Start by marking “Fairyland (Songs of Magic, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fairyland (Songs of Magic, #4)

Fairyland (Songs of Magic #4)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Jason and Erin’s urgent mission takes them deep into the colorful and deadly wilds of Faerie, full of bizarre and rude creatures, and past the glittering volcanic islands of the Southward Sea.

In man-world, Mitch and Dred try to prepare for a live concert in front of millions of viewers while half their band is missing. The record company is furious with them, and so are a
Published June 2012 by www.jlbryanbooks.com

To ask other readers questions about Fairyland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairyland

Jenni Arndt
You can read all of my reviews at Alluring Reads.

This series never ceases to amaze me! I have tried a few other fairy books since reading this J.L. Bryan series and have been so not interested every time. But, when I read these I am completely lost in the fairy lore and the wonderful writing. Fairyland is an epic adventure in just that, a Fairyland. In this one we get to go with Jason and Erin as they fight their way through marshmallow swamps and the Southward sea (which is full of sharks with
Jessica Bronder
There is a ton of stuff going on. The story starts with the Rioting Zebras going to have a fundraiser but things are starting off bad when half the band is missing. Mitch/Mick and Dred are trying to do the concert while Jason and Erin return to Chippewa Falls to try and find Jason’s missing sister Katie. They then have to travel to Fairy to find her.

At the same time Liandan and Aiode are still navigating the human world trying to find the stolen instruments but are getting closer to finding them
Mary Lou Moench
Category: Fantasy, Fairy Tales
Received from: purchased on Amazon.com
Recommended for: Teens, young adults, and anyone who remembers being a teen
Grammar/editing: ungraded – since I was listening instead of reading, I don't know, but Albert said it was well done.

Albert (my son) and I have continued this series as a read-aloud in the car on our way to and from work.

We're back with The Rioting Zebras, Jason, Mitch, Erin, and 'Dred. This is the fourth book in the series and picks up right where FAIRY
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
*4 1/2 stars*

Before this synopsis for Fairyland was released the book cover appeared, and I fell in love immediately. I love the new designs for this whole series but Fairyland has to be my favourite one. Fairyland picks up straight after Fairystruck, with Dred and Mitch/Mick travelling from their cancelled rehearsal due to half the band being AWOL. The chapters alternate between the band, the faeries; and Erin, Jason and Grizlemor as they all take their own paths to find their target.

I really e
Shirley
Fairyland is the 4th book in J.L. Bryan’s Songs of Magic Series and each book draws the reader farther and farther into the world that the author has created.

This book has the reader spending a lot more time in Faerie than any of the others before it. Bryan holds nothing back with his imaginative descriptions and takes readers on a tour of a world that is as amazingly beautiful as it is terrifying. This author’s Faerie is not a place that I would want to go to alone.

I really like where the serie
Annabelle Marie Veronica
*****FINAL RATING: 4.65 STARS*****

CATCHALL
I love these books. I really do. For one thing, they are incredibly addicting. Once I start, I never want to stop. For another, they continue to become better and better and I am almost afraid to see how spectacular the next book will be! I completely adored this installment. With excellent character growth and a beautiful plot, it irrevocably drew me in and didn't let me go until I had finished it in its entirety.

THE HERO
JASON
I have no idea how Jason
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to J. L. Bryan.)
This is the fourth book in the ‘Songs of Magic’ series, and kicks off where book 3 left off. (Trying to avoid spoilers so some names will be starred ** out.)
Jason and Erin are in the land of fairy, searching for ***** who has been kidnapped by Mrs Dullahan, (the keeper of the fairy gate that Jason originally went through to steal the instruments), whilst Mitch and Dred are left alone on the
Heather
If you’ve been following my reviews of the books in the Songs of Magic series (Fairy Metal Thunder, Fairy Blues, Fairystruck), you’ll know that they have been one my favorite fantasy series to read. And I’m glad to see that JL Bryan has continued his streak with writing a better book each time he delves back into the world of Jason and the Rioting Zebras.

At the end of Fairystruck, the Dullahan has kidnapped Jason’s sister and fled to the land of Faerie after Jason and Erin’s failed rescue attemp
Aeicha
So, if you’ve read my previous reviews of books one, two and three of the Songs of Magic Series by J.L. Bryan then you know just how much I love this series! And guess what…book four, Fairyland, is my absolute favorite so far! Which means this book is awesometastic and fantabulous!

Picking up right where book three leaves off, Fairyland finds Erin and Jason in (wait for it)…fairyland! The evil dullahan has taken Katie into Faerie and Erin, Jason and Grizlemor go after them and find themselves up
Kelly
First off, I love this cover. I think it's funky and awesome in a sparkly kinda of way. That's a good thing, in case you were wondering. Sparkly stuff is good when it's shooting out of your guitar. Or off your wings. I speak from experience. But that's neither here nor there. What I'm trying to point out is that I like the cover. It works. It works very well.

As for the book, I love love LOVE how Faerie is slightly off kilter and when someone says they have corn and bean soup they really mean can
Missy Kirtley
It's always a good day when I get to download a new Songs of Magic book to my Kindle. Since my second daughter was born 12 weeks ago, I've been a bit out of the loop, so when I found out that Fairyland was out and that I could download and read it, it gave me a serious happy.

This one is a bit more of a roller coaster than the last one, even though they've all been action packed. I'm thrilled that we were given a chance to explore the Fairy world with a set of Human eyes, and that we were able to
Rhiannon Frater
Where to start?

This book is hilarious! That was one of the things I really, really loved about the story. It's just made me giggle with glee. It isn't as scary as some of the other books in the series (though the sharks made me both laugh and flinch), but it has some absolutely mind-blowing set pieces in the land of Faerie that just had my mind in a whirlwind of glee. Oh, my God! Seriously, so much fun, so much imaginative eye-candy, and such great fun humor.

This is a must read series for me. I
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Erin Phillips
Erin Phillips is currently reading it
Dec 17, 2014
Kathryn Johnson
Kathryn Johnson marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Stephanie Short-cook
Stephanie Short-cook marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Zoe Dickens
Zoe Dickens marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Ciarra
Ciarra marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Pam Eller
Pam Eller marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Erica Allen
Erica Allen marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Alexia Purdy
Alexia Purdy marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Carla Aparo
Carla Aparo marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
J.L. Bryan studied English literature at the University of Georgia and at Oxford, with a focus on English Renaissance and Romantic literature. He also studied screenwriting at UCLA. He lives in the metro Atlanta sprawl with his wife Christina, where he spends most of his day serving the toddler and animal community inside his house. He is the author of the Paranormals series and the Songs of Magic ...more
More about J.L. Bryan...
Jenny Pox (The Paranormals, #1) Tommy Nightmare (The Paranormals, #2) Alexander Death (The Paranormals, #3) Jenny Plague-Bringer (The Paranormals, #4) Fairy Metal Thunder (Songs of Magic, #1)