Start by marking “The Mage's Toy (Aria Afton Presents)” as Want to Read:
The Mage's Toy (Aria Afton Presents)

The Mage's Toy (Aria Afton Presents)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Weaving apprentice Jennia Wick and traveling mage Antony Onyx strike a bargain. She needs to escape an arranged marriage, and he needs an assistant to demonstrate his enchanted sex toys.

In the sizzling exhibitions inside Antony's show tent, the toys pleasure them but they never touch one another. After all, Jennia is marrying her childhood sweetheart, if she can find him.
Published May 10th 2012 by Sans Culotte Press

To ask other readers questions about The Mage's Toy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mage's Toy

April
This is a quick read but surprisingly well crafted. It has a great story that is well fleshed out. I was easily enthralled from the beginning.

The fantasy elements are interesting, smexy magic toys, oh my!! Plenty of steam here. Mostly solo action with the toys. Loads of voyeurism! Hawt!! Be ready for a cold shower!

The story is a mixed narrative, mostly from the POV of the two leads. It gives plenty of insights into the dynamic of the relationship. It has a nice build to the feelings and made the
Purr More, Censor Less
I had already read Lovers and Beloveds by this author and I really liked it, so when I saw this book pop up on a giveaway I figured it was a no-brainer. I was also interested to see what the author could do with a shorter work. Lovers and Beloveds (An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom) is a long novel, while the Mage's Toy is a novella.

Well, I have to say I did enjoy this story. And yes, there was a story. It is an erotic romance novella but you definitely get a good story and a romance al
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Jennia Wick is Weaver apprentice with one week left in her contract before attaining membership into Weaver's Guild. Jennia is made an offer by Master Romnel and his son that she simply has to refuse which only means that she'll never attain guild membership. Antony Onyx, a member of Mage Guild, sees a young woman running away offers her shelter for the time being in his wagon. Antony is intrigued by Jennia and her story. Antony doesn't want trouble from the Weaver and Mage Guilds for harboring ...more
Susanne
Looking for a hot and sexy short fantasy story? This is it. I don't often read fantasy, but I thought the idea of the mage's toys was unique. I've also never seen Deus ex machina used in a positive way before. A fun, enjoyable read.
Amanda
The Mage's Toy is such a great short fantasy story. Short enough to fit into one sitting yet leaves a lasting impression. Very unique and interesting themes within make it an enjoyable read. A nice, fun read. I'll definitely be keeping a hold of my copy to revisit the story again. I recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of erotic fantasy work and short stories.
Wahiaronkwas David
MeiLin Miranda
May 11, 2012 MeiLin Miranda added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-writing
I wrote it. :)
S.
S. marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Dave Olsher
Dave Olsher marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Chesspalomino
Chesspalomino marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
NewAppleBookAwards
NewAppleBookAwards marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Ellie Red
Ellie Red marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2013
Jessi Szigethy
Jessi Szigethy marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2013
Vinita
Vinita marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2013
Mac
Mac marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Kate Sherrod
Kate Sherrod marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2013
MeiLin Miranda writes literary fantasy and science fiction set in Victorian worlds. Her love of all things 19th century (except for the pesky parts like cholera, child labor, slavery and no rights for women) has consumed her since childhood, when she fell in a stack of Louisa May Alcott and never got up.

MeiLin wrote nonfiction for thirty years, in radio, television, print and the web. She always w
More about MeiLin Miranda...
Lovers and Beloveds Son in Sorrow The Machine God (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #3) An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom, Book One: The Tale of Two Kingdoms Scryer's Gulch Episodes 1-10: Annabelle Arrives