Start by marking “Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)” as Want to Read:
Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  121,110 Ratings  ·  13,293 Reviews
It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies brok
Audible Audio, Unabridged, 284 pages
Published August 28th 2012 by Brilliance Audio (first published May 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Angelfall, please sign up.

Karin Michael This was supposed to be a 5 book series, but for some reason Susan Ee changed it to a Trilogy (unfortunately). Indeed, the book was amazing. *sigh*…moreThis was supposed to be a 5 book series, but for some reason Susan Ee changed it to a Trilogy (unfortunately). Indeed, the book was amazing. *sigh* Raffe.
Here is the order of books in the Trilogy now:
1)Angelfall (duh)
2)World after
3)End of Days

p,s: you can find what books are in a series/trilogy by clicking the link beside the title of the book. ex: (Penryn & the end of days #1) If there is none then that book is not in a series or trilogy (:(less)
Maria (thepagesofink) It is super good! I'm sure you'll love it. It's also really faced paced and quick to read, it's not that big of a book. READ IT :)

Steph Sinclair

This is my favorite book of 2011! This review may contain extreme amounts of gushing!

I...I...I...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

-----

The above was my immediate reaction after finishing this book. There simply were no words to describe how much I loved it, how it horrified me, shocked me, tore at my heart again and again. Brilliant.

2011 turned out to be a great year for Angel books for me. I know that might seem strange when you think of the more popular horrible ones **cough* Hush, Hush*cough*Halo*cough*Fallen*cough**. But t
Emily May

Oh my goodness, I think this book might have just ruined the entire urban fantasy - and possibly dystopian too - genre for me. Because, where can I go from here? Does it ever get better than this? Please be warned right now that this review is going to be nothing less than gushing. I loved everything about this book, so much so that I may need to keep writing in italics.

I can't believe I nearly didn't read this book. I've looked at the other rave reviews for it so many times and I kept coming
Wendy Darling
In the beginning, it starts with a single feather drifting slowly down from the sky. When 17-year-old Penryn sees this simple sight, she is filled with incredible dread, because this lovely, floating, ephemeral thing is an unlikely sign of terrible things to come.

Six weeks after a devastating attack on earth, the world has been torn apart by a war between angels and humans. Caught up in a battle she doesn't understand, Penryn watches in horror as an angel named Raffe is cornered and brutally st
Cait
Warning, warning: this review has a lot of expletives because this book makes me so damn happy. I also get a bit of an attitude when a book makes me overjoyed, so be forewarned. I'm a little sassy.

This book just makes me feel so incredibly happy inside that I just can't help expressing myself. When I finished this book I basically did this:

Yes, I fainted from sheer happiness and then got up and danced. Ya got a problem with that?

I think that you all know that one book that you always wish fo
Lola  Reviewer
HELL TO THE YES.

When I was a little younger, I used to be obsessed with angels. I used to wish to become one, the day of my death, (how morbid) and often absurdly made the said wish when blowing candles, on my birthdays.

Therefore, everyone in my vicinity would see carry an angel story around. I was smitten with them. This peculiar obsession lasted for years and so my pile of angel books read became real impressive. Kissed by an Angel, Hush, Hush, Unearthly, Fallen, Daughter of Smoke & Bone,
Marie Lu
Aug 19, 2012 Marie Lu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book rocked my socks. Penryn. Raffe. The dialogue. Awesome.
Navessa

This main character...

This world...

This story...

I’ve read this twice three times now, and I don’t know how to do it justice in a review.
Kat Kennedy
The morning beckons and when I turn over, the book I finished in the midnight hours is beside me. The fantasy world is slipping away, unable to follow me into the light. Reality creeps in with the rising dawn, but I'm reluctant to meet it. I want that world, those characters, that emotion back - but it's over. Time to find a new one in a new book and so the hunt is on but the sadness at leaving a good friend remains.

Ee has done something amazing here and not just because she's written probably o
Keertana
Susan Ee, I salute you.

Please do mankind a favor and send a copy of your book to every author who has ever written a book about angels - maybe they'll finally understand that they're not going about it right. You are.

This is how you write a book about angels.
This is how you write a post-apocalyptic book.
This is how you write a kick-ass heroine.
This is how you write a gut-wrenching romance.
This is how you write a torn family.
This is how every book deserves to be written.

Angel
Etnik
4.5 freaking stars!

Mountain View

It was a great story.I haven't read much angel books before and this one was quite good.Also the characters fit with the story quite right.There were some funny moments which I really enjoyed.

The story:

The book is about a girl named Penryn who lives in a world taken by angels.She has a sick mother and a younger sister on a wheelchair.While they try to escape , her sister gets caught by an angel , and he takes her away.Now Penryn is desperate to find someone who can help her
karen

three stars for the first half of this book, and a million for the last 3/4.

i know. i am the outlier. i am the one percent. come on and occupy me.

i have read all your reviews of this book - you, collectively, the YA goddesses of goodreads.com, and they have made me salivate for this book. and the second half or so, basically everything after the "tree" scene, was really great.

but for me, it was a slow start.and i was nail-biting the first bits, thinking to myself - "i am going to get flayed for
Tatiana
Dec 20, 2011 Tatiana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those seeking a new UF adventure
Recommended to Tatiana by: Emily May
As seen on The Readventurer

Well, I guess I got schooled again. Clearly I can't hold on to this particular reading prejudice against self-published books any more, because here it is, a self-pub that is not equal in quality to similar books released by major publishers, but, in fact, better than probably 75% of those books. Angelfall is a competently-written and competently-edited novel.

If you are a fan of UF and post-apocalyptic adventure stories like Blood Red Road and Under the Never Sky, ther
shady
A review of this is now posted on my blog as well. Feel free to check it out!

_______

AAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHH!!!!!!

THIS. BOOK. IS. INCREDIBLE.

OH MY GOD.

I'm, like, shaking from the utter epicness and badassery that is this gem of a book. I mean, HOLY CRAP. A PERSON CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH AWESOMENESS. THIS IS OVERKILL.

I'M SHAKING. LITERALLY. THE BOOK IS THAT GOOD.

OH. MY. GOD.

Okay. Whew.

I need to lie down. ._.

Several minutes/hours/whatevers later...

Woo. Okay. *deep breath* So. Most of you people are probab
˗ˏˋmaggieˎˊ˗
❝I never thought about it before, but I'm proud to be human. We're ever so flawed. We're frail, confused, violent, and we struggle with so many issues. But all in all, I'm proud to be a Daughter of Man.❞

Angelfall, another Paranormal novel I decided to give a shot at. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it. Being honest, I wasn't expecting it to have such bloody and violent scenes. I mean, knowing it's paranormal, of course I expected angels and demons but not like this! I was surprised by how blood
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

HOLY CRAP, BATMAN! :O

➦An apocalypse - check! ✔
➦A human heroine who can kick some serious ass - check ✔
➦A brooding hot as fuck alien angel - check ✔
➦A kidnapped little girl in need of saving - check ✔
Forbidden love - check ✔

Ok, so... angels are wrecking havoc on Earth and nobody fucking knows WHY.

In fact I don't think the angels themselves know WHY.

And then it dawns on me - they all are just hawt for some human pussy. Yep. At least that's my conclusion so far, because as of yet a lot of details
Stacia (the 2010 club)
*buddy re-read 11/11/13 and it was just as good the second time around!*

11/14/12 Soon to be a major motion picture!

I think I can safely recommend this book to anyone who likes any of these genres or categories :

Sci-Fi (post-apocalyptic world in ruin)
Paranormal (angels and demons)
Romance (okay, so there wasn't actually one yet, but there is the hint of something forbidden to come)
Survival & Adventure stories
Horror, Gore and Macabre twists
YA books that DON'T read like a YA (no angst, no teen
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*

If you haven't read these books run to Netgalley. They have the first two up for grabs. 3-2-15

I can not believe this book hasn't received more press. It is flipping amazing. One of the few books that I've read that creates a whole new approach to the end of the world scenario. Angel driven apocalypse- Who woulda thunk it?
Angel books have never impressed me until I started this series.
You have a strong female MC.
A male MC that you well..you want to hump him. No shame.
Supporting characters that
Angela
May 01, 2015 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: badass-females
Where other books like this have lacked *cough* Hush Hush *cough* Angefall prevailed. I knew this book was going to be good, but I kept putting it off until the series was complete and now that it is I can finally dive in. And oh did I dive, I read this whole book in one sitting.I loved what Susan did with this book. Angelfall is one of the best balanced books I’ve ever read. No one thing outweighs the other. The action, the romance, characters, and the underlying story all are evenly balanced. ...more
Robin (Bridge Four)
27Jan17 Amazon Kindle Daily Deal $0.99 here. I've read this book 3 times and loved it. Books 2 (totally awesome) and 3 (okay ending) are also $0.99 today.

So excited to read this AGAIN on April 13, 2015!!!

Buddy Reading with SO Many people oOSarahOo, Cathryn, Danae, Ashley, Angela, Tanya, Catherine, Sarah, Navessa, Brigid, Shandra, Ya, Andrea, Mindy, Maria, Annette, Kristen, Lea, Sara, Athena (Shardbearer), Brandi, Nicholas, Carole, Michelle, Tandie, Jenny, Liz, Arie, Allison, Amanda, Jessica, Je
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
A Badass Hidden Gem...

The. Perfect. Escape!

A dark, gritty, gory, post-apocalyptic world is so beautifully represented by the author in Angelfall. Beautiful you say? Yes, beautiful! When you read a book, and in your head you can see the world as vivid as if you were looking outside your window, that is beautiful. I wanted to take the world building in this book and yell to some of the YA authors out there and say, “See, this is how you do it”. Nevertheles
Ariana

Dear publishers,
Why do you publish so many bad books (I won't even bother to mention them, you know there are plenty), while wonderful stories like this one have to be self-published for us to be able to enjoy them?
All I have to say is that this book puts some of you at shame.
I wonder if this book would have been better if edited, or if it would have been turned into a boring commercial story as many others out there.

I usually don't pick up many angel-books to read, as I find then not quite ori
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Epic BR with the BBB gang starting April 13, 2015.

Warning: this is not going to go well.

DNF at 36% (a whopping 104 pages)

→ → This is it. No more YA for me. I've had it ← ←

►► Fear not for this won't take very long. Life's too short and I'm tired of trying to find a YA book I might miraculously like when I could be reading great books.

►► YES everyone else in the known universe seems to love this book. NO I didn't like it. And I didn't even hate it. It was just a whole big huge "why the hell am I w
Val ⚓️ Shameless & Bitchy Skanky ⚓️ Steamy Reads Mrs. Danvers-Tate-Snow
I'm hemming and hawing to myself in regards to how I want to rate this thing.

On one hand, it was super entertaining and I really liked the main character, Penryn. I also really liked this new take on the whole dystopian/apocalyptic craze - angels taking over the world? Nice.

On the other hand, however, I felt like the world building could have been, well, better. I never really felt like I had a true feel for the state of the world and how the Angels figured into all of that.

Also, I typically pr
Helen 2.0
Jun 07, 2016 Helen 2.0 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of true dystopias
5 snowy white-winged stars!

Big reasons why I loved Angelfall:
Penryn is a real teenager. She grieves her loss of hygiene, she misses her throws, she gets into catfights with other girls, she sucks at seduction, she does what needs to be done to stay safe with her family (morality be damned). Penryn's character was realistic, relatable, and well-built. There was not a single point in the book where I was frustrated with her or confused about her motivations.

The mystery. Susan Ee thought up a whole
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
“I am not afraid of you, your kind, or your god.”
I actually really enjoyed this more than I expected to. I'm not a fan at all of books that have to do with Angels and/or Demons. In fact, the only other book I read that had to do with Angels was Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor and contrary to popular opinion, I didn't like it too much. Therefore, I was a bit wary about reading another book that involved Angels. But I had high hopes that Angelfall would change my opinion and I'm g
Catie
Well, I’ve just gone through the first page of reviews and they’re all four and five stars. So…I will probably be alone out here in the three-star universe for a while. To all of the future members of the Angelfall three-star club (What? There’s only four of you? Well good. Let’s hold hands and form a Quincunx*.) – welcome. Please come in and make yourselves comfortable. I know that all of your friends and loved ones are outside, having a party and generally loving life because Angelfall has mad ...more
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

We have declared war on any being that dares to think they can wipe us out without a fight. No matter how celestial, no matter how powerful they are, this is our home and we will fight to keep it.

So when I started reading Angelfall by Susan Ee, I wasn't sure if the book was for me. But the reviews were and are amazing so I thought I would read it, I mean what are the chances of me not liking it? So I started reading it...

I was immediately thrown into a post apocalyptic world, Penryn, her mothe
Nataliya
Hmmmm. This book is like a ninja, sneaking up on you in its purposefully donned disguise, innocently masquerading as one of those selling-like-hotcakes teen paranormal postapocalyptic romances.

But once it's safely past your defences, once you are honestly ready to relentlessly mock it for being no different than the multitudes of other useless tomes, it drops the unremarkable disguise and finally reveals that yes, it indeed has a real heart.
Just look at the description for this book. Ugh. It s
Maureen
Jan 09, 2014 Maureen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I feel like I've heard a lot of mixed things about this book, but it really enjoyed it!
I loved all the characters and getting to know them and seeing them grow!
It was a *bit* sacrilege, though, which was my main qualm since I'm a Christian, but beyond that I don't have much to complain about!
Not THE BEST BOOK EVER but definitely an enjoyable read.
Simona Bartolotta
"I’m not quite ready to throw away centuries of scientific progress to start thinking like a medieval peasant.
I wonder if, a generation from now, people will assume everything in this building is run by magic. I clench my teeth at the thought. This is what the angels have reduced us to."

This is a simple yet striking thought that tells a lot about the character's personality and way of thinking. And it may seem just a small, unimportant thing, but, you see, in fact when it's a first-person narrat
Slow built romances 6 84 Jan 05, 2017 05:31PM
Around the Year i...: Angelfall, by Susan Ee 3 20 Dec 27, 2016 07:58AM
Addicted to YA: Angelfall 43 607 Nov 07, 2016 05:48AM
Addicted to YA: Penryn (Penryn & the End of Days 6 143 Sep 08, 2016 12:40AM
Forgotten Reads: July: Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee 5 20 Aug 01, 2016 07:15AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee - Restarting June 4th 2016 471 382 Jun 13, 2016 06:26AM
  • Haze (The Rephaim, #2)
  • Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror, #3)
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Cracked (Soul Eaters, #1)
  • Outcast
  • Fireflies
  • Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2)
  • Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)
  • The Collector (Dante Walker, #1)
  • Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4)
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #1)
  • Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)
Susan Ee is a USA Today bestselling author of the Penryn & the End of Days trilogy, ANGELFALL, WORLD AFTER, and END OF DAYS. Her books have been translated into over twenty languages, and her short films have played at major festivals. She used to be a lawyer but loves being a writer because it allows her imagination to bust out and go feral.

Sign up to hear about her next book at www.susanee.c
More about Susan Ee...

Penryn & the End of Days (3 books)
  • World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)

“I never kid about my warrior demigod status."
"Oh. My. God." I lower my voice, having forgotten to whisper. "You are nothing but a bird with an attitude. Okay, so you have a few muscles, I’ll grant you that. But you know, a bird is nothing but a barely evolved lizard. That’s what you are.”
1371 likes
“My friends call me Wrath,” says Raffe. “My enemies call me Please Have Mercy. What’s your name, soldier boy?” 1309 likes