Start by marking “Blake's 7: The Forgotten” as Want to Read:
Blake's 7: The Forgotten

Blake's 7: The Forgotten (Blake's 7 - Books and Ebooks #1)

At the very edge of the Federation lies an area of space that doesn't appear on any star chart. No one has ventured there for decades. No one knows it even exists. The Forgotten are waiting. Under attack from a fleet of Federation ships commanded by Space Commander Travis, Roj Blake and his band of freedom fighters pilot the Liberator into a strange, nebulous cloud. ...more
Published May 8th 2012 by Big Finish Productions, Ltd. (first published April 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Blake's 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blake's 7

Vivienne
May 25, 2012 Vivienne rated it really liked it
I watched Blake's 7 as a child, but can barely remember the era when Blake was in charge of the ship. As such I approached this book with some trepidation. Would I remember enough to follow it? Would I enjoy it? I'm not a huge fan of space set sci fi, so that last point was uncertain. But I needn't have worried. It captures the essence of the TV series well, and is particularly strong on its characterisation of the crew. As I read it I remembered more and more from over 30 years ago, and grew to ...more
Stephen Henning
The Forgotten is a very enjoyable book which, as other reviewers may have commented on, reads like the novelization of a televised Blake's 7 story.

It is similar (probably deliberately) in style to Target's range of Doctor Who books in the 1970s and 1980s. For any Blake's 7 fan, how can you not be excited by that?

I love Blake's 7 and I so desperately wanted a novel that would do justice to its legacy and make me feel as though I was reading a missing adventure.

The Forgotten starts off really well
Philip
Aug 12, 2015 Philip rated it really liked it
Dear ole B7, they've threatened to resurrect it for decades now and all they ever managed were some audio plays in the 90's with the original cast and some ghastly novellas written by Tony Attwood (whoever he is).

Since then we've had an all noo dog audio plays with new actors (which I've not heard) and..........these. Dr Who moved well into the printed word and it would appear so have B7.

This book could easily (as already noted by some readers)have been a missing episode, such is the accurate c
Scott
Jun 30, 2012 Scott rated it it was ok
I have not seen an episode of Blake's 7 in at least twenty years. I remmebr it as being a slightly higher budgeted and more adult version of Doctor Who (and a quick search of IMDB shows they shared a lot of writers and directors.)

This book synches well with my memories of the show with the characters rtanging from the cynical Avon to the cowardly Vila well characterised. The authors clearly had a major issue trying to work out what to do with all of the regulars from the television show so one s
William Cameron
Aug 01, 2012 William Cameron rated it really liked it
The first of a series of NEW Blakes Seven adventures. All original tales set during the
TV Series years (will anybody tackle Post Series? - I somehow doubt it. but anyway).

As the first novel goes, this one is damned good actually. The writers know the shown and write the characters like they were, from Avon's coldness to Villas skittishness, etc. Tone for tone on target. This story takes place during the first season, so the entire crew is there (and to be fair GAN and JENNA don't get a whole h
Andrew
May 07, 2016 Andrew rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
Ok, so my Goodreads friends are raving about "All the light we cannot see" and I just read a Blake's Seven book. What can I tell you!

A light read and a nostalgic one, it was written as an indulgence for (and to make some money from) the childhood fans of the 78-81 BBC TV series. It is probably lucky to be a 3 star book standalone (a number of clanging clichés), but for me it gets 4 stars as it captures pleasingly well the feel of the early episodes of the series (it seems to have been set somewh
D.J. Kettlety
May 08, 2015 D.J. Kettlety rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blake-s-7
For me the sign of a good TV tie-in starts with the voices of the main characters. If I can hear the original performer’s voices in my head as I read then the book goes a long way to achieving the intention of expanding that world. If they sound right and behave correctly then you can escape into the adventure. Not only could I hear the original cast as I read the dialogue in ‘The Forgotten’ the characters were as I remembered them , to the extent that even the prose, when presenting a ...more
Caseyazalea
Really does feel like a first series episode, only with better scenes for Vila, which makes me love it more than I might have otherwise. The doomsday-weapon plot device seems a bit improbable, and Travis' role in the plot seemed rather un-Travis-like, but the dialogue and the idealogical questions raised are pure Blake's 7.
Robert H
Nov 07, 2012 Robert H rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book really took me back to the first season of Blakes 7 - something I haven't watched in many years. All of the original crew were present, and were still working out their relationships with each other, but that also made for an enjoyable story.

The pacing was faster in some parts than in others, but overall this could easily have made an episode for the show.
Craig Andrews
Sep 11, 2012 Craig Andrews rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Brilliant Blake's 7 book. It felt like a two parter from the original show. No written effect or description was out of place. The only thing that didn't feel quite right was the visible description of bullet wounds as the show would have looked away but this is necessary in prose. Can't wait for the next one (but I'll have to, it's not out till November)...
Barry Bridges
Jun 17, 2012 Barry Bridges rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
As the first book in the new Big Finish series of Blake's 7 original novels this wasn't a bad start. The story was fast paced and all the characters (except may be Jenna) were used to their full potential. A few discrepancies with lore but I'm not going to complain when it's just good to see B7 back in print!!
Andrea
Jan 25, 2016 Andrea rated it really liked it
Good book. Another one that I could visualize quite well as an episode. I did like the little bits of how Gan and Travis were affected by the nebula. It's too bad Travis' mutoids didn't make it into the nebula, it would have been interesting to see how they would have fared.
Dave Lefevre
Dec 16, 2012 Dave Lefevre rated it really liked it
As long as you judge this book for what it is, a TV show tie-in that's the story of an untelevised story, it's pretty good. It's for Blakes 7 fans that would like another story.
Bob Furnell
Aug 24, 2016 Bob Furnell rated it really liked it
I thought it was an very good B7 story and a great story to start the line of novels. Maybe not the best story in the world, but not the worst either.
A S BUTLER
A S BUTLER rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2016
Walter
Walter rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2012
Duncan Steele
Duncan Steele rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2015
John Michael
John Michael rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2014
Untreed Reads
Untreed Reads rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2012
Adam F. Werner
Adam F. Werner rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2014
Gareth Lloyd
Gareth Lloyd rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2013
Chip
Chip rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2012
James Paul
James Paul rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2013
Anthony Bracken
Anthony Bracken rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2016
rachelish Slater
rachelish Slater rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2016
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2014
Lynn Clark
Lynn Clark rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Richard Daubney
Richard Daubney rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Ian
Ian rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2015
Adie
Adie rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2013

Blake's 7 - Books and Ebooks (8 books)
  • Blake's 7: Archangel
  • Blake's 7: Lucifer
  • Blake's 7: Anthology
  • Blake's 7: Lucifer: Revelation
  • Blake's 7: Criminal Intent
  • Genesis (Lucifer Book 3)
  • Blake's 7: Mediasphere