Start by marking “Ransom (Redemption, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ransom (Redemption, #2)

Ransom (Redemption #2)

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  710 ratings  ·  70 reviews
Vengeance is the path of the Damned. It is not a path taken lightly. For a Naphil, it could mean ransoming his soul.
~Bezaliel~

Dayton Blainey is caught between two worlds: Heaven and Hell. Bound to a Demon she's beginning to care about, she is thrown into an adventure she may not survive.

But she will try.

Separated from her friends, she is forced to use powers she just disc
Published March 8th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ransom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ransom

UnEnchanted by Chanda HahnFairest by Chanda HahnFable by Chanda HahnRedemption by R.K. RyalsRansom by R.K. Ryals
UtopYA Con 2014
5th out of 223 books — 75 voters
The Law of Attraction by N.M.  SilberCaptive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsBreaking Glass by Lisa AmowitzOn the Island by Tracey Garvis-GravesThe Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley
Books you wish more people knew about - Part II
138th out of 2,042 books — 2,262 voters

More lists with this book...

Mikila Marshall
As Marcas and Dayton continue the dangerous adventure. Will they come out of it alive?
First of all I would just love to say, Congrats to R.K. Ryals on her second amazing book in the Redemption Series. It was the perfect follow-on to the first book. It was so awesomely written and to change it just wouldn't be right. As they say You can't improve on perfection :)
Argh! I cannot believe I got to wait a month or two for the last instalment in the series :( But, if it is anything like Redemption and
Ellen
Ransom picks up where the first book in the series, Redemption leaves off. Dayton Blainey, is bound by blood to Marcas Craig, and they are now in search of the one thing that may unbind them, Solomon's ring. As they embark upon this quest, the danger that they face is unimaginable. The battle between good versus evil intensifies, as does the threat to Dayton and Marcas, as well as their feelings for each other.

We get to see many of the same characters we were introduced to and came to love in t
Elise Marion
I read and gave book one in the series 5 stars! Now I wish I could give this one six, because that's just how good it is.

This book picks up right where the last one left off...with Dayton and Marcas searching for a way to become unbound while fighitng the fires of attraction that threaten to turn their relationship into something else entirely.

What I loved about this book is that Dayton really comes into her own. At the end of the first book she learns to use her powers. In this book we get to r
Pyxi
Where do I start? First let me say that Ransom was every bit as good as Redemption and where Redemption hinted to the growing feelings between the bonded Naphil Dayton and Demon Marcus, Ransom revealed what we all knew to be true. *swoon*

Ransom starts right where we left off in Redemption, flying on the Carpet of Solomon in pursuit of the Ring of Solomon, a holy artifact that will release the blood bond between the two. With a deathly fear of heights, Dayton is just barely holding it together.
Melissa
I read this twice. I truly enjoyed the first book, Redemption, and all the characters and plot details, but Ransom is phenomenal.

One of my favorite things about the story is Dayton's relationship with Marcas, which has been stepped up a notch in this book. Ryals does a masterful job of forcing the two together in tension filled situations where little touches and looks lets the reader in on the bond between them before the characters even realize it. I wanted to squeal every time Dayton dug her
S.L. Wallace
Ransom is the second book in a series. You absolutely must read Redemption first because this book picks up right where that one left off without much explanation of what came before. I prefer that in sequels because I believe books that are part of a series should be read in order and not really need to explain themselves. However, readers who read the first book long ago or who've never read it at all may feel a bit lost at times.

Ryals continues to strengthen and develop her characters through
Kami
This book was gifted to me by the author. Thank You!

The book begins with Marcas and Dayton on a flying carpet going on a quest to retrieve a magic ring so as to break their bond. Dayton is afraid of heights and is swearing and complaining for the entire trip. Marcus' ex, the angel Sophia shows up and Dayton gets a bit jealous. "It was like staring at a perfect piece of china, so beautiful, so flawless, that the only thing I wanted to do with it was throw it agaisnt a wall and watch it shatter."
Jodie
Ohmigoodness. I didn’t want to stop and write the review of Redemption (the first book) I just wanted to keep reading. When I finally got to start this book, I read it in one sitting. I went without food and sleep. I just needed to know if getting unbound really was the answer. If you haven’t read REDEMPTION – the first in the series, what are you waiting for?! Stop reading this review and go do it!!

‘I wanted to hate him. I even needed to hate him. And I hated even more that I couldn’t hate him.
 Lady Krishna
What an amazing journey! Beautifully written! It was so perfect to me! I will write a more detailed review soon!

This review is originally posted on my blog
Journey with Books

Updated Review:

Ransom started in where Redemption ended. It's really good! You know, I said before that Redemption is good then you must definitely read Ransom because it's even better! Everything has been upgraded! The romance, the action scenes, the interactions of the characters are just so fascinating.

I've decided to mak
Heather andrews
In this book we see Dayton grow, she's more sure of herself and knows what she wants, and that temper of hers is nothing to be messed with, "Screw your pet peeves! I could care less what you don't like Let's talk about what I don't like, shall we. I don't like any of this Craig not a damn bit of it! This whole thing is wrong. I left my friends battling demons sent to kill me, only to find a ring that will do nothing more than unbind the two of us and possibly kill me..." And never consider Dayto ...more
Michelle Bolanger
Book 2 in the Redemption Series by R.K. Ryals is absolutely amazing. Just like the first one, I devoured it in just a couple hours.

Dayton and Marcas have moved past the fact that they have been forced together and are beginning to acknowledge that their unnatural bond is not the only thing keeping them together. As Dayton realizes and understands more and more of her own power, she becomes the true heroine of the story. And Marcas becomes more and more determined to protect her at any cost.

My on
Marsha
"Ransom" is a pivotal book in the Redemption series. This time Dayton and Marcas must face off not only with the demons but the angels as well. Marcas will come to face with someone from his past. Much to Dayton's surprise she is jealous.

As Dayton and Marcas go in search of Solomon's ring, they are confronted by Marcas' mother, Lilith. Yes, she is Lilith as in the first wife of Adam. She is an evil bitchmonster from the black lagoon and is desperate kill Dayton and put Marcas in a position of po
James Scouller
Another great book in the Redemption series. It was well-written and just as entertaining as the first book. I loved getting to see more of Dayton's character and watch her come into her powers as a Nephilim. It was also cool to see more of Marcas' character and finally confirm that there is a good guy hiding behind the unreadable face and red eyes. All of this book was focused on Dayton and Marcas trying to locate the ring of Solomon to hopefully undo the blood bond connecting them to each othe ...more
Lisa
I started this book directly after finishing book two as the plot kept me interested and wanting more. I continued to admire Dayton and her strength of character. While she was a weaker individual compared to some of those around here (angels, demons, witches, etc.) she did not constantly require saving and become a burden to those around her. This was a nice take on a heroine whose whole life changes and who needs to come into her own. We get to see more of Marcas' character and the good in him ...more
Lizzy
SO SO SO SO SO GOOD!!

This book had everything a person like me needs. Excellent romance and buildup, character development, MORE ROMANCE, and a good plot :) Can't wait to pick up the next book!!

I was on the fence regarding Marcas for a lot of the first book, but oooh MAAAAN this book just won me over completely. And the ending of this book was so absolutely perfect and it had me fighting tears. Dayton is absolutely amazing, she's so much like me. HAPPY SIGH.

Aaaaand the triangle? Hah. It ended. N
Fifi Shepherd
I think I enjoyed this one even more than the first one! I'm so glad I started this series!

"Not that I'm a feminist or anything, but the idea of obeying anyone, especially a man, makes me throw up a little in my mouth. Just sayin'."
Aaaand she's back. Unwilling heroine, Dayton Blainey's story has me enthralled. I love the way she curses and has a bad temper and has a blatant disregard for common sense at times. She's great. One of my favourite female leads (and you only have to see my shelf to k
Linda
This book picks up where book 1 left off with Day and Marcas searching for the ring to unbind them. Unfortunately, things don't go that smoothly and enter Marcas' ex-girlfriend Sophia and a friend of Day's father. Sophia is in charge of protecting the ring, and Luke was sent to teach Day how to be a Angel and protect herself. In addition, Day will meet Lilith, whose sole goal is to kill Day and get Marcas to come back to hell. Day will eventually learn to access her powers just in time to end up ...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
An ARC copy of Ransom was given to me to review for a blog tour hosted by ATOMR.

I will say this again I am in LOVE with this series! I love me some heaven and hell wars. These are the best wars to be fought because you have to put your trust and faith in one or the other and I love how R.K. broke down the dynamics and created this world where you could totally see yourself living.

Ransom picks up right where Redemption ended.Dayton has discovered what she is. See being a Naphil which is a half hu
Anne (Angel Anne Reviews) Nelson
Heave and Hell combined = Absolte power!!!

~ I was not prepared to have her involved in the ensuing battle. My choices have brought her to this. I will not be forbidden entry in her life… ~ Bezaliel

I received Ransom as a gift from author R.K. Ryals herself to read for my enjoyment and give my unbiased opinioned review. Once again I loved the way the phenomenal mind of Regina as she wrote Ransom, book II of The Redemption series.

The incredible journey continues right where it left off in Redempti
S.L. Wallace
Redemption is the second book in a series. You absolutely must read Ransom first because this book picks up right where that one left off without much explanation of what came before. I prefer that in sequels because I believe books that are part of a series should be read in order and not really need to explain themselves. However, readers who read the first book long ago or who've never read it at all may feel a bit lost at times.

Ryals continues to strengthen and develop her characters through
Lynn Worton
Review 6******

I was given a copy of this book by the author in return for an honest review.

This is the second book in the Redemption series by R.K. Ryals and I absolutely LOVED it!

Dayton Blainey is a Naphil, half angel/half human. She has a bit of a potty mouth, but in this book her swearing is considerably curtailed. However, I love her character! She is definitely feisty and stubborn.

Marcus Craig is a demon who was bound to Dayton by his brother, Damon. He is a very dark character, but not evi
Nereid
Well this series is action packed, Dayton is on everybody's hit list as she and Marcas being bound has threatened the equilibrium and Heaven and Hell are worried. Of all the people that lied to her throughout her whole life, Marcas is the only one who is telling her the truth. Everyone has secrets even Conor and nothing is what it seems. Damon is crazy with the idea that redemption is at hand and all Dayton can do is try and stay alive long enough to break the bond. Marcas has an idea that the S ...more
Jodie & Bree - Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads

Nanette Bradford
this series continues to captivate me. It was even better than the first. Not Heaven or Hell can separate Dayton and Marcas. They've become so much closer the longer they are bonded to each other. Dayton has to face more than just her immediate fears in this book. she faces her fealings. Feelings she didn't think she would ever know. she cares for marcas and knows she shouldnt but can't help herself. He is the only one whos has been completely honest and truthful to her and he's a demon.
Marcas
Rachel Marks
Ransom is the second book in R.K. Ryals Redemption series. If you thought that Redemption was good, then you will be absolutely blown away by Ransom. Ransom picks up right where Redemption left off and you are quickly taken on another action packed thrill ride with Dayton and Marcas.

My absolute favorite part about this book is how you really start to see the relationship between Dayton and Marcas develop. Everything they do brings them closer together and you realize even before the characters t
Ysanne
Ok, after the stunning debut of Redemption, I knew Ransom was worth checking out. Ransom ended up being all over the place but I'll narrow it to my personal pros and cons of the book.

PROS:

Dayton:
Girl is a strong narrator, doesn't take bullshit. And although she flails and freaks out at time, it is natural and for a reason, not just for Marcas to save her. Given some of the protagonists in YA, this is refreshing. Ryals gives her a distinctive voice.

Lukas
Likable supporting character with a cons
Tina
Another absolutely amazing book by R.K. Ryals. I am so in love with this story and of course Marcas. *swoon I am continuously surprised where R.K. takes the story and how much my heart races while I am reading it. Ransom is the perfect continuation in The Redemption Series. It picks right up from where Redemption left off. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!

Dayton has really grown since book 1. She has become more confident, gained more control over her powers and finally begins to realize her feelings for th
B. McMichael
Dayton want to be unbound to the demon Marcus- or does she? At first her choice is easy. Marcus is a demon. But once the adventure gets going, Day doesn't know what she wants anymore. Would life truly be better without Marcus?

This book explores what is really evil and good and thus defines Marcus and to some extent Dayton as in-between. Dayton is generally good, but she has a terrible time trying to not swear. Marcus is inherently evil but has a soft spot for Dayton. Marcus' mother is evil to th
Alexis
Ransom picks up right were Redemption left off. It was great no backtracking so you should read them one right after the other just like how they are meant to be read. The relationship between the Angel/ Naphil Dayton and her Demon Marcas is explored more and we meet some new characters. I just seriously love these characters all of them, well most of them.
The ending has me wanting to pick up the next one but not as urgently as when I ended Redemption. Which is kind of strange since the end of t
Misti
I couldn't sleep last night and I was able to finish this one. Didn't like it as much as the first in the series. Lots of action. Oh and Lucifer and God show up. WHAT!?!?!? A lot of questions still unanswered. Enjoyed the ride.
  • Sacrifice (Gryphon, #3)
  • Tirade (Heven and Hell, #3)
  • Chosen (Daughters of the Sea #3)
  • Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4)
  • Salvation (Guardian Angel, #3)
  • Centaur Legacy (Touched, #2)
  • Kindled (The Kindred, #3)
  • Fire with Fire (Demonblood, #2)
  • Today Only
  • Veined (Guardian of the Angels, #1)
  • Madly and the Jackal (Madly, #3)
  • Indulge (Warm Delicacy, #2)
  • Evren: Enter the Dragonette
  • Phoenix Rising (Maggie Henning & The Realm #1)
  • Serenity (Afterlife,#2)
  • Crazy, Vampire Love
  • Immortal Grave (Dark Betrayal Trilogy, #3)
  • Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4)
**Currently FREE - Mark of the Mage (Fantasy) and Redemption (Paranormal Romance)**

R.K. Ryals is the author of emotional and gripping young adult and new adult paranormal romance, contemporary romance, and fantasy. With a strong passion for charity and literacy, she works as a full time writer encouraging people to "share the love of reading one book at a time." An avid animal lover and self-procl
More about R.K. Ryals...
Redemption (Redemption, #1) Retribution (Redemption, #3) Mark of the Mage (Scribes of Medeisia, #1) Tempest (Scribes of Medeisia, #2) The Acropolis (Acropolis, #1)