Start by marking “Firefight in Darkness (Dryad Quartet #2)” as Want to Read:
Firefight in Darkness (Dryad Quartet #2)

Firefight in Darkness (Dryad Quartet #2)

Her name was Blythe, and she was Fire.

She fought for what she believed in, and wouldn’t hesitate to unleash the fire in her blood on anyone who threatened those she loved.

But when an alarming truth is revealed regarding the one man she’s both hated and longed for her entire life, she finds herself in an awkward position of both acceptance and denial. But whichever way sh
Published May 2012 by Sapphire Royale Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Firefight in Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Firefight in Darkness

Cassie
Not sure it can get better than a Fiery red head serving up demon on a platter!

Katie Jennings has out done herself again on the second installment of The Dryad Quartet, Firefight in Darkness! Once again we are brought back to the world of Euphora, but only for a short while. Blythe’s journey will take her on a dangerous adventure to earth, where she literally hunts down the demons of her past. Once Blythe finds out that the creature who has been ruining lives on Euphora (the lives of people she
Joni
Aug 31, 2012 Joni rated it it was amazing
Firefight delivers fantastically!

After reading Breath of Air, I couldn't wait to read this second book in the Dryad Quartet. Firefight in Darkness is a story that is as fiery and feisty as the main character, Blythe. Jennings has once again managed to create a merging of both fantasy and modern day worlds that both sweep you away while engulfing you in her passionate characters. Get ready for an action-packed fantasy that has it all!
Sara Daniell
Jun 30, 2012 Sara Daniell rated it it was amazing
Katie, you did it again. This book was awesome. I was never bored for a second! Truly a page turner. I am so amazed by your writing style! So full of detail. Great job!

P.S. Jax is total swoon worthy. :)
Toi Thomas
Jun 23, 2013 Toi Thomas rated it liked it
I give this book a 3, almost a 3 1/2.

This is the second book in the Dryad Quartet to tell the story of an orphan, but these two characters are as different as night and day. When I read Breath of Air, I knew I’d like to have a friend like Capri, but when it came to connecting with a character, Blythe would be the one to win me over. I like Blythe for so many reasons, but for some reasons I’ll try to explain, I didn’t like her story as much.

First off, I should say that I do like this book and am
Sorcha O'Dowd
‘Firefight in Darkness’ is the second book in the Dryad Quartet, and is another wonderful piece of art that I find it hard to express just how much I loved it!

I loved reading from Blythe’s point of view, and it was such a dramatic change from Capri’s sweet and innocent narrative in ‘Breath of Air’, that I’m very impressed with how Katie Jennings managed to switch between the two narratives so flawlessly. I loved the differences in how I connected to the characters when switching to Blythe’s view
Saul Tanpepper
Jun 18, 2012 Saul Tanpepper rated it it was amazing
As intriguing and unique as was Breath of Air, Katie Jennings’ 1st book in the Dryad Quartet series (and, incidentally, her debut novel), her second installment, Firefight in Darkness, manages to impress even more. The two books, a contrasting study in both thematic expansion and literary chiasmus, highlights Jennings’ strength and flexibility as a writer.

The writing is fresh, polished and composed. The editing is very clean. The storyline is well done, a very nice and perfectly suspenseful arc
A.R. Meyering
Feb 20, 2014 A.R. Meyering rated it it was amazing
Firefight in Darkness, the second installment to romantic and enchanting fantasy series "The Dryad Quartet", was a novel that pulled me in and held tight until the very end. After finishing "Breath of Air" I was so excited to start this novel since Blythe was my absolute favorite character in the previous book. She absolutely did not disappoint as a protagonist, and the way that she developed and progressed through the story without compromising the qualities that made me love her to begin was v ...more
Natalie Gibson
Jul 03, 2012 Natalie Gibson rated it it was amazing
Second in the series and so much better. I liked Breath of Air, the first in the Dryad Quartet, but I loved Firefight in Darkness. I love how everything was reversed for the two main characters. Capri grew up an orphan in the human world and then was thrown into the fae world. Blythe grew up with fae and was thrown into the human world. Capri had to learn everything from her long lost dad. Blythe had to teach everything to her long lost dad. Capri is timid and airy. Blythe is bold and fiery.
The
A.D. Trosper
Jul 27, 2012 A.D. Trosper rated it really liked it
I loved Breath of Air and eagerly dove into this book to see what happened next. Jennings didn't disappoint. Although Blythe isn't my favorite character, I still liked getting to see things from her point of view. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to revisit the characters again and Jennings made sure to touch on all of them at some point in the book. Blythe herself is a little too high strung and emotional for me and at times it just seemed a bit over the top, which is why this book gets a four star ...more
Kyra Dune
Feb 21, 2013 Kyra Dune rated it really liked it
At first I was a little thrown by the fact that this book focuses on Blythe instead of Capri, but then I got into it and I enjoyed it as much as the first book in the series. Blythe is fierce and feisty. This book is full of action, romance, danger, and demons. It was a fun ride and I especially liked the big fight toward the end. There is a lot of cursing in it, however, so if you find that offensive you might want to pass this one by.
Deborah
Jul 22, 2012 Deborah rated it really liked it
Book two of the Dryad Quartet is about feisty and full of attitude Blythe who has the power of fire. She must deal with feelings about her father while wanting revenge on a powerful demon. Blythe must work with the handsome Jax, demon hunter to hunt down the demon.
Full of adventure and passion "Firefight in Darkness" can stand alone but proves to be a great companion the "Breath of Air."
Beth Osborne
Jun 07, 2012 Beth Osborne rated it really liked it
Nice follow up book to Breath of Air....again an easy read and a really great summer book. Read Breath of Air first...the book stands on it own but if you're going to read it you might as well read them in order and understand how the characters develop to the point where Firefight in Darkness begins.
Felipa
May 28, 2012 Felipa rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!! very well written and kept me glued to the book! Jax cowboy bounty hunter, she has a fire personalaty... How they fall for each other it's breath taking I read this book in 1 day.
Daydream Books
Mmm, Jax that is all I am saying.
Jackie Bryant
Oct 30, 2012 Jackie Bryant rated it it was amazing
So addicting! I love Blythe! I am loving the details and the different characters.
Krissy
Apr 07, 2013 Krissy rated it really liked it
Second book in the series, first one I read.

Really liked the world. Definitely have to read the rest of the series.
Gayla Glass
Aug 27, 2012 Gayla Glass rated it really liked it
I liked Breath of Air, but it was much slower paced than the second. I Love Blythe and Jax. I was happy to see Blythe figure out who Bristol really was. Wish we could have more of their story!
Lindsay
Aug 30, 2012 Lindsay rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Second book in the series and it still keeps you inthralled! The fire dryad in this book has spunk and is fun and keeps the book fun, and entertaining.
Brielle
Brielle rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Sylver
Sylver rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2012
Sonia Davis
Sonia Davis rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2015
Jo
Jo rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2013
Ummi Hamma
Ummi Hamma rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2015
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2013
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2014
Enigma Monkey
Enigma Monkey rated it liked it
May 31, 2013
Kimberlie
Kimberlie rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2012
Courtney
Courtney rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2014
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2013
Haidee
Haidee rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Battle Scars (Elemental, #2)
  • Shattered Into Beautiful (A Surviving Soul Novel)
  • Abigail
  • The Book of Faeyore (Frost, #0.5)
  • Ghost Hold (The PSS Chronicles, #2)
  • A Matter of Trust
  • Soul Awakened (Reincarnation #1)
  • Doll Parts
  • Familiar Things (A Book of All Hollows, #1)
  • Beyond the Sea (Shades of the Sea, #1)
  • The Coming Storm (The Coming Storm, #1)
  • Indigo Instinct (Indigo, #2)
  • Destiny Redeemed  (The Destined Ones #2)
  • Dark Before Dawn
  • Poe: 19 New Tales of Suspense, Dark Fantasy, and Horror Inspired by Edgar Allan Poe
  • Escaping Destiny (Tapestry Chronicles, #1)
  • Hyacinth (Svatura, #2)
  • Vrin: Ten Mortal Gods
Katie Jennings is the author of the popular fantasy series The Dryad Quartet as well as the award-winning romantic family drama series The Vasser Legacy. Her paranormal romance, So Fell The Sparrow, won an Honorable Mention in the 2014 Readers’ Favorite International Book Awards. Her bestselling contemporary romance, Things Lost In The Fire, is a semi-finalist in romance in the Kindle Book Awards. ...more
More about Katie Jennings...

Dryad Quartet (4 books)
  • Breath of Air (Dryad Quartet #1)
  • A Life Earthbound (Dryad Quartet #3)
  • Of Water and Madness