Start by marking “Snow Bite, Blood Red (Once upon A Man #1)” as Want to Read:
Snow Bite, Blood Red (Once upon A Man #1)

Snow Bite, Blood Red (Once upon A Man #1)

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A man-loving twist on a classic tale. The younger son of a powerful lord, Albion leads a comfortable but sheltered life in the castle with his father and half-brother, Rosarius. Everything changes for him one night when he is summoned to the palace of King Jasper, along with all the other eligible young men in the realm. Much to his brother's resentment , Albion is chosen ...more
Published June 30th 2012 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Snow Bite, Blood Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snow Bite, Blood Red

Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

I have only read one other story by Jade Astor, Darius, the first book of the Moon Lake Wolves series. I have to say that I found that book much better than this one. It was still a light and short novella, but with Snow Bite, Blood Red I was pretty disappointed and felt that it didn't even live up to that standard.

The blurb pretty much tells you everything about the story, and the one detail that is left out, the identity of the "forces of dark magic" is kno
Still completely unsure what the guy in the armour on the cover has to do with anything in the book. Which is very disappointing, since I read the book because of the cover.

And you don't need to tell me that age-old rhyme. I've since realised my mistake :(
Jun 09, 2012 Lipvixen marked it as to-read
After Caleb and Serge's story I wonder if it is smart to pre order this one. Darius' story was nice though so maybe her first books are always good?
Sui Lynn
I read this believing I would not care for it much. As a general rule I like this author's work but when it comes to well known fairy tales being rewritten, I cringe with distaste. I like my traditional stories left alone and not used or abused. So I rarely read them, knowing my opinion is generally skewed from the get go. I tend to find adaptations of traditional stories written with a heavy hand and the new story becomes a bad mimicry or mockery of the original.

I am much relieved to be able t
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
3 1/2 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Albion gets his first glimpse of the King, when he is taken to court after his coming of age. He can scarce believe the tales his brother tells him and is shocked to learn his brother wishes to ensnare the King. But, his brother’s plan backfires, when Albion is chosen instead. Jasper has fallen foul of a curse laid upon him because of his father’s actions, now forced to drink blood and living in darkness h
I totally agree with what the blurb says: A man-loving twist on a classic tale, because this is very true. Ms. Astor definitely put a creative and interesting spin on the much loved story, and made it into her own. I liked the author’s ability to draw me into the intricate world of these characters and I enjoyed the couple of hours of escape it gave me from my everyday life.

This book is hard for me to rate. I read it yesterday and still I’m unsure of exactly how I felt about it. Not to say the b
Beth is also on Leafmarks
Silly purple prose.

No heat. No character development and no drama. Yes, I know it's a re-telling of a beloved fairy tale but at no point did I care what happend.

Another reviewer/author recently remarked "what if I die reading this shit?" Well, thankfully this story was short enough I was able to finish it quickly.

I gave it two stars simply because I didn't notice any editing problems and the premise was good. To bad it didn't reach it's potential.
I thought it would be Snow White, Rose Red, but it's actually more...classic Snow White?

It's...inane. Stupid, in many ways. I can't quite say I find it endearing.

(view spoiler)
Scott  McQuiston
This re-interpretation of the classic fairy tale was an enjoyable enough read. It was interesting to see the elements of the original retold in this version.
Not sure what the hot knight on the cover had to do with anything...
This was a sweet romantic fairy tale about cursed King, need for blood and love. It was a fine light story, but to simply for my taste.
I seem to be enticed by Jade Astor's blurb all the time but it seems that I am always at the short of the stick at the end.

I am a sucker for fairy tales and this one fit the bill from start to finish.
Hoshimma Souky
Hoshimma Souky marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Serena marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2015
Neko added it
Oct 14, 2015
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Abygail marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
  • Deadly Secrets (Dark Kings of Eternity, #1)
  • Levity: A Gay Fairy Tale
  • An Elf for All Centuries
  • Vassily the Beautiful (The ESTO Universe, #1)
  • Priceless (The Gods, #1)
  • Forbidden Fruit
  • Unconventional Mate (Katzman, #5)
  • Rise: A Gay Fairy Tale
  • Stone Heart
  • Ink
  • Blind Blondie
  • Genie's Wish (Lifting the Veil, #2)
  • No Greater Love (Sons of Aphrodite, #1)
  • Out of the Ashes
  • One Last Kiss Goodbye
  • The Last Concubine
  • Servitude
  • Art of Death (Death #1)

Jade Astor is a longtime fan of both paranormal and
male-male love stories. She was delighted to find a thriving
community of like-minded writers and readers in the ebook
industry. Moon Lake Wolves is her first trilogy to be
published by Silver.

When she is not writing, Jade enjoys sculpting,
tinkering with computers, and training (and retraining) her
small herd of unruly but adorable rescued Chi
More about Jade Astor...

Once upon A Man (3 books)
  • Bachelor And The Beast (Once Upon a Man #2)
  • The Sleeping Prince (Once Upon a Man Book 3)