Infamous

Infamous

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Four years ago it was pure Hollywood - the windswept beach, the whirlwind romance, the runaway marriage. Unfortunately, the ride into the sunset didn't survive the publication of the bride's tell-all book two months after she said ''I do.''

Reclusive venture capitalist Morgan Riley isn't interested in fame. He prefers a quiet life in the suburbs. For his daughterOCOs sake,...more
Published June 4th 2012 by Adams Media

Tempted by Trouble by Susan ArdenSeal of Destiny by Traci DouglassLove, Eternally by Morgan O'NeillReturn to Me by Morgan O'NeillThe Wicked Bad by Karyn Gerrard
Crimson Romance Novels
9th out of 160 books — 112 voters
Consequences by Aleatha RomigTruth by Aleatha RomigBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireAfter Forever Ends by Melodie RamoneOn Dublin Street by Samantha Young
New Authors to Read
306th out of 2,367 books — 3,022 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather Rodney-Diaz
A hot and sensual read punctuated with Hollywood moments and flashing cameras, Infamous felt like you were watching a movie at times. Laid-back hero Morgan and the famous heroine Jessica are married but separated in the beginning. But like most couples, they still had to work hard on building their relationship past the bedroom. Even harder some might argue! Especially when a teen is thrown into the equation. Though it took them a while to figure things out, their happily ever after is definitel...more
Rachel Kall
I really loved this book. I read it in one day while traveling, and I am so glad I did so. I didn't know what to expect from Preston, but I wasn't disappointed. This was a very hot and spicy read which I enjoyed. It was also a great departure from the more serious romantic suspense I usually read. Preston had me HOOKED by the twist in the end of the first chapter. Let's just say I didn't see that coming--don't want to spoil the fun. Our heroine is a gossip writer and the hero is a buttoned up bu...more
Beth Yarnall
Loved it! What a great, fun contemporary romance with a bit of spice. You know a book's good when you stay up too late & sneak away to read it.
Méline
Glitz, Glamor and a Great Plot

I loved this book. From the moment I started reading, I couldn’t put it down. The characters are well-drawn, likeable and relatable and the premise is a fun, modern twist on the marriage-of-convenience theme.
Jessica is a Hollywood party girl whose antics routinely get her on the front page of the tabloids. Morgan is a venture capitalist who likes his staid, calm life in the burbs.
Four years ago they met, fell in love and got married. And then it all went horribly wr...more
Lisa Weseman
The Hook: A Hollywood wild child and her estranged straight-laced husband take one last stab at making it work. For the sake of his daughter, of course -- not the incredible attraction they can't seem to walk away from.

Love It: The main characters have real chemistry and also real challenges to overcome. Jessica knows her flaws, but she's also not afraid to stand up for herself.

Leave It: The first chapter starts out with a bang (literally) which I found a bit disorienting since I didn't know the...more
Amber Smith
Loved, loved, LOVED this book! Jessica is a fabulously misunderstood heroine in this story, and perfectly believeable because of her celebrity lifestyle and socialite background. The way she brazens things out when life throws her dung is realistic,and also tugs at your heart because you know she's just making things worse for herself. Morgan, her beleaguered husband, is also a genuine character. He's both dazzled and confused by her, and of course doesn't believe a word she says when he is face...more
Debra Dunbar
Jessica Sinclair was raised in the bosom of Hollywood, partying with A-list celebs and shrugging off her ‘bad girl’ reputation. She’d thought she had a chance at a regular life when a whirlwind romance four years ago brought her love, marriage, and a wonderful step-daughter, but all that came crashing down within two months of her vows, after the publication of her scandalous novel. Morgan is willing to give their marriage another chance, partially for his daughter, but mainly because he still f...more
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
My Rating: 4.5 Stars

Infamous is one hot sensual read that grabs your attention right from the very beginning and keeps you turning those pages.

The Plot:
Hollywood glamour girl and infamous celebrity Jessica Sinclair and Reclusive venture capitalist Morgan Riley were secretly married after a whirlwind romance for a brief period of time, but when reality intruded their marriage fell apart. Morgan and Jessica are poles apart in personality and their choice of lifestyles but four years on nothing’s c...more
Moriah Densley
WWJCD? Find out why it's okay for Jessica Sinclair - socialite and troublemaker - not to be June Cleaver.

Irene Preston drops you in the middle of a Hollywood socialite's exciting, glamorous life - the real side of it. Jessica's self-deprecating attitude makes her likeable. She so badly wants to be a PTA mom and falters in her emulation of June Cleaver. I loved watching her learn to be selfless and turn her shortcomings into strengths.

Jessica rocked the step-parent situation. Morgan (whom I imag...more
Lotchie Burton
The fast pace of the first chapter blew me away. There was no time wasted in getting the hero and heroine together, with a build-up to the love scene so hot, it had me melting with anticipation. The surprise at the end of the chapter made me hurry to turn the page and start the next. The characters of Morgan and Jessica leapt off the pages and lived and breathed in my head. I felt like a voyeur in the bedroom, a peeping Tom in the den and a captive in the pantry, and enjoyed every delicious mome...more
Mary Tillman
I really wish Goodreads allowed 1/2 stars. This is a 3.5*** read for me.
I don't normally read traditional contemporaries. This one is good.
The conflict between Morgan and Jessica is realistic when two people fail to express themselves verbally. It's easy to view their lives from each main character's point of view. Both of which are totally wrong, since we as the reader are seeing both sides. I'll admit, I wanted to tell them to just talk to each other and get on with their lives. Since it's a r...more
Denyse Cohen
Infamous fast-paced, sensuous, and, to put it simply, delectable plot had me turning pages as quickly as I could manage it, all the while fanning myself and drinking lots cold water. Jessica’s reality: fame and money abound is weaved so flawlessly with her wish to have her love reciprocated that, as a woman, is impossible to not relate to her in the most fundamental way. As in many love relationships, assumptions take precedence over dialogue, because love can sometimes feel like walking on an i...more
Juli Morgan
INFAMOUS had me hooked from the first chapter and I didn't put it down until I'd read the whole thing because it just kept getting better. Morgan and Jessica are one hot couple trying to find their way back to each other. I will admit that there were times I was irritated by Jessica's determination to keep a friend's secret when it kept her from acheiving her own happiness, especially when it had a negative effect on Morgan's daughter. But Irene Preston's writing kept me turning the pages. The h...more
I hated reading this book as much as I loved reading it. I found the whole thing so sad. I cried in places that others might not cry in. Both characters resonated so profoundly with me. This is what happens when people don't communicate, when they let their pride get in the way, when they fight for control instead of the actual relationship - misunderstandings. That has been the case for me my entire life; people misunderstand and like Jessica, I learned at a very young age that people don't wan...more
DA4Pups
I was very surprised by this book. The description made me want to read it. I am a sucker for second chances especially when the couple is separated. The story and the characters drew me in and I wanted to find out how it all would end. Morgan is a straight-laced financier with a pre-teen child and Jessica is the child of a famous Hollywood couple. She is also famous in her own right - she is an author of tell-all Hollywood fiction similar to Jackie Collins. Jessica has a party-hard reputation a...more
Micah Persell
Irene Preston’s Infamous is pure fun from start to finish. Her characters, Jessica and Morgan, are so well-developed that at times I found myself alternately rooting for them and wanting to have a serious talk with them about their behavior! Both of them absolutely come to life and leap from the page. And little Kinsey? Love at first sight. You’ll be thinking about Infamous long after you put it down!
Carol Smith
Infamous is a hot contempory romance. If opposites attract, then Jessica and Morgan have a huge magnet pulling them together. But communication problems keep them hoping, then denying, wanting, hating, loving, needing, fighting and loving again. Did you notice I said loving twice? That was on purpose. Irene Preston know how to make a romance story come alive for the reader. I recommend it.
Stephanie Freeman
From the first scene to the end of the book it was an amazing ride. I felt like I was right there at the masquerade party at the beginning of the book. The detail, the opulence, the humanity was truly amazing. I simply could not put the book down. An amazing read from start to finish!
Irene Preston is an author I look forward to reading more from in the future.
Shelley Wall
The book throws you into the glitzy world of a famous author who is tied into the glamorous scene of the rich and famous. The beginning is pretty intense and I love the way it pans out. I would ruin it if I told too much.

Read it. Very well developed story with great character development.
Veronica Shaw
This book was fantastic! The heat between Jessica and Morgan was intense and exciting from the very beginning and I loved how hard she tried to make it all work out. Lots of tension and misunderstandings pulled me through and made me want more.
Bookswithbenefits
Preston sets off sparks in a spicy contemporary romance.

Jessica Sinclair, a wild Hollywood socialite, meets Morgan, a hardworking and conservative entrepreneur. Despite their differences, sparks fly and passion heats up between them. However, as their differences pile up, so do misunderstandings... With a wide supporting cast (a daughter, several BFFs, and even a Golden Retriever), the couple learns to write their own script for love.

The Good: Preston manages to mix a spicy, sexy posh-society ro...more
Stephanie
I don't often read romances because I find character development and the story line are often poor. In this story I felt like I really got to know Jessica and Morgan. I didn't particularly care for Morgans character, but it didn't affect the enjoyment of the story.
The book is told from both the perspective of Jessica and of Morgan and I felt myself more often than not mentally screaming at them to tAlk to each other and work out their problems!!!!
Overall I felt like this was a good, worthwhile...more
Carmen Falcone
Infamous is beautifully written, and very well-crafted!

I really enjoyed reading it, as I love books about second chances. The characters leap from the pages, and Jessica and Morgan's love story feels real and relatable.

Since the first page, Infamous grabbed my attention. Nicely done, Ms. Preston!
Tara
I've wanted to buy this book for months. I'd read a teaser from the first chapter and that was all she wrote.

Well written and engaging with clearly defined characters. Their very identifiable emotions provoked both my sympathy and impatience because they were real, even if the world these characters inhabited was foreign to me. I found the personal growth of the heroine particularly enjoyable. Her revelation about who was really controlling her public image was a critical moment for her.

The emo...more
Diana Beza
This is an extremely well-written book. For that alone, it's worth reading. But, the story is original and entertaining. The main characters really touched my heart.
Gretchen
Bestselling tell-all Hollywood author Jessica Sinclair lives the good life; parties, parties and more parties. But what she really wants is her husband back. And he's never quite gotten around to divorcing the bane of his existence either, hoping against all evidence to the contrary that someday she'll value the quiet, stable life he and his daughter offer, never realizing how they're missing the mark around each other until it's almost too late.

Sizzling sex scenes, compelling characters, and go...more
Alexa Bourne
What an unusual and wonderful story! I found myself totally invested in Jessica and all she wanted for her relationship. Morgan...what can I say? He was the perfect hero I loved to be annoyed with. Yes, his reactions and behaviors had me annoyed with him- often- but I could totally understand his reasons for his choices.

Preston has created a sweet and solid story and she makes it seem effortless. I ignored all my other errands/plans for the day and read this in less than 24 hours. Yes, it's THA...more
Kristina
I read Infamous in an afternoon. And then read it again a few days later because I just couldn't get Jessica and Morgan out of my head. Irene Preston starts this book off hot and it just gets hotter ~ Jessica and Morgan have chemistry that screams off the page. Added to that real-life anxieties that many of us don't think of Hollywood types having. Both the characters have flaws and a long road to reach their happily ever after. If you're a fan of the Hollywood lifestyle, you'll love Infamous.
Casey Dawes
I got caught up in this book almost immediately. Even though the heroine is a “bad girl,” it’s easy to sense that she has a softer side. I was rooting for her to be able to get the love she wants. The writing is very rich and I enjoyed the “hotter” moments because Irene Preston's language is so vivid. I look forward to reading more books by her.
SM Craig
Wow!!!!
Morgan and Jessie's story is heartwarming, heart stopping and hot, hot, hot!!!
Sometimes what you see is not all you get....sometimes you get lucky and this read certainly kept me hoping that was the case till the very end.

Oh, and for the month of July, it's on sale at Kindle for only $1.99. A great read at a great price!
Check it out!
Get Lost in a Story: INFAMOUS by Irene Preston 1 3 Feb 06, 2014 07:23AM
Kindle Deals: INFAMOUS Romance Sale $1.99 1 7 Jul 07, 2013 09:52AM
  • A Bad Boy is Good to Find
  • Tea for Two
  • Trust: Betrayed (Trust Trilogy, #2)
  • Darcy's Dilemma (A Fair Prospect, #2)
  • His Final Bargain
  • Intimate (Negotiated Marriage, #2)
  • Defender (Alex Morgan, #1)
  • California Sunset
  • The Killer
  • Dancing in a Hurricane
  • Defiant Surrender
  • The Best Thing I Never Had
  • Life Was Cool Until You Got Popular
  • An Invitation to Sin (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #2)
  • I Wished For You
  • Moon College
  • Dating101
  • Stolen Identity
Irene Preston has to write romances, after all she is living one. As a starving college student, she met her dream man who whisked her away on a romantic honeymoon across Europe. Today they live in the beautiful hill country outside of Austin, Texas where Dream Man is still working hard to make sure she never has to take off her rose-colored glasses.
More about Irene Preston...
Summer Heat: 10 Spicy Romances that Sizzle