Das magische Siegel (Der Kelch von Anavrin, #2)

Das magische Siegel (Dragon Chalice #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  387 ratings  ·  26 reviews
EINE GEHEIMNISVOLLE FREMDE …Als Kenrick of Clairmont nach langer Gefangenschaft frei kommt, widmet er sich sogleich wieder der Jagd nach dem magischen Drachenkelch. In den Ruinen einer zerstörten Burg trifft er auf die schwer verletzte Haven, die ihr Gedächtnis verloren hat. Kenrick glaubt, Haven könnte der Schlüssel zu seiner Suche sein, und nimmt sie mit sich. Bald schon...more
Published June 8th 2012 by Lyx (first published March 1st 2005)

~*~Princess Nhya~*~
This book, nay, the ending...
 photo tumblr_m4pfv2Uj1J1r3zat8.gif

I was worried at the beginning of this one cos I was not sure how I felt about the circumstances surrounding Kenrick & Haven or more accurately, I wasn't sure how I felt about their pairing period. I think I was still on such a huge high concerning book 1 & Braedon & Ariana, that I was allowing that to cloud my judgment of how things were unfolding here. But once I reached the 35% mark, I realized things were happening just as they should. This 2nd insta...more
Shelley

Kenrick of Clairmont coninues his quest for the dragon chalices. He saves Haven from certain death as she collapses, fever ridden and delirious on the edge of a cliff. They realise they are from different camps, enemy camps in fact, and they must overcome mistrust and misunderstandings in order to achive their goal and accept each other.

As in the first of the Trilogy, I would liked to have learned more about the male character. Perhaps the plot to these stories would have been an excellent foun...more
L.J. Sealey
I read Heart of The Hunter because I saw a review on here from a friend and boy am I glad I did as I really enjoyed it and bought the other 2 in trilogy straight away.

This one I LOVED even more than the first. I liked Kenrick from the start I. heart of The Hunter and fell in love with him in this one. I loved the chemistry between him and Haven. Their relationship felt very real and the storyline picked up its pace in this instalment. It had me gripped and I really couldn't put this one down.

I'...more
Nalla
Wenn Lara Adrian eines ganz gut kann, dann überraschen und verzaubern. Ihre Midnight Breed Romane über den Vampirstamm ist eine meiner absoluten Favoriten. Weil Adrian zu meinen Lieblingsautorinnen gehört konnte ich auch bei ihrer neuen historischen Romantic-Fantasy Reihe "Der Kelch von Anavrin" nicht wiederstehen, auch wenn Mittelalter, Ritter und all das drumherum nie wirklich nach meinem Geschmack war. Wie schnell sich sowas ändern kann, wenn man wahrhaftig verzaubert wird, habe ich nach ihre...more
Stevie
3.5 Stars if I could. This is the second in the series of three. Kenrick, the brother of Ariana from the first book who was rescued, started out in my mind as more of a scholar than a knight from his intro. Not so much in this one, he's more warrior with his scholarly knowledge of the history of the Chalice backing him up. Then we meet Haven, who we find out is a shifter. (If you don't get that in the very beginning, sorry, but it's pretty obvious.) I think I have been out of PN for a little too...more
Richard Hayes
When Kenrick of Clairmont went to the home of his friend Randwulf (Rand) 0f Graycliff to get an item, the key of the Dragon Chalice and found the place destroyed and all killed, he kwen the secret he had shared with his friend was the cause. When he finds a woman, next to death from a stab wound he knows that he must take her to her home and try to save her and find out what happened. When the girl, Haven, starts to recover he finds that she can not remember what happened and he puts her in the...more
Jilly
So much better than the first book.

Now we have Kenrick, brother to Ariana of the first book, and Haven who's secret isn't all that hard to figure out.

Kenrick is a stoic and sometimes overbearing lord though his heart is pure and his intentions always honorable. Well, that is until his tempting victim starts moving around his home causing chaos in this heart and soul.

Haven appears to be the soul survivor of the brutal slayings that took place and Kenrick's friend's home. He's determined to find o...more
K
Jun 19, 2012 K rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of historical romance
Recommended to K by: found on author's website
Heart of the Flame is the second book in St. John's Dragon Chalice series, and focuses on Kenrick, Ariana's brother and Haven, a mysterious beauty w/ a secret. Since I really enjoyed the first book, I was looking forward to reading this one and seeing where the story would go. And I was not dissapointed. Although I did not find it as good as the first book, I def enjoyed it; especially finding out more about the legend of the Dragon Chalice and it's magical powers and mystical origins. I also li...more
Brittany
I'm not much of a fantasy reader, but I did enjoy this book. It was a very fast read!
Khandi Tumeo
It made my gut clench and heart race. 'Way too soon, it was over.
Mhollie
The second book wasn't any better than the first. The storyline/concept had great potential and the writing was fine, but, again, there was nothing in it to catch me and keep my interest.
Sunsy
07/10 Punkte gebe ich für diese Fantasy-Schmonzette. Hier war mehr Schmachtfetzen als Fantasy enthalten... schade. Dennoch ein Hörgenuss, allein, weil Uve Teschner ein derartiges Können präsentiert, sich quasi in Sekundenbruchteilen von einer Figur in die nächste zu denken. Ein Genuss!

Mehr steht wie immer in meinem Blog.
J.B. Stockings
Flame is no lie, the romance here sizzles! I have to admit I jumped into the middle of this series and haven't read the first. It didn't hinder my enjoyment of this book, however.

Adrian created a complicated story line that is a joy to unravel right along with the characters, and nearly impossible to put down. A+.
Darlene Chisholm
Another great read from Lara Adrian. So great that this series received a second chance for fans to enjoy this historical romance. The characters are lovable and the story line keeps you interested into wanting more. I am looking forward to reading the next book following Rand and his adventures.
Amber
Tis a beautifully written book :)
I love that you actually feel like you are back in their time, so innocent, which makes the love these characters share even better. The second book was fantastic and I can't wait till the next comes out.
Kara Callahan
I liked this book better than the first book in the series. Seemed a little slow moving. Just not what I expect from Lara Adrian! Still ordered the final book in the trilogy so I can see what happens.
Betty-Braden
I thought this second book was a little better than the first, but still just kinda average. I'm gonna push through to the third book, but only because I'm super curious to see how they play Rand's story out.
Danielle Romero
I LOVED this book. Lara Adrian's second book in the series was riveting. I was biting my nails through out the novel wondering what would happen between Kenrick and Haven. It was a great read!
Naomi Lindsey

Good read. Cheesy ending, though. Still love Lara Adrian and I know this is some of her older work. I would still recommend it to others.
Ok. The author does not develop the characters enough to really LOVE them.
Christine B.
Overall an entertaining read, just a bit disappointed in the "finale".
Francis
It was very goo. Even better than the first one. Love Lara Adrian.
Diane Carter
Really took an expected turn to fantasy... not liking that.
Carrie hoopingarner
good book,especially if you like historical fiction
Kate SeRine
I'm really enjoying this series!
Elyse Bernhard
Elyse Bernhard marked it as to-read
Jennifer Pilkington
Jennifer Pilkington marked it as to-read
Barbara Shook
Barbara Shook is currently reading it
  • A Glimpse of Darkness
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • What the Heart Sees
  • Wishful Thinking
  • Stolen Ecstasy
  • Darkness Seduced (Order of the Blade #2)
  • Untouchable (Immortals After Dark, #8)
  • Scoundrel's Kiss (Medieval, #2)
  • Conquering Passion
  • After Moonrise
  • Reclaimed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #4-6, The MacKays, #1-3)
  • What She Wants
  • A Lady and Her Magic (Faerie, #1)
  • The Conqueror
As a child, Lara Adrian used to sleep with the covers up around her neck, afraid she might become the midnight prey of deadly vampires. Later on, under the influence of Bram Stoker and Anne Rice, she had to wonder if her fear wasn't actually something else: a secret desire to walk in a darker world, to live a dangerous and sensual dream with a man of seductive, preternatural power. It is that twin...more
More about Lara Adrian...
Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed,  #1) Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3) Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4) Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5)