Start by marking “Les Amants Du N'mporte Quoi” as Want to Read:
Les Amants Du N'mporte Quoi

Les Amants Du N'mporte Quoi

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Lovers or something like it is an intelligent and sensitive portrayal of the doubts and desires of a new generation, suffering from the agony of indecision and too many choices to feel true contentment.
Published (first published January 3rd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Les Amants Du N'mporte Quoi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Les Amants Du N'mporte Quoi

Jasmine
Firstly this book is not called love or something like it, that is the title of a book by Deirdre Shaw. This book is called lovers or something like it.

France

*Review starts now*

Reading this book is like cheating on Milan Kundera. not that I'm suggesting that Milan's wife should cheat on him with Florian, although Florian is younger and hotter.

The fact is that this is a lot like reading the unbearable lightness of being, but is actually more in depth, at least on the cheating.

It is nice to kn
Jasmine
** Everything in italics came out of the book itself**

I’ve always know that there is a special kind of hell for those people who don't know how to suffer those people who come upon the world being one of those people who don't know how to love. I’ve always known that I grew up to become one of those people thinking of the happiness we were expecting, but which will not come. Those people who have realized the comic illusion have come upon the children, the bad poets have scorned their belief
Alsy
I read this book when I want to understand men, love and relationships. Tristan is the ultimate cad. He's a coward who is in typical male fashion afraid to commit to the sensitive and lovelorn Amelie and predictable as it sounds, the author writes a beautiful short novel with such wonderful memorable passages, that my poor book is scribbled with notes and lines of my favorite quotes. I became a huge fan of Florian after I read this.
Lisa
Well observed, subtle and beautifully written. It's short so can be read in one sitting, but this is a book to read slowly and savour, or to read several times over. Both characters inspire sympathy and dislike by turns, and Zeller shows a remarkable insight in his depictions of both characters hopes and fears.
DPetrichor
This book discusses the insecurities ,doubts and misgivings of people beautifully.The indepth explanation of the psychology of Tristan and Amelie is also very interesting.It helped me better understand myself and people around me.I love psychological books and this book definitely had that angle to it.
C.
C. marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Silvija Jurgšaitytė
Silvija Jurgšaitytė marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Renée
Renée marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Evan Reiss
Evan Reiss marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Tabitha Wade
Tabitha Wade marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Dithyrambique
Dithyrambique marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Zscribbles
Zscribbles marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Florian Zeller is a French novelist and playwright. His work has been translated into a dozen languages, including English. He won the Prix Interallié in 2004 for his novel "Fascination of Evil" ("La Fascination du Pire").
More about Florian Zeller...
The Fascination of Evil Julien Parme Artificial Snow La jouissance Elle t'attend