Start by marking “Scouting for Lucy” as Want to Read:
Scouting for Lucy

Scouting for Lucy

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  2 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Meeting someone for the first time requires some careful preparation and planning; the seasoned eye can spot the qualities, and weaknesses in any candidate! (1,000 words)
4 pages
Published May 2012 by Andrew Chamberlain (first published February 17th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Scouting for Lucy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scouting for Lucy

Massive Black Hole by Andrea BarbosaArtifice by Eric BickernicksUse Somebody by Riley JeanDead by Morning by Kayla KrantzIn the Beginning by Abby L. Vandiver
Indie Books Best End Twist
24th out of 33 books — 49 voters
Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey by Fiona CarnarvonOscar and Lucinda by Peter CareyThe Girl with the Pearl Earring by Tracy ChevalierThe Trigger by Tim ButcherRussian Winter by Daphne Kalotay
Every Book Ever
92nd out of 113 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Jennifer Lafferty
May 15, 2012 Jennifer Lafferty rated it really liked it
I enjoyed "Scouting for Lucy". I thought it was a very clever and entertaining slice of life, depicting the dating process in contemporary society. The author is highly skilled at using imagery and other details to create a vivid atmosphere and enhance characterizations. I was impressed by what the author was able to do in the span of so short a piece. I look forward to reading more of A J Chamberlain's work in the future.
LaFleurBleue
Very, very short novel (6 pages)
It's written as a first person account, which is always awkward to give insights into the narrator as a real person; I can't say it was really successful.
The story deals with the dating world, in a quite superficial way, mostly about how correctly reading appearances. No real interaction between the characters. We do not learn anything personal about them.
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Andrew J Chamberlain is a writer and creative writing tutor. His passion is to entertain and inspire readers with the power of story.

He is the presenter of "The Creative Writer's Toolbelt" a regular podcast giving practical, accessible advice.

His commercially published works include three ghostwriting projects: 'A night out with the boys' (2007) 'Once an Addict?' (2007) and 'Conquering the Dragon'
More about Andrew J Chamberlain...