Relics and Wonders: Lombard's Amulet
read excerpt

Relics and Wonders: Lombard's Amulet

4.63 of 5 stars 4.63  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Fueled by vengeance, a bounty hunter with strange and unexplainable abilities chases a cunning sorcerer and his accomplice across a land populated with elves, vampires, dwarves, and dozens of other enchanted beings. While on their trail, he befriends a mysterious young slave girl whose colossal secret may be the one thing capable of reigniting war between two kingdoms now...more
Published August 15th 2012 by Greysin and Crow (first published August 12th 2012)

Zac
Uh-oh, another review from one of the guy's responsible for this little project. I am happy with the art I put together for this book, but I am even more impressed with the love and time that went into the crafting of the story and it's characters. This is not the perfect package, it is a first for all of us, but what fun would this be if there were no room for growth and nothing to look forward to.
Kevin Mullikin
Aug 20, 2012 Kevin Mullikin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Okay, I know what you are thinking, five stars says the person who wrote it. I get it, I'm incredibly biased. SO WHAT!!! Read it for yourself and tell me what you think.
Cherie
This review was also posted on my blog along with an interview with the author. You can check it out HERE.

My first thought on finishing this book was, "Wow, that was just like an RPG!" For those of you who aren't quite as immersed in geekdom as I am, an RPG is a role-playing game. There are tabletop games, like Dungeons and Dragons, and video games like Final Fantasy. I am a huge fan of video game RPG's, so when I say that this book was like an RPG, it's definitely a compliment. The best RPG's a...more
Vero
I completely loved it!!!!!!

The summary
Basically it starts with Draygon tracking Zekiel and Ness. On his journey he meets several interesting people who little by little help him uncover the bigger picture and the risk the kingdoms were in. Zekiel and Ness have a journey of their own trying to avoid the bounty hunter who is following them and finding out what does the amulet Zekiel found truly does.

The plot
I loved the story line.. it developed so nicely and kept you interested all the time. I c...more
Mia Darien
(This got a 4.5 on my blog, which translates to a 4 stars here on GoodReads.)

You know... I liked it. I usually have more to say leading into my reviews, but in this instance, I don't. It had an interesting world that was fairly well built through the text. The writing was fluid, moved along at a nice pace and kept my interest. I'm not a big fan of pictures in my novels, but those were still interesting.

I had a few small issues with it.

1) It did take me a while to "hook into" the main characters....more
Gary Tong
This book was recommended to me by a friend. Although I enjoy the fantasy genre, it's not normally my first choice when it comes to reading a new book. I bought the ebook on my Kindle and decided to check it out. The story takes place in a fascinating world ruled by 4 different kings(I'm not sure if it's supposed to be earth of another planet). Like anywhere, there seem to be conflicts between various rulers, and by the end of reading the prologue the reader understands that some crazy stuff is...more
Michael
Bottom line up front: this book ranks number 1 amongst all fantasy novels I've read up to this point; with a few Dragonlance novels and the Eragon series falling behind. Although Riding's and Mullikin's first book isn't perfect, it's a solid start with a promising future.

When I started reading it, I immediately put my hands on my shaking head. There's nothing unique about a war between humans and magic users with villains so powerful that their names should not be spoken, and I was pretty sure...more
Timothy Darwin
I saw this book advertised under an "author giveaway" on this website, so I looked it up on google and saw that the ebook was selling for $2.99. I decided to give it a whirl seeing as if it ended up sucking at least I was only out three bucks. Instantly I was impressed by the quality of the artwork. The story follows an angry bounty hunter looking for two sorcerers who killed his family. It sounds unoriginal, but the authors did an outstanding job of creating a whole new experience with only min...more
Annemieke
A great fantasy book with a lot of twists and turns, betrayal and unexpected plots.
+ I loved the way the author introduces the characters. First you get a description of the appearance, then a bit of information about the character and after a page or so you discover the name of the characters. Kevin Mullikin manages to do this in a way without getting you confused or irritated who this person is. A rare gift!
+ I liked the characters and loved the fact how they all are somehow 'bound' to each...more
Lucy Gualdieri
Wow... I just... Wow...

5/5 stars

First of all I really liked this book, and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes reading about adventures and magic beings.
Now, on to the review…
At the begginnig it was kind of hard for me to follow the storyline, it seemed a little slow, but not to far from the start, it begun to be faster and more interesting by the minute. That’s the only ‘negative’ thing I have to say about this book.
As someone who has read quite a few of this kind of books, I usually can...more
Oezay
Ok.... i recieved this book free through making connections group, the author Kevin Mullikin was kind enough to give me this book for an honest review.

The characters are very well developed,they have a lot of depth to their structure and their morals, as does the main plot of the book, though a bit complex it adds to the appeal of the book.The fights really stir your imagination and make you want more.

All in all it was an interesting read, i recommend this book to people who like fantasy And act...more
Beth
I loved it! From the very beginning it was action-packed with interesting characters. (I love Draygon!) It is such a well-developed plot with some interesting twists and turns I could not see coming. All in all, this is one of the books that I have to put on my favorites list! I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT IN THE SERIES!!! If you love fantasy and action...THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU!
John
Great book! Very well developed plot and central characters. This is the book that you find in the book store that you not seen before and you take a chance on it and get wowed! Yes it's that good! Hope they do another! I finished it on Halloween so that made it even better...
Carlos Jr.
Fantasy all over the place. Readers who love the fantasy genre should get this book. Because I would.
Christense Jiang
I've only read the first chapter, which is available at http://www.relicsandwonders.com/, but I am looking forward to the rest of the book, summer 2012!
John Petts
The story kept moving and a good pace. The plot was compelling and kept me guessing.
Jeffrey Poole
Review coming soon!
Boyer Eric
Boyer Eric marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Princhesata
Princhesata marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Knacelot
Knacelot marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
readtoomuch
readtoomuch marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Kyle
Kyle marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Marea
Marea marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Jared Mallowes
Jared Mallowes marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Emre
Emre added it
Mar 11, 2014
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
xenofixus
xenofixus marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Poeticdemise
Poeticdemise marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
  • A Balance Broken (The Dragonsoul Saga, #1)
  • Reassigned (Codename Fairy Godmother, #1)
  • Long Way Home (Unseen Trilogy, #3)
  • Redemption (Angel: Season 1, #4)
  • The Star of Sorrow (Trinity Blood: Reborn on the Mars, #1)
  • Blood of the Underworld (The Watcher's Blade, #1)
  • The Last Great Wizard of Yden (Yden, #1)
  • A Storm in Tormay (The Complete Tormay Trilogy)
  • The Sword of Truth (The Godling Chronicles, #1)
  • Seven Crows (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #1; Angel: Season 4-5, #1)
  • Exit Darkness, Enter Light (Earth Cycle, #1)
  • Draykon (Draykon, #1)
  • Deception Peak
  • God's Eye
  • Distant Star (The Reminiscent Exile, #1)
  • Mahogany Slade
  • Avatar (Angel: Season 1, #7)
  • The Longest Night (Angel: Season 3, #3)
Kevin Mullikin graduated from the University of Phoenix with a Bachelor's in Management. He lives with his wife and son in Sacramento, California where he also manages a restaurant while simultaneously serving in the United States Army Reserves.
More about Kevin Mullikin...