Sonata Vampirica

Sonata Vampirica

4.85 of 5 stars 4.85  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Sonata Vampirica traces the final days in a vampiric liaison - from desire to perdition. A narrative in verse, each chapter alternates perspective between the fiend and his victim, and marks a return to the essential horror at the heart of vampire lore.

Evoking equal parts Anne Rice, Dante Alighieri, Stephen King, and Gerard Manley Hopkins, the narrative finds in the allure...more
Published May 5th 2012 by Windrift Books

To ask other readers questions about Sonata Vampirica, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sonata Vampirica

Natasha Head
They have been idolized, romanticized, glorified and movie-ized for as long as I can remember. Why then, have vampires, not been truly poetized? Sonata Vampirica (The Semaphore Collection) brings us the poetic mind of the vampire. With lines such as "Though you have pierced me, cut me, flayed me/ Let my blood flow/ red to earth, you have not destroyed me. No. and "the cadence of my pain. Denied the sweet/ release of death... we suddenly see the vampire humanized.
Through a fantastic voice, we jou...more
J.J. Brown
The poem story "Sonata Vampirica" is dangerously hot, like molten rock. The cover does the poems justice, with tatoo as a symbol of art through pain. The story of the Sonata is a passionate look at love, pain and longing alternating between the predator and prey in the love relationship. Not for reading in the daylight, this is a journey in the dark areas of the heart, searching for light. A quick, exciting read, highly recommended.
Victoria Slotto
Sam Peralta has a way with words. I'm not normally a reader of vampire-related work, but the way in which he has organized this book of poetry highlights the metaphoric value of the genre. As a poet, words are his servants. Stunning.
Björn Rudberg
To build upon the myth of Vampire, the dangers and the lust. To do that in the form of sonnets with a language with on foot in the classic and one in the updated myths of today's vampire of particularly Anne Rice. Loved the read, and I will return to this for inspiration many times.
Ching-In
Ching-In marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Chrinda Jones
Chrinda Jones marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2013
Peter Tieryas
Peter Tieryas marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2013
Maree Lan
Maree Lan marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2013
Maya
Maya marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2013
Susie
Susie marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2013
Elizabeth Canady
Elizabeth Canady marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2012
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2012
Zeo
Zeo marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2012
Zarifa
Zarifa marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2012
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2012
Adeline Jenkins
Adeline Jenkins marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2012
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2012
Samuel Peralta has won awards for his poetry worldwide, including a Palanca Award for his collection "Pacific", from the BBC, the UK Poetry Society, and shortlists with the League of Canadian Poets and for the Arc Poem of the Year.

He has four books of poetry available - http://amzn.to/samuelperalta - "Sonata Vampirica", "Sonnets from the Labtador", "How More Beautiful You Are", and "Tango Desolado...more
More about Samuel Peralta...
Sonnets from the Labrador How More Beautiful You Are Tango Desolado Sonnets from the Labrador War and Ablution (The Semaphore Collection)