Start by marking “Les Amants Du N'mporte Quoi” as Want to Read:
Les Amants Du N'mporte Quoi

Les Amants Du N'mporte Quoi

3.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  97 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Lovers or something like it is an intelligent and sensitive portrayal of the doubts and desires of a new generation, suffering from the agony of indecision and too many choices to feel true contentment.
Published (first published January 3rd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Les Amants Du N'mporte Quoi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Les Amants Du N'mporte Quoi

Jasmine
Jul 16, 2009 Jasmine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: french
Firstly this book is not called love or something like it, that is the title of a book by Deirdre Shaw. This book is called lovers or something like it.

France

*Review starts now*

Reading this book is like cheating on Milan Kundera. not that I'm suggesting that Milan's wife should cheat on him with Florian, although Florian is younger and hotter.

The fact is that this is a lot like reading the unbearable lightness of being, but is actually more in depth, at least on the cheating.

It is nice to kn
Jasmine
Dec 20, 2011 Jasmine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: french
** Everything in italics came out of the book itself**

I’ve always know that there is a special kind of hell for those people who don't know how to suffer those people who come upon the world being one of those people who don't know how to love. I’ve always known that I grew up to become one of those people thinking of the happiness we were expecting, but which will not come. Those people who have realized the comic illusion have come upon the children, the bad poets have scorned their belief
Alsy
Jul 02, 2008 Alsy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book when I want to understand men, love and relationships. Tristan is the ultimate cad. He's a coward who is in typical male fashion afraid to commit to the sensitive and lovelorn Amelie and predictable as it sounds, the author writes a beautiful short novel with such wonderful memorable passages, that my poor book is scribbled with notes and lines of my favorite quotes. I became a huge fan of Florian after I read this.
Lisa
Jul 13, 2011 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well observed, subtle and beautifully written. It's short so can be read in one sitting, but this is a book to read slowly and savour, or to read several times over. Both characters inspire sympathy and dislike by turns, and Zeller shows a remarkable insight in his depictions of both characters hopes and fears.
DPetrichor
Sep 18, 2009 DPetrichor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books2009
This book discusses the insecurities ,doubts and misgivings of people beautifully.The indepth explanation of the psychology of Tristan and Amelie is also very interesting.It helped me better understand myself and people around me.I love psychological books and this book definitely had that angle to it.
Joshua Potter
Jan 15, 2013 Joshua Potter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Detailed review at Potter's Book Blog:

Nelly
Nelly added it
May 25, 2016
C.J.
C.J. marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Caroline
Caroline rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Craig
Craig rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
Carl Morris
Carl Morris rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Robert
Robert rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Antonia
Antonia marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Amy Drayton
Amy Drayton rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Gauthon
Gauthon rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Jacco
Jacco marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Kevin Le Maguer
Kevin Le Maguer marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Wendy Van Den Hauwe
Wendy Van Den Hauwe rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
Paula Davidson
Paula Davidson marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
Natalia P. Bermejo
Natalia P. Bermejo rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2015
Erin Lee Arvin
Erin Lee Arvin marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Andrew Reece
Andrew Reece marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Salome Choa
Salome Choa rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2015
Joe
Joe rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2015
Alan Woo
Alan Woo rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2015
Tim
Tim rated it did not like it
Apr 23, 2016
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Florian Zeller is a French novelist and playwright. His work has been translated into a dozen languages, including English. He won the Prix Interallié in 2004 for his novel "Fascination of Evil" ("La Fascination du Pire").
More about Florian Zeller...