Start by marking “She Who Hunts” as Want to Read:

She Who Hunts

Tenna Massey's past is about to catch up with her. For eighteen years she’s carefully crafted a normal life. When an assassination attempt shatters that illusion, she’s forced to accept her true identity. As the prophesied demon huntress, she may be the only one powerful enough to stop a recent string of murders.

She has two choices now: kill or be killed. Tenna must decid
Paperback
Published April 23rd 2012 (first published July 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about She Who Hunts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She Who Hunts

mad4rombks
Sep 10, 2014 mad4rombks marked it as books-never-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Nope. Not for me. Have never read this author, don't own any of her books and after seeing her racist comments on her FB page and on Twitter today, I have no desire to ever read anything by her. May she and her hatred be happy together.

Denise
Nov 01, 2012 Denise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She Who Hunts
by C.L. Parks (Goodreads Author)
(Synopsis from Goodreads)

"Tenna Massey’s husband is possessed, and may be the one responsible for the string of murders in her community. Only a demon Hunter can stop him, and unfortunately for Tenna, she comes from a long line of them, a legacy she ran away from years ago.

If Tenna chooses to become the Hunter she was destined to be, it will mean stepping back into the world she thought she'd left behind for good. Worse, it will mean killing the man
Riayl
Humanity fail. No thanks.
Stephanie
Jul 21, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review and as part of a blog tour. The fact that this book is based on demon hunting was the thing that first drew me to it, I love supernatural so the word "Hunters" has a certain pull for me. I enjoyed the differences in the Deomons and Hunters in this book as opossed to other books and shows I have watched/read, especially the blessed sword disguised as a tattoo, giving easy access to it without having to carry it around ...more
Diana
Jun 14, 2014 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book at no cost to read and give an review, which I did in SSLY Blog in May but I forgot to post it here.

Reading this book was a treat. I just wanted to put that out there up front. The story line, a kickass female huntress, is not new but the fact that she hunts and kills demons . . . also not too new. What is enchanting is the world C L Parks builds around her. It is a little different in that she is feared by both her own and the demons, not for who she is right then but beca
Sandra Love
Apr 22, 2014 Sandra Love rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**Received a copy exchange for an honest review**

I love paranormal books, I love the excitement of reading in that genre. This book is by far my favorite paranormal book!! The author is a genius. The details and descriptions were so interesting and intriguing. What C.L. does in this book is grip the reader and holds on. I couldn’t put this book down. I had to know what happened next.

The characters in this book were lovable and very believable. Tenna is a strong character and also my favorite!
Michelle (meshe)
Tenna Massey is a Demon Hunter. In fact she's the fulfillment of a prophesy and is know among the Family as the Dark Slayer. Her mother and father were Hunters and were killed when she was a young child. Instead of the Family taking her in to care for her she was let go into the foster care system. She hasn't forgiven them. Now she's an adult and her husband is possessed by a Demon and trying his best to kill her. Will she fulfill the prophesy and be the Dark Slayer or will she run and hide?

I re
Scott
Aug 15, 2012 Scott rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-reviews
She Who Hunts is the story of a young woman who finds her husband possessed by a demon looking to kill her. Tenna's family has a long history of being demon hunters, but she walked away from that lifestyle following the tragic death of her parents. There is also a pesky prophecy that has the potential to be about her which seems to now be making her a target for all kinds of demons. Luckily the local hunters are stepping in to help protect her while she figures out what to do.

The book has a roma
Has
Sep 09, 2014 Has marked it as books-to-avoid  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wtfery
Not for me and I refuse to support an author who tweets me beheading pic of a murdered journalist.
Dirlas
Dec 09, 2015 Dirlas rated it really liked it
I won this book in a giveaway and I am extremely glad I won! I didnt know what to expect from this book but it blew me away. This book is amazing! This book grabs you by the throat from the opening pages and keeps you captivated until you've reached the thrilling, satisfying conclusion. The novel moves at breakneck speed and the writing is smooth and clean. The first-person narrative was an excellent choice to tell Tenna's story. I hope this book is the first in a series, because I would love to ...more
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Jul 05, 2012 Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA/Adult
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: CL Parks Author
10*s..What an awesome read!! Poor Claire has had a rough life but she is full of spunk, and attitude and thats what kept my attention in this book. But of course like most stories, we are left hanging and I am EXTREMELY excited and impatiently waiting and wanting MORE!! I also wanted to add that when I read the description on smashwords.com I knew that I had to have this book!! An awesome action packed story about a demon hunter and a MUST read!! Thank you, CL Parks for this fabulous read!!

The a
Kami
Hunters of demons were always male until Tenna's mother. Tenna is the legendary Huntress from a prophecy. Her parents are killed in front of her when she is 6 years old and she is sent to live with humans. Fans of Supernatural will probably enjoy this book. I thought the pacing was a little off. The writing is pretty good but I felt it could use some more polish to be perfect. The story was interesting and it held my attention. I liked Tenna. There seemed to be a lot of explanation and expositio ...more
Nerdy
Jul 27, 2016 Nerdy added it
This book kept me fascinated from page one all the way to the end. There is a thrilling action throughout She Who Hunts that will keep any reader on their toes, wildly flipping through the pages. The story is about Tenna, a young demon hunter, who is just coming into her real power. Author Christy Parks is so multi-faceted in her writing that she nearly covers all genres in this one book. Parks gives us horror and gore, family betrayal mixed with supernatural forces, love and romance, and the ne ...more
Marissa
Really great book. A few typos which is why I gave it four stars instead of five. But now I'm left with the question… when does the next book come out? (; I would definitely recommend this book to readers that like a strong female character, are getting SICK of love triangles (like me), love to read about the supernatural, and/or fans of Diana Rowland's demon series.
*note: i recieved a free copy of this through First Reads(:
Stephani
Aug 07, 2012 Stephani rated it it was amazing
OMG OMG OMG. Loved this book...ALOT. C.L. Parks I WANT MORE!!!! Dont mean to get all excited about it, but I enjoyed this book from the moment I opened it until I had to close it. Fantastically awesome!!! Easy to read, main characters are loveable and a bit sexy, loads of sex appeal, loads of action, awesomeness!!!!! So looking forward to the next installment!!! PLEASE??? Must read, Must read MUST READ!!!

Ashe
Aug 28, 2012 Ashe rated it liked it
I haven't read a book that deals with demons and hell in a long time so it was sort of a nice change.
The plot was original so there's a big thumbs up for that. Not everyone can do that nowadays.
However, much of it could easily be anticipated and it didn't make me hold my breath like other books have. More could've been done to improve.
Still, I enjoyed reading it though.

*I won this book on First Reads*
Kaila
Jul 20, 2016 Kaila rated it it was amazing
This was seriously amazing. I love demons and loved how they were a part of Tenna's life even though she never chose it. Tenna is an amazing character.. Her love, her life, her wanting to be an outcast because the other hunters didn't want her. I loved her "uncle and aunt". I felt so bad for them.. and yet not bad for them at the same time. This was a very fast paced story that kept me interested and I loved the writing so much. Tenna was wonderful. She had her own problems and had her own wants ...more
Amanda
Apr 26, 2016 Amanda marked it as nope  ·  review of another edition
Won't be supporting racists authors. [x] [x]
Genevieve Scholl
The BEST paranormal book I've read! Nothing compares to it! Tenna is kick-a** and her friends are hot! Sadness, excitement, sarcastic comments, and hot hot sexual tension! Amazing.
Brei-ayn
Aug 13, 2012 Brei-ayn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
i loveeeeee this book. i love the characters tenna, jason, and russell. i couldnt put this book down and i can not wait for the second book. CL Parks is an amazing author :)
Beth Allen
Sep 04, 2012 Beth Allen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My review is up at Pure Textuality:

Erin
Nov 11, 2012 Erin rated it liked it
Brian Lane
Jun 03, 2016 Brian Lane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-by-me
This is my first real foray into the books and the mind of CL Parks and it was a good trip. The writing is crisp with solid descriptive prowess that leads the reader on a fun adventure through this story. I was impressed with the plotlines and the banter between characters as they learned about their feelings and wants.

In this story, the reader meets a confused and angry young lady, Tenna, who is a social outcast, mostly by her own choice. She witnessed some horrid murders when she was young. A
Jane
Jul 22, 2014 Jane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 Stars

She Who Hunts is an action book about a young woman who was born a demon hunter, but after the death of her parents when she was six years old she was brought up away from the life she was born into. As she reached adulthood it was clear she couldn’t escape her destiny. The demons found her, even though she wasn’t prepared for them and the hunters who had abandoned her at six had no option but to train and protect her.

This story was okay but there were some things that really irritated me
Crystal Clifton
Nov 08, 2012 Crystal Clifton rated it it was amazing
I was given this book as a gift from the Author Christy Parks.

OK I have no idea why it took me so long to read this book other than I have a large TBR pile. I was so engrossed in the story about Tenna, Jason, Russell and all the other characters in this book I hated to have to put it down each night.

I don't know what I would have done if I found out my husband was possessed by a demon and that I was going to have to be The Chosen One to put it to death. She Who Hunts has a lot of excitement, Lov
Sage
Sep 23, 2016 Sage rated it it was amazing
So I really loved the book. I could relate to the characters. Family struggles and demon hunting. A hot love interest too. Really people give the author a chance, read her book and think for yourself who cares what others say or what they think I understood about her from her Facebook page.
Edward II
Sep 17, 2014 Edward II rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read. It's not my usual choice. Something I sort of read on a whim. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. the author is descriptive and imaginative.... C.L. Parks has a big future in the literary world.
djdavis~*Sivad*Sex Pocket
Review coming soon
Lara Lynn
Sep 11, 2014 Lara Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! The characters are all written in such a way that you almost believe they are real and not fictional. This book is suspenseful and full of surprises. Christy Parks is an excellent author and a kind, upstanding individual. Her books are worth reading!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Vardin Village
  • Last Flight Out
  • A Proper Charlie
  • Quinn (Undaunted Men, #1)
  • The Firelight of Maalda (Legend of the Raie'Chaelia, #2)
  • Split River
  • Bonereapers
  • Dragonbride
  • NOT A BOOK: The Auction Deal
  • The World Rose
  • Fire Season (Frank Coffin Mysteries, #3)
  • Uncaged
  • Thaloc Has a Body (Brodie Wade, #2)
  • The Gaze
  • Suicide Ride: The Fix (Suicide Ride #2)
  • Spectaccolo
  • Lie To Me (Black Opals #2)
  • Amulet of Elusion (The Lost Amulet Chronicles, #1)