Kill All the Lawyers

Kill All the Lawyers (Solomon vs. Lord #3)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  457 ratings  ·  43 reviews
It all starts with a 300-pound marlin stuck in Solomon’s front door. Prank? Threat? High tide? Even by South Florida standards, this registers as weird.

Soon, celebrity shrink “Dr. Bill” shows up. Just out of prison, he blames Solomon for his manslaughter conviction involving the death of a patient. Victoria Lord is used to her law partner and lover cutting corners to win....more
Published May 4th 2013 by Nittany Valley Productions, Inc. (first published August 29th 2006)

Book Slut -N
I truly love this series. Steve Solomon, a tall, sarcastic, defense lawyer from Miami, is living the Margaritaville lifestyle while defending half-baked crooks alongside his Prada wearing, Presbyterian girlfriend, Victoria. Together they are raising his autistic nephew whose got a worse mouth than his uncle and seems to solve the cases before they do. In this installment they're now facing a new threat: one of Steve's former clients who is just out of prison and through his radio show is airing...more
Lindsay
This was my favorite "Solomon Vs Lord" novel yet. It read a bit like a Janet Evanovich novel with quirky characters and outrageous situations. Totally unrealistic-- but I found myself laughing out loud several times anyway. Just fun! (Although, I have to say, all the talk about sexually active 12-year olds definitely could have been eliminated. Ickiness!)
David
As usual, Steve Solomon is in trouble. this time he has a homicidal former client on his case. The client is a psychologist who wrangles a court order to get Solomon to have to attend anger management sessions with him. However, this psychologist is pretty much a nutcase himself and Steve did a legal no-no to get him put in jail, an act of client betrayal that Steve's fiance is shocked when she hears (though readers of this series should not be)

Quirky as always, Solomon just keeps getting in mor...more
Glenn
Third in a series of very good lawyer/mystery thrillers with a lot of comedy thrown in. Best way to describe this series is if you like John Grisham and Carl Hiaasen books, then you'll like Paul Levine's books.
Barb Radmore
This is a solid entry into the series. It is a discussion on the meaning of truth, wrapped in a action packed thriller.It examines the length it is acceptable to stretch to achieve justice. Steve is the main character in this one since it is his past catching up with him. He is getting all the PR he can handle from a local radio host but none of it good. He helped put the man into jail years before, which is a problem since he was the man's defense lawyer. That would cause hard feelings with mos...more
Gail
Solomon vs. Lord are back. He's a Jimmy Buffett lawyer who defends strippers and lowlifes and she's a Florida princess blue blood. A reviewer likens this series to Hepburn-Tracy screwball comedies and there are similarities. In this one Victoria Lord is a tad tiresome but Steve Solomon is in fine form. The story line is riveting and his family is as individual and hilarious as the previous book.

One of his clients is out of jail. This psychologist turned celebrity and radio host begins lambastin...more
Angie
Mr progress notes seem to have been deleted. I was going to TRY to finish this book, but I really did not enjoy spending time with Steve Solomon. I think he was supposed to be a lovable jerk, but there was way too much jerk and too little lovable. He wears shirts saying things like "I am hung like Einstein and smart as a horse." He acts so rude to his girlfriend's mother at her birthday dinner (after promising the girlfriend he would behave) that any normal woman would have either slapped him or...more
Susan
Annoying, immature male character won't do what he is told - seems to have no sense at all. After 3 books of this same annoying individual I can't read anymore of these books. Why are men such idiots?
Joe
Fun read, end of the series of the "Solomon vs. Lord" by Paul Levine. Not to worry, There is another series by P. Levine, the Jake Lassiter series. I have them all lined up, ready to read.
Jan
Another fun addition to this series and whose characters are as quirky as Stephanie Plum and her crew or Hiaasen and his Florida pack.
Scott
One of my favorite authors! I truly enjoy the Solomon vs. Lord series and the way Paul brings the characters to life!
Jason
This book, in itself was fairly predictable, but Solomon's Laws interspersed throughout were often hilarious.
Yona
I just love reading about Steve and Victoria. I can't never get enough.
Kara Jorges
The mismatched pair of Solomon and Lord is back for their third installment, this time dealing with a murderous ex-client of Steve’s. Years ago when Steve was representing Dr. Bill Kreeger on a murder charge, he found evidence of just how cold and sociopathic the doctor was, and did something a little unethical to get him put away. Now Dr. Kreeger is a radio shrink, and keeps lambasting Steve on the air, when he isn’t going out of the way to be Steve’s best buddy. Steve’s partner in law and life...more
Craig Pittman
I've now read three of Paul Levine's engaging and clever Solomon vs. Lord mysteries. This is the weakest entry in the series so far. The problem with this book is easy to pinpoint: Levine, a reporter-turned-lawyer-turned-author, writes the funniest and sharpest courtroom dialogue of anyone I've seen, but there's precious little courtroom action in this book. I counted exactly two courtroom scenes, both very short, neither involving much in the way of Solomon OR Lord battling prosecutors (or each...more
John
This has been my favorite book of a great series. Steve Solomon, the laid-back lawyer and Jimmy Buffett fan, is the target of a radio psychologist who is a disgruntled former client just out of prison for murder. Like in Cape Fear the homicidal doctor is always one step ahead of Steve and is setting him up for a big fall. Meanwhile his lovable nephew has discovered girls, one particular Mae West wantabe in particular, and Victoria Lord, Steve's opposite in every way law partner and girlfriend, i...more
Kelly Cool
Another hilariously great book in the Solomon vs Lord series. Paul Levine tells great storties entwining law and life for two lawyers in Miami. This is the third I've read and he continues coming up with great characters and tales that keep you reading.
Mark
Cliched lawyer faces problems in the world dealing with an old client who thinks he tanked the case against him. Every cliche for characters imaginable. I couldn't finish the book. The character narrative and dialog is shallow.
Razvan Banciu
characters, plot, language all reminds of San Antonio. half serious, half comedy, it's the human kindness which makes the book quite valuable. three and a half stars would suit better...
Morgan
I cheated on this one. Had to skip to the end. The author did such a good job drawing out my emotions, that the deeper Steve Solomon twisted into his troubles, the more I squirmed until it was just too uncomfortable. Maybe he did it too well. Anyhow, I approve of the ending, but not sure I can go back and pick up those lost chapters. If you like a good thriller and that itchy feeling between your shoulders, you'll probably love this all the way through. But don't judge by me, I'm a wimp. Squirmi...more
Deborahazzi
I know some readers may not pay attention to details, but I thought I missed something when I started to read this book.

In the previous book, Steve's car ends up in a watery bed, and he has to buy a new one. A small smart car, if I remember correctly. Then, in this book, he is driving a Mustang...

Also, Irene was head over heels, with 'Uncle Grif' but, in this book, she is in a relationship with Carl, with no explaination about her previous lover.

Overall, the series is enjoyable, and Steve is alw...more
Kathie
Mindlessly ( ..and this week comment that as a positive ) entertining and easy read. With a lot of travel and other "must do & obligations" this time of year, this book was just what I needed. Diversion with out obsession to finish. The characters were straight forward and the plot was easy to follow. I'd probably pick up another of this author's books when I need this something that is better than what has been on TV lately but not too heavy on the mind.
Jo Ann
Good laugh kind of book.
AmblingBooks
"This clever, colorful thriller�focuses as much on the age-old conflict between Mars and Venus as on delivering legal wisecracks and page-turning suspense�." � Publishers Weekly (starred review)

Listen to Kill All the Lawyers on your iPhone, desktop, or smartphone.
Robbie
This one covers everything from a fight to retain custody of and protect an exceptional child, family issues, an attempt to win a crucial court battle, the beginning of a partnership, the importance of friendships, the willingness to make changes - what more could you ask for? I rated this one 4.5 stars. Jim agreed.
Marcia
Some pretty major changes to some of the characters backgrounds, like going from having a brother to being an only child... story slogged along slowly, fairly predictable. Not nearly as fun to read as the first in the series, Solomon vs. Lord.
Susan

I enjoyed the first one of this mystery
series and liked this one too. The contrast between the two lawyers in
partnership - Solomon and Lord - is
clever and funny but there is also a very
serious subplot with an autistic nephew.
Elaine
I gotta tell ya. I wasn't fond of most of this book -- not til past 3/4 through when it started picking up speed.

It takes a long time to discover what happened between attorney and client, making parts difficult to understand.
Cailen
This series is what I would call mindless drivel to the extreme, but for some reason, I am really enjoying them. It was a one-night read and was just the entertainment I was craving.
Shahidah Izad
quite dragging at first.. was about to just skip the book but i waited and read on.. no regrets.. full of witty sarcasm ..mid to end is goood
  • Guilt Trip (A Blanco County Mystery #4)
  • Mad Money
  • Motion To Kill (Lou Mason, Mystery #1)
  • The 24th Letter
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard Series, #2)
  • The Ex Who Wouldn't Die (Charley's Ghost, #1)
  • Resuscitation (Sam Rizzo #2)
  • Moonlighting In Vermont (A Bree MacGowan Mystery #1)
  • Backyard Bones (Regan McHenry Real Estate Mysteries, #2)
  • September Fair (Murder-by-Month Mystery #5)
  • A Case of Imagination (Madeline Maclin #1)
  • Force of Habit (Falcone & Driscoll Investigation, #1)
  • Key Lime Blues (Wes Darling Mystery, #1)
  • In Deep Shitake (Shitake Mystery, #1)
  • An Eye for Murder (Ellie Foreman, #1)
  • Murder Half-Baked
  • The Temporary Detective (Isobel Spice #1)
  • Surface Tension (Seychelle Sullivan, #1)
The author of 18 novels, Paul Levine won the John D. MacDonald fiction award and was nominated for the Edgar, Macavity, International Thriller, and James Thurber prizes.

A former Miami trial lawyer, he also wrote more than 20 episodes of the CBS military drama “JAG” and co-created the Supreme Court drama “First Monday” starring James Garner and Joe Mantegna.

The critically acclaimed international...more
More about Paul Levine...
Solomon vs. Lord (Solomon vs. Lord, #1) The Deep Blue Alibi (Solomon vs. Lord, #2) To Speak for the Dead (Jake Lassiter, #1) Illegal Fool Me Twice (Jake Lassiter, #6)