Start by marking “Beauty Is a Beast (Zombie Fairy Tales #5)” as Want to Read:
Beauty Is a Beast  (Zombie Fairy Tales #5)

Beauty Is a Beast (Zombie Fairy Tales #5)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  12 reviews
After a peasant father sells his only daughter to a noble estate, she is thrown into a secret chamber of the castle as dinner for their undead son. But when the Beast refuses to touch her, the two form an unusual alliance that soon blossoms into something more.
Published May 13th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Beauty Is a Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty Is a Beast

Flora Bateman
I received a free copy of this book for review.

This is a new twist on a tale as old as time, Beauty and the Beast. Beauty Is a Beast is the 5th installment in the Zombie Fairytale series and I think its one of my favorites so far. Beauty is sold as food for the Beast but she soon realizes that he isn't completely the beast everyone believes him to be. She tries to help them both escape and things don't go quite as planned. But things turn out happily, or as happy as a zombie can manage.

As with t
Alycia
Beauty is a Beast is a classic fairy tale with a creepy zombie twist. It follows Belle as she is sold to the “Woman in Black” to cover her father’s various debts. The servants bath and prepare Belle to meet the “Master”. What Belle doesn’t know is that the “Master” is in a cell deep in the basement of the castle…..or that the “Master” is a zombie. Once taken down to meet the “Master”, the servants discover that the “Master” will not eat Belle and instead he seems to be very fond of her. Once Bel ...more
Tina Rae
Jan 04, 2013 Tina Rae rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: zombie fans
Shelves: favorites
Ever since childhood, Beauty and the Beast has been one of my absolute favorite stories. (Mostly because I LOOOOVE the characters.) That being said, that's probably why this has been my favorite of the series thus far. It was imaginative and fun and, most of all, a REALLY good take on an already awesome story.

But mostly I loved how the Beast was portrayed in this story as well as his relationship with Belle. And that ending. I wasn't expecting any happy endings from any of these stories but, to
Kayleigh Dolly D'Andilly
Have you ever read a book were the descriptions are so vivid and beautiful that you want to reach out to the roses and smell them? Well that's what this book will make you do! B.I.A.B fits into the world that has been created with Z.F.T in a different way to the other books. It didn't have as much gore as Blood Red instead this one had a very dark and had a intense atmosphere throughout. Belle and Beast's connection was so sweet, who knew you could have a zombie love story! And the last line of ...more
zapkode.marie
{my thoughts} - This book didn't change my mind about how much I am falling in love with this series. It is well written, it shows that relationships can still be built, that love can still exist even though there is no hope for what is left of civilization. I thoroughly enjoy the graphic detail that is written. It pulls me right into the story as if I am there actually committing the act or merely observing it from a distance.

{reason for reading} - I was given a copy of this book by the author
Shina Chitwood
Jul 27, 2013 Shina Chitwood rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: adults and teens who like gore
Shelves: zombies
They say father's no best, but do they? Maurice Belle's father sales her to pay off his debts, little does he know that no money will be exchanged only blood. Belle is taken in handcuffs (more or less) to be made up like a porcelain doll for the Beast. Once again the Beast feel in love with Belle after not "eating her" like he does most of the girls he is given. Belle saves him and herself, then the Beast saves Belle, proving zombie's do have feelings and they do love.
Melissa

This gives a new meaning to fairy tales. I loved the twist to this classic. i have always loved Beauty and the Beast, and this telling is terrific. You really see Beast's humanity when it comes Belle. The sacrifice he makes and the determination he has to save Belle is touchy. Its meant to be a little scary, but I didn't see it that way.
Rachel
I love this series, this story was a little messy with inconsistencies in some places, which detracted from the story a little, but I still love this series of gory fairy tales. This story had elements of Isaac Marion's Warm Bodies within it. I eagerly await the next instalment.
Donald Armfield
Upon traveling to the castle doors. Beauty gets handed over to servants. She meets the beast. And kicks some servant ass to survive.

A happy Zombie ending for the beastly love couple. Outta the five Zombie tales so far this takes the number 3 spot IMO.
Crystal Withem
I think this story is my favorite of the series so far. I just loved everything about it. It wasn't super gory, but it came across with a great zombie feel to it. I can't wait to read more.
Karen
This installment was the best yet. I loved the romance and the fact that it was not centered, solely, on the zombie theme. Another great addition.
Conny
Best so far ...
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Lisa Marie  Valdovinos
Lisa Marie Valdovinos marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Angala
Angala is currently reading it
Sep 28, 2014
Beth
Beth added it
Sep 28, 2014
Cassie Hawkings
Cassie Hawkings marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Bailey
Bailey marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Kevin Richey lives and writes in Portland, Oregon. He is the author of Zombie Fairy Tales, a series of short stories set in a dark fairy tale universe plagued by zombies, and the Unloved Ones series, about seven vampire siblings who have one year to reduce their family to a single member, by whatever means necessary.

He kindly welcomes readers to become a GoodReads friend or fan. Feel free to comme
More about Kevin Richey...
Zombie Cinderella (Zombie Fairy Tales #1) Hansel and Gretel Are Dead (Zombie Fairy Tales #2) The Zombie Pinocchio (Zombie Fairy Tales #3) Zombie Cinderella II: The Ball (Zombie Fairy Tales #6) Blood Red Riding Hood (Zombie Fairy Tales #4)