Start by marking “Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 8” as Want to Read:
Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 8

Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 8 (Suki-tte Ii na yo #8)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  904 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Mei Tachibana has spent her 16 years without making either boyfriend or friends. One day, she drop-kicks a popular boy in school, Yamato Kurosawa, because of a misunderstanding but for some reason it seems that he takes a liking to her and one-sidedly claims that they’re friends. Furthermore, he not only protects Mei from a stalker, he does it with a kiss…?!!
168 pages
Published January 13th 2012 by Kōdansha (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 8

Monserrat Maxfield Markov
Le baje de calificación porque, hay mucha referencia a que te tienes que peinar, maquillar, lucir pierna, para ser más femenina... Y no me gusto, pero lo bueno fue que Mei volvió hacer la misma.
Ivana Ciglar
May 23, 2014 Ivana Ciglar rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone

Youthful cultural festival !

"Mei: In the span of one and a half years, I've had a lot of first experiences. I've broken down the walls that were around me, haven't I? This little speed bump on the road isn't good enough reason to waste all that I've worked for."

The festival is approaching and by the school tradition every year male and female students nominate their idols for the model competition. The model as in the ones who stood out and shone brighter than the rest and of course those who ar
Anaee
Jul 09, 2015 Anaee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Mei, she's not really confident but she's being honest with herself and that's the best kind of adorable there is. And Yamato is such an amazing guy and boyfriend, I want one!

Totally thought Mei would at least get to the second place but yeah, after reading the comments of the poll, it was better.
I totally liked the first draft of Mei's outfit though, but Yamato's chosen outfit was perfect, this style really suits him.

PS: It's always nice to read the afterwords.
Laura Martinelli
The thing with a lot of the high school romance manga series that I’ve read so far is that there is a lot of filler with varying amounts of character development involved. (Additionally, doesn’t help when I read them back to back, because details start to bleed together.) But the thing is that it never really feels to me like the manga’s dragging its feet behind when ideally we could have wrapped things up in one volume instead of lingering on one or two events.

So far, Volume 8 is the only that’
Lex (Fastidious Reader)
I love Mei's look for this Festival! :) Yay! She's so cute. :)

Hah. I'm reading my mangas right now so I could catch up with my Reading Challenge. :D
Joti
Mehsi
Thankfully this was a volume without too much of Megumi, but dear Lord, do I still hate the girl for what she did in this manga. Mei also isn't helping with her weak attitude.

The manga and the story were great, we see Yamato and Mei grow a bit closer, we see how much Mei cares about Yamato, but also her fears. I loved the contest and the results, it is amazing that that happened and I am delighted for Mei, though I can also imagine why she reacted like that at the end. She tried so hard, battle
Bianca Cassie
I love Yamato so much it makes me want to cry.

WHY CAN'T HE BE REAL? I WANT HIM.
Rebecca
I was initially going to rate this one lower than volume seven, but Hazuki makes Mei so real that I found myself flashing back to my own (horrible) high school days and being in her shoes. I could never have done what Mei did in this volume, but I could feel her emotions. Despite them being negative ones, that's one of the best compliments I can give.
Cassie
This was a cute addition to the manga. Mei tried to overcome her fears and stood on the stage with her strength. she was cute and Yamato's older brother was awesome as well :)
Francisca
Estan demasiado adictivos estos mangas, me encanta :3 aunque siempre adivino lo que pasará siento que no puedo darle menos calificación dsjglhsdk
Karine
Very cute, we really got to see Mei's character grow in the volume, already started volume 9!
Stephanie
Mei-chan looked so cute. I was kind of disappointed in the results although I knew they were coming. But I seriously though she would get 2nd place. Also, Yamato-kun is such a good boyfriends seriously. They miss so much of his best sides on the anime. The manga really shows him more.
I swear Megumi-chan better back of or they is gonna be trouble! I know she still like Yamato but if I were in her position and I liked him and I knew he had a girlfriend. I would cancel the date. It's not fair to m
BubbleTea734
A whole lot of nothing happened in this volume. Just meh.
Kimi
Poor Mei-chan!! She tried so hard. I can't wait for the next volume!!!
Adriana
Yamato's contest clothes tho...
Amy Gideon
I liked this volume the best so far. I like Mei more and more with each volume.
Jenni
Mei was so cute during the festival and at the school contest :)
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jul 29, 2015
  • アオハライド [Ao Haru Ride] 3 (Blue Spring Ride, #3)
  • L-DK, Vol. 09
  • Hiyokoi 10
  • Youko x Boku SS (Youko X Boku #3)
  • The One, Volume #8
  • オオカミ少女と黒王子 [Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji] 3 (Wolf Girl and Black Prince, #3)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 18 (Maid-sama!, #18)
  • ひるなかの流星 [Hirunaka no Ryuusei] 3 (Daytime Shooting Star, #3)
かなえ 葉月 is a manga artist and writer from Chigasaki, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan , born in 1980 September.
More about Kanae Hazuki...

Suki-tte Ii na yo (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 1
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 7
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 9
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 10
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 11
Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 1 Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 2 Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 4 Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 3 Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 5