Start by marking “Relics and Wonders (Lombard's Amulet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Relics and Wonders (Lombard's Amulet, #1)

Read Excerpt

Relics and Wonders (Lombard's Amulet #1)

Fueled by vengeance, a bounty hunter with strange and unexplainable abilities chases a cunning sorcerer and his accomplice across a land populated with elves, vampires, dwarves, and dozens of other enchanted beings. While on their trail, he befriends a mysterious young slave girl whose colossal secret may be the one thing capable of reigniting war between two kingdoms now ...more
Published August 15th 2012 by Greysin and Crow (first published August 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Relics and Wonders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relics and Wonders

Zac
Aug 31, 2012 Zac rated it it was amazing
Uh-oh, another review from one of the guy's responsible for this little project. I am happy with the art I put together for this book, but I am even more impressed with the love and time that went into the crafting of the story and it's characters. This is not the perfect package, it is a first for all of us, but what fun would this be if there were no room for growth and nothing to look forward to.
Kevin Mullikin
Aug 20, 2012 Kevin Mullikin rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Okay, I know what you are thinking, five stars says the person who wrote it. I get it, I'm incredibly biased. SO WHAT!!! Read it for yourself and tell me what you think.
Cherie
Jan 24, 2013 Cherie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4stars
This review was also posted on my blog along with an interview with the author. You can check it out HERE.

My first thought on finishing this book was, "Wow, that was just like an RPG!" For those of you who aren't quite as immersed in geekdom as I am, an RPG is a role-playing game. There are tabletop games, like Dungeons and Dragons, and video games like Final Fantasy. I am a huge fan of video game RPG's, so when I say that this book was like an RPG, it's definitely a compliment. The best RPG's a
Vero
Nov 14, 2012 Vero rated it it was amazing
I completely loved it!!!!!!

The summary
Basically it starts with Draygon tracking Zekiel and Ness. On his journey he meets several interesting people who little by little help him uncover the bigger picture and the risk the kingdoms were in. Zekiel and Ness have a journey of their own trying to avoid the bounty hunter who is following them and finding out what does the amulet Zekiel found truly does.

The plot
I loved the story line.. it developed so nicely and kept you interested all the time. I c
Mia Darien
Aug 30, 2012 Mia Darien rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(This got a 4.5 on my blog, which translates to a 4 stars here on GoodReads.)

You know... I liked it. I usually have more to say leading into my reviews, but in this instance, I don't. It had an interesting world that was fairly well built through the text. The writing was fluid, moved along at a nice pace and kept my interest. I'm not a big fan of pictures in my novels, but those were still interesting.

I had a few small issues with it.

1) It did take me a while to "hook into" the main characters.
Lu Gualdieri
Nov 01, 2013 Lu Gualdieri rated it it was amazing
Wow... I just... Wow...

5/5 stars

First of all I really liked this book, and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes reading about adventures and magic beings.
Now, on to the review…
At the begginnig it was kind of hard for me to follow the storyline, it seemed a little slow, but not to far from the start, it begun to be faster and more interesting by the minute. That’s the only ‘negative’ thing I have to say about this book.
As someone who has read quite a few of this kind of books, I usually can
Michael
Sep 04, 2012 Michael rated it it was amazing
Bottom line up front: this book ranks number 1 amongst all fantasy novels I've read up to this point; with a few Dragonlance novels and the Eragon series falling behind. Although Riding's and Mullikin's first book isn't perfect, it's a solid start with a promising future.

When I started reading it, I immediately put my hands on my shaking head. There's nothing unique about a war between humans and magic users with villains so powerful that their names should not be spoken, and I was pretty sure
Annemieke
Oct 31, 2012 Annemieke rated it really liked it
A great fantasy book with a lot of twists and turns, betrayal and unexpected plots.
+ I loved the way the author introduces the characters. First you get a description of the appearance, then a bit of information about the character and after a page or so you discover the name of the characters. Kevin Mullikin manages to do this in a way without getting you confused or irritated who this person is. A rare gift!
+ I liked the characters and loved the fact how they all are somehow 'bound' to each
Timothy Darwin
Aug 27, 2012 Timothy Darwin rated it it was amazing
I saw this book advertised under an "author giveaway" on this website, so I looked it up on google and saw that the ebook was selling for $2.99. I decided to give it a whirl seeing as if it ended up sucking at least I was only out three bucks. Instantly I was impressed by the quality of the artwork. The story follows an angry bounty hunter looking for two sorcerers who killed his family. It sounds unoriginal, but the authors did an outstanding job of creating a whole new experience with only min ...more
Gary Tong
Sep 06, 2012 Gary Tong rated it it was amazing
This book was recommended to me by a friend. Although I enjoy the fantasy genre, it's not normally my first choice when it comes to reading a new book. I bought the ebook on my Kindle and decided to check it out. The story takes place in a fascinating world ruled by 4 different kings(I'm not sure if it's supposed to be earth of another planet). Like anywhere, there seem to be conflicts between various rulers, and by the end of reading the prologue the reader understands that some crazy stuff is ...more
Oezay
Nov 26, 2013 Oezay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok.... i recieved this book free through making connections group, the author Kevin Mullikin was kind enough to give me this book for an honest review.

The characters are very well developed,they have a lot of depth to their structure and their morals, as does the main plot of the book, though a bit complex it adds to the appeal of the book.The fights really stir your imagination and make you want more.

All in all it was an interesting read, i recommend this book to people who like fantasy And act
Beth
Sep 05, 2012 Beth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beth-s-faves
I loved it! From the very beginning it was action-packed with interesting characters. (I love Draygon!) It is such a well-developed plot with some interesting twists and turns I could not see coming. All in all, this is one of the books that I have to put on my favorites list! I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT IN THE SERIES!!! If you love fantasy and action...THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU!
John
Aug 23, 2012 John rated it it was amazing
Great book! Very well developed plot and central characters. This is the book that you find in the book store that you not seen before and you take a chance on it and get wowed! Yes it's that good! Hope they do another! I finished it on Halloween so that made it even better...
Carlos Jr.
Dec 13, 2012 Carlos Jr. rated it really liked it
Fantasy all over the place. Readers who love the fantasy genre should get this book. Because I would.
Jeffrey Poole
Oct 03, 2012 Jeffrey Poole rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon!
John Petts
Apr 06, 2013 John Petts rated it it was amazing
The story kept moving and a good pace. The plot was compelling and kept me guessing.
Christense Jiang
May 12, 2012 Christense Jiang rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
I've only read the first chapter, which is available at http://www.relicsandwonders.com/, but I am looking forward to the rest of the book, summer 2012!
Shelly
Shelly rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2012
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2012
Yones
Yones rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2014
Janette
Janette rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2013
Chris Bodley
Chris Bodley rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2012
Rose
Rose rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2012
Bella
Bella rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2012
Evander
Evander rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2013
Jamie
Jamie rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2013
Darren Mitton
Darren Mitton rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2012
Pam Skipper
Pam Skipper rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2012
Sasha
Sasha rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2012
McKent Peligrino
McKent Peligrino rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2012
Indie Book Club: October BotM: Relics and Wonders: Lombard's Amulet 54 32 Nov 05, 2012 09:39AM
  • Reassigned (Codename Fairy Godmother, #1)
  • Redemption (Angel: Season 1, #2)
  • A Balance Broken (Dragonsoul Saga, #1)
  • The Last Sanctuary (The Last Sanctuary, #1)
  • Long Way Home (Unseen Trilogy, #3)
  • Trinity Blood: Reborn on the Mars, Volume 1: The Star of Sorrow
  • Book of the Dead (Angel: Season 4-5, #7)
  • Blood of the Underworld (The Watcher's Blade, #1)
  • The Dryad Quartet (The Dryad Quartet #1-4)
  • In Wilder Lands
  • Impressions (Angel: Season 3, #3)
  • Descent into the Depths of the Earth (Greyhawk Classics, #3)
  • The Revenge of Praying Mantis (Hattori Hachi, #1)
  • The Stone Giant (Balumnia, #3)
  • The Shadowed Path
  • Turner
  • Hollywood Noir (Angel: Season 1, #5)
  • A Storm in Tormay (The Complete Tormay Trilogy)
Kevin Mullikin graduated from the University of Phoenix with a Bachelor's in Management. He lives with his wife and son in Sacramento, California where he also manages a restaurant while simultaneously serving in the United States Army Reserves.
More about Kevin Mullikin...