings  ·  73 reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Vicki Lewis Thompson, a Sons of Chance series novella!

Daredevil videographer Langford "Hutch" Hutchinson has put his career on hold to help his widowed father run their family store in Wyoming. He doesn't mean to stay in town for long--though it's long enough to rekindle his lust for Trina Bledstone. Hutch always had a thing for Trina
Published May 1st 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Already Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Already Home

Ann Mullen
A good, short story.
After reading the reviews on this short story, I had to read it because of all the complaints about it being rushed, etc. Of course it was rushed, it's a short story! Already Home was a good read. Short and sweet---A tale about two people (Hutch and Trina) who have been hot for each other for some time, and when they get a chance to reunite, the sparks fly. The characters are likable and I couldn't wait to see how it was going to end. I wasn't disappointed. It was well-writt
Helena
This is a really cute and fun read. It's fairly short, I was actually able to complete it in under an hour, but I still enjoyed it immensely. I loved the feel of the small town and the cute, homey names of the stores such as the Likity Split and the Spirits & Spurs. It reminded me quite a bit of my teenage years that I spent in a small town.

I loved the addition of a teenage crush coming to fruition later in life. I had a similar conversation as a young adult with my teenage crush and althoug
Holly
Said it was 48 pages, but 12-13 of those are an except another of VLT's Last Chance series. If the story had been 12-13 pages longer it may have been a good short story. As it stands, the resolution felt forced and the characters came across as a bit silly and immature. It wasn't a bad story, but it wasn't real good, either.
Carrie
This is an enjoyable short story, more escapist that believable. It ends rather abruptly and I guess we have to read the rest of the series to find out if the HFN becomes a HEA.
SheLove2Read
48 pages guaranteed to make your eyes roll back in your head. I know VLT is an accomplished author but this is laughably horrible.
Cynthia
I thought this was a cute read and at time funny. It is a nice way to get a taste of the author’s style of writing which I thought was good. The story does end on a happy note but there is no closure so you do not know if things work out or not. With that said I would be interested in reading the rest of this author book of Trina and Hutches story. The author could go in a lot of ways. It has a wonderful plot I just need more to go on. I am giving this a 3.5 since it has no closure and rounding ...more
Angela
Dec 17, 2014 Angela marked it as 1-click  ·  review of another edition
2 June 2014: $0.00 FREE on Kindle
Pattianne
Jan 21, 2014 Pattianne marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
ALREADY HOME - SONS OF CHANCE SERIES #6.2 - (Hutch and Trina)

Daredevil videographer Langford "Hutch" Hutchinson has put his career on hold to help his widowed father run their family store in Wyoming. He doesn't mean to stay in town for long—though it's long enough to rekindle his lust for Trina Bledstone. Hutch always had a thing for Trina, but she's his best friend's sister—and that meant hands off!

But Trina still has the power to set his pulse racing—and her brother isn't around to stop them
Melissa
Hutch's POV from the start was a good read. You initially get a feel for what type of person he is, home to help his father. Then his thoughts on Trina are introduced right off the bat.
Trina also had an enjoyable POV. Her attraction to Hutch was the typical little sister crush from childhood into adulthood. Figures her brother never told his best friend. Always the protective brothers in these types if books.
Because this was a novella I was nervous that the storyline wouldn't be good but it wa
Lyn
A nice quick read. The short story seemed rushed in places, but the entire story had a fast pace to it. To me, this is to be expected with novellas and short stories.
I love the way the author provided a HEA with opting for an engagement or marriage, both of which would have been completely out of place in the story and for the characters
LaFleurBleue
Shorter than I thought, only 30-35 pages, which was a disappointment
The story was realistic enough; I liked the dialogues between Hutch and Trina. I also liked the very open ending, as in such a short time-frame and short story I am not sure something else would have been believable. However this can definitely disappoint some readers expecting more comfort.
I was not so disturbed as other readers by the teenage-like behavior of the main couple, which to my opinion can be attributed to their comi
Peni
Jun 09, 2014 Peni rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 14+ and mature
Throughly enjoyed this short story. It was so good infact I believe I will need to get a hold of the rest of the series. Vicki Lewis Thompson is a new authr for me and I hope this story leads to a long satisfying relationship :).

I definitly recommend this story for 14+ due sexual content.
Sophia
I was eager to read this story as part of the series. It could be read as a stand alone though regular characters are mentioned. Unfortunately, once it got past the introduction it felt rushed and the relationship forced along too quickly.

Trina and Hutch grew up together and had secret teen crushes for each other, but now years later meeting up again unexpectedly they wish to pursue this. They sneak around and get a big surprise the morning after which forces them to decide to cool their affair
Nicole
This is an extremely short story that is only about thirty pages long. This is about two characters who come home to Wyoming for very different reasons. The characters talk and find out they each had a crush on each other when they were teenagers, but neither acted on it. The male lead keeps remembering her in a bikini when she was 15. The two decide that they are adults and can follow through with their crush, because her brother isn't around now. Instead of acting like two grown adults, they s ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Langford "Hutch" Hutchinson, a videographer, currently home helping his father run the feed store. Hutch didn't expect Trina Bledsoe to breeze back into town. Trina has always wanted Hutch and him being her brother's best friend made that a no no. Hutch and Trina take a chance only run into unexpected problem their parents. Can Hutch and Trina work things out? Your answers await you in Already Home.
Gretchen
Fast, enjoyable read. I liked both of the characters. Neither Trina nor Hutch are broken, running from something, or in need of saving. On the contrary, they are grounded adults who understand themselves and what they want out of life. Living out a fantasy from their teenage years doesn't change them, the goals they've set for themselves, or the passion they have for their careers. I found that remarkably refreshing. The ending, therefore, seemed realistic and hopeful. It tied up nicely, but rem ...more
Lyndi
[Kindle Freebie from Amazon]

Not the most satisfying of endings, but a nice little read regardless. It feels like the beginning of a story, not the whole thing. Read it anyway, it's cute.
Char (1RadReader59)
This was really a very funny believable or should I say hopeful type of reunion of two old friends. Really it was the younger sister by two yrs. All grown up with a career & home a visit & runs into heart heart throb her brothers friend who is also back home for awhile to help out his dad. Just when things start to get comical, romantic, uncomfortable between there parents & soul search,boom the story ends. 30 or so pages really & that's it? It really leaves you hanging with so m ...more
Michelle
I realize that having short stories available and free is a great way to introduce new readers to a series but I felt that this story was just too short. At only 40 pages I don't think I got a good feel for how the remainder of the series would pan out. It didn't leave me wanting more from the story. Ms. Thompson was able to cram a lot of story in such a short period and I have previously enjoyed her paranormal romances. Because of that I may pick up the other books in this series, but if I was ...more
Diane
enjoyed, need to start at the beginning to find out all about other characters.
Tiffany
I thought that when I turned the page that there would be more but it just ended. I didn't think that the plot was well thought out and it needed more even though it was a short story. The two main characters definitely didn't act their age and acted on a crush that they have had for years. I understand that the Trina's brother doesn't like her with his he's friend but still...anyway, not a good read and I just thought that it was very childish.
Babs
A quick read and hot love this series.
JenniferJ
A cute reunion of old friends who had the hots for each other when they were kids but both had went their own ways and are now back in town for different reasons. They never knew one had a crush on the other and this sparked a hot night of mad sex but sadly it may have to end because their parents have other plans! The hot guy on the cover prompted me to give it one more star not because it was that bad a story just way to short.
Lynn Smith
Short story, interesting but didn't care for the ending to much. Hopefully there is another book that finishes the story.
Shellie
Vicki gets straight to the point with this one. Hutch and Trina have wanted each other for years, but never got together because her older brother Nash would be furious. Well, now they're older and have both taken a coincidental short break from their careers to return to Wyoming. Big brother's not around and they don't waste time getting to know each other much better.
Kaci
This was a good book but insanely short. It was 5 chapters. Plus I believe the characters moved way too fast. They meet up again go out for drink and then spend the night together after a long time. Yes they each other through childhood but just a little catching up would have been nice. Also it seemed like their problems were too easily solved. Good book though. :)
Poonam
This is the first book of Vicki Lewis Thompson I have read.Was excited to read it since it is a part of the series ' Son of Chance'. But Found that it was a very short but good story. I love the characters. Not happy with the short ending.Would have preferred a happy ever after ending . Anyways , hoping to get more of her books to read. :)
Bmquiram
Good story. I would have preferred a little different ending. I can always tell when I really enjoy a book because when characters make bad decisions I tend to get irritated. When I am not involved in the book, I don’t really care what happens to the characters.
Kathleen

I should have looked at how long this book was before I downloaded it. I have enjoyed many of her books before but this 5 chapter 'novella' left much to be desired. The story had a lot of potential but was too short and not fleshed out enough.
  • Wyatt: Return of the Cowboy
  • One Lucky Cowboy (Lucky, #2)
  • Triple Threat
  • The Love Of A Cowboy (Callister, #1)
  • Once A Cowboy (The Cowboys, #3)
  • The Life She Left Behind (The Santina Crown 0.5)
  • A Valentine from Harlequin: Six Degrees of Romance
  • Relentless (Aspen, #1)
  • Paper Hearts
  • Lakota Surrender
  • The Mighty Quinns: Ian (The Mighty Quinns, #10)
  • Warrior's Bride (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1080)
  • Until The Dawn (Nemesis, #1)
  • Renegade Passion (Zodius, #2.5)
  • Free Fall (My Immortals #4.5)
  • The Braddock Boys: Colton (Braddock Boys, #4) (Love At First Bite, #7)
  • Taken by the Cowboy
  • Sheikh with Benefits
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Vicki Lewis Thompson believes love makes the world go around and laughter makes the trip worth taking. The recipient of RWA’s Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award and the author of more than ninety books, Vicki pioneered a new kind of romance hero with Nerd in Shining Armor. Following the success of her nerd stories, Vicki launched a boisterous paranormal ...more
More about Vicki Lewis Thompson...

Sons of Chance (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Wanted! (Sons of Chance, #1)
  • Ambushed! (Sons of Chance, #2)
  • Claimed! (Sons of Chance, #3)
  • Should've Been a Cowboy (Sons of Chance, #4)
  • Cowboy Up (Sons of Chance, #5)
  • Cowboys Like Us
  • Cowboys Like Us / Notorious (Sons of Chance, #6)
  • Long Road Home (Sons of Chance, #7)
  • Lead Me Home (Sons of Chance, #8)
  • Feels Like Home (Sons of Chance, #9)
Nerd in Shining Armor (Nerds, #1) A Werewolf in Manhattan (Wild About You, #1) The Nerd Who Loved Me (Nerds, #2) Nerd Gone Wild (Nerds, #3) Blonde with a Wand (Babes on Brooms, #1)