Start by marking “Find Me (Find Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
Find Me (Find Me, #1)

Find Me (Find Me #1)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,541 Ratings  ·  468 Reviews
“Find Me.”

These are the words written on Tessa Waye’s diary. The diary that ends up with Wick Tate. But Tessa’s just been found . . . dead.

Wick has the right computer-hacking skills for the job, but little interest in this perverse game of hide-and-seek. Until her sister Lily is the next target.

Then Griff, trailer-park boy next door and fellow hacker, shows up, intent on h
Published September 24th 2013 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Find Me, please sign up.

Glenn Stelson Some, it does the the F-word a few times, definitely a high school or even adult book.
Splintered by A.G. HowardTaken by Erin BowmanMILA 2.0 by Debra DrizaThe Madman’s Daughter by Megan ShepherdThe Cadet of Tildor by Alex Lidell
YA Debuts 2013
70th out of 513 books — 2,461 voters
Fangirl by Rainbow RowellThe Dream Thieves by Maggie StiefvaterThe Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly BlackThe Burning Sky by Sherry ThomasUnited We Spy by Ally Carter
YA Books - Publishing September 2013
9th out of 85 books — 201 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily May

How can we all just keep swimming along when some of us are drowning?

The main question running through my mind after finishing Find Me is this: would I have liked it more if I hadn't worked out exactly who the culprit was about 25% into the book? Perhaps I would. Perhaps the exciting tension, some fast-paced action scenes towards the end and the author's sometimes engaging style would have been enough. But, if I'm being honest, I doubt it. I think the book lacks a certain spark to set it apar
Khanh (the Grinch)
There was no single element that was terrible about this book, but the plot and the characters just didn't combine to form a book that I found remotely plausible. The plot is weak, the main character is unlikeable, the mystery barely exists, because it was so predictable, the side characters are black-or-white. Beyond that, the best test for a book is my enjoyment...and I just didn't enjoy this book.

Summary: Wick Tate has had a hard life. Her mother is dead. Her father is a felon on the run (see
Giselle
Sep 10, 2013 Giselle rated it it was ok
Find Me has a fairly strong beginning with dashes of tense, well written scenes. This made me sure that it would be an entertaining read if nothing else, but unfortunately it ended up being mostly boring with too much of the same old same old.

My first problem with this book is character development - or the lack thereof. We're told Wick is this great hacker, a trait meant to impress but never felt genuine. All she does in this book is track an IP. Not only is the ability to dig up public informa
Fafa's Book Corner
Jan 04, 2016 Fafa's Book Corner rated it did not like it
Fafa's Book Corner (Wordpress)
Fafa's Book Corner (Blogger)

Beware spoilers ahead!

I first heard of this book in February 2015. It sounded interesting and I went through the reviews. Most of the one's I came across where unappealing. In December 2015 I decided to give it a try and added it to my shelf. After I put it on hold in the library I realized that this book may not be for me. But nonetheless I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy this.

The book begins
Jaclyn
Jul 10, 2013 Jaclyn rated it it was amazing
This book was AHH-MAY-ZING!!!! BEA 2013 in NYC was one of the best experiences ever. FIND ME was one of the reasons for that. I was so excited to get a copy and meet Romily herself, she couldn't have been nicer! This was the first book I read as soon as I got home and I have been trying to put into words how I feel about this book ever since. What I realized is that I kinda can't! It is unlike anything I have ever read in the YA genre. I also cant describe the plot any further than it's summary ...more
Natalie Parker
Jun 06, 2013 Natalie Parker rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
I don’t usually read books in one sitting. When I was little, this was because I was loathe to finish and leave the world of that book. If I parceled out the pages, I could stay within them for a few days longer. So, I read sparingly because even at the age of eight or nine or whatever I was, I knew there was no going back to the magic of a first read.

Now that I’m beyond those early reading years, I still do this. I’ll work slowly through a book for days only now the reasons are complicated by
Brad Sells
Aug 01, 2013 Brad Sells rated it it was amazing
Woah. This book, guys. Find Me is a captivating and wholly fantastic read that is impossible to put down. This book packs a punch, and I loved every single minute of it.

Hacker murder mystery? Yes please! I was looking forward to Find Me ever since I saw that awesome cover and a synopsis that sounded phenomenal. And believe me, this book lived up to all of my expectations and more. You will never find a book like this one - not only is Find Me unique and original, the characters are so clever and
Jennifer McQuiston
Feb 17, 2013 Jennifer McQuiston rated it it was amazing
Truth in advertising: I am Romily's critique partner, and I have had an incredible sneak peak at Find Me. This YA hacker story will absolutely blow you away... Romily as a way with words that will leave you stunned. Cannot recommend enough!
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)

Throughout the summer, I’ve been repeating that romance is pretty much the only thing that can hold my attention, but now I’m pretty sure I’ve been foolish not to include more psychological thrillers to my reading list. Find Me is almost ridiculously engaging, compulsively readable and well-written. While some predictability was certainly an issue, the details remained a mystery up until the very end, and the short chapters combined with an excellent pacing gave me no time to breathe at
Julie Hebert
LOVE IT!!

First I have to say I won this book via goodreads, was waiting for it for 2 months before contacting the author (who is reallllly nice!!!!) the first book was probably lost, the 2nd one arrive 2 days after I contacted her!

*Also, english is my 2nd language so please dont mind my writing :)

-> I was too busy too read this book faster and I was always thinking about it! A real page turner full of suspense and plot twists! I was actually scared on some parts of the book!

I love all the ca
Sally Kilpatrick
Wow.

Disclaimer time: I critique with Romily. But here's why I'm giving you the wow. I read this book before she had an agent and before she sold the book. It sunk it's teeth into me and didn't let go. I knew this book was going to sell. Last night, I told myself I was going to start the rereading process so I could write an awesome review.

About that.

Yeah, I had to read the whole book in one sitting. Again.

There's something about caustic Wick that I absolutely love. As a narrator, she's probably
Jessie
Jun 02, 2013 Jessie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
That was AMAZING! Nonstop and what a page turner!! That was pure brilliant and the suspense... Wow. And for the record ... I KNEW IT I KNEW IT- kinda. If you like a mystery book with a kickass lead, this is your book.

I didn't know what to expect from this book and I was actually skeptical going in, but I was blown away. I started this book at 9 and probably finished at 11. I had to finish this and after I was done with the book, I was upset that it was over. That's when I messaged the author an
Leah
Review goes live on the blog 9/20!

I don't want to jinx myself, but I've been having insanely good luck lately with Young Adult Thrillers. Before I began blogging, thrillers were my go-to reads, but I never thought to try them in a YA flavor.

Wick Tate doesn't have a whole lot going for her: her felon father is on the run, cops are trying to squeeze information out of her, she's on her fourth set of foster parents, and her best friend acts like Wick no longer exists. The two bright sides to Wick'
Amy
Aug 13, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
I read FIND ME in one sitting. I began sometime after dark. While reading I became so engrossed with the story I knew there was absolutely no way I was going to be able to sleep until I finished the book. That said, I read until about 4 am and finished. I was completely sucked in the entire time and not once did I guess what happened. FIND ME was a refreshing novel to read because it's original and not like every other book that's out there right now. I definitely think everyone should read this ...more
Melanie
Thank you HarperTeen for sending me this copy. No compensation was given or taken to alter this review.

Find Me is one of those books that will keep you hooked throughout the whole book- despite a few minor flaws. The strong highlight definitely was in the characters however the romance was also a rather favourable aspect.

There is no point hiding it that I did make my expectations lower quite indeed-ly however I still believe that I would have enjoyed Romily's debut all the same. The story starts
Erin Arkin
Sep 08, 2013 Erin Arkin rated it it was amazing
Find Me by Romily Bernard blends a great story that includes a bit of mystery and some great characters that have made it onto my favorites list. It kept me turning the pages trying to figure out what happened to Tessa but also because I wanted to see what was going to happen next for Wick. I won't go into a ton of detail around the mystery here because I don't want to give anything away. Just know that the story blends in a bit of hacking (Wick/Griff), some high school shenanigans, and a buddin ...more
AH
This is a hard review for me to write. This could have been a really good book, however there were many things that were irritating to me as a reader and they diminished my enjoyment of the book.

First the Good: I liked how Tessa’s diary was incorporated into the narrative. This was, by far, my favorite part of the novel. You really get a feel for Tessa’s state of mind, her despair, and general lack of hope. I like how we slowly found out what happened to Tessa and why she committed suicide.

I als
Ridge Simmons
Jul 08, 2013 Ridge Simmons rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I desperately want a sequel!! It ended like there should be one! To kind of make this review a little long I have chosen to say a little more about this amazing book. This book completely through me across the room like a superman slap to the face. The killer ended up throwing me up a lot. I loved this book intensely and I love the hacker side of it. It is way better than The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo! Can't wait to read more from Romily!
Mayra Cuevas
Nov 13, 2013 Mayra Cuevas rated it it was amazing
Romily Bernard brings a fresh new voice to YA. I instantly fell in love with her main character Wick and was drawn into her world of hacking secrets. Bernard's crisp writing style makes her prose flow with ease from one scene to the next. I could not put it down!
Annette
Sep 15, 2013 Annette rated it really liked it
Anyone who follows my reviews will know that I don’t read many YA thrillers, because usually I find them sort of disappointing, but when I heard about Find Me I knew I had to give it a shot: how many YA books have you come across with a female hacker for the protagonist? Yep, that’s what I thought. Anyway, I’m pleased to say that Find Me was a great surprise all around.

Wicket Tate’s as unique as her name. She grew up on the bad side of town, abused by her dad the local criminal mastermind, and n
Shay
Give me a couple days to review... I'm in so much awe over this book that I think it'll take me a couple days to write down why I loved it!

***UPDATE***

See my full review at Shaytasticbooks <>Like my Facebook Page

... ... .. I am speechless. I don't know how I can convey to you guys and Judith from ILoveYAFiction how amazing and truly worth while this novel is. I'm still in awe over it. I got to get my feelings out there though because this book CAN NOT pass you up. By the end of this rev
Beth  (Curling Up With A Good Book)

OK When I first recieved an ARC of Find Me by Romily Bernard the first thing I noticed was the words at the top of the book...

"Come Out, Come Out,
Wherever You Are......"

I mean YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew immediately that this book was for me!! The cover is phenomenal. The words Find Me spread all over in a repeating fashion with the "image" of a young girl in the background. I love a good mystery and just looking at the cover told me that is what I was in for!

The first few chapters introduce you
Emily Anne
Sep 19, 2013 Emily Anne rated it really liked it
Find Me was a thrilling, unputdownable read! I loved, loved, loved it! I guarantee this novel will leave you mind blown with all it's suspense, action, and romance. Romily Bernard is top on my lists of authors to watch.

The beginning of the book is spectacular. We meet Wick, and already start to feel attached and invested in her story, and see the beginnings of an awesome plot unfold. There are many aspects: the suicide, Tessa, Wick's dad, Wick's new family, the "Find Me" note, and more! There is
Tessa
Aug 20, 2014 Tessa rated it it was amazing
ok, i need a minute. im still kinda freakin out since i just finished this.
...
...
I'm a little better now. OH MY HOLY MOLY FREAKING HECK! that was suspenseful. I freaking knew it! I guessed right but then I didn't want to be right and when I was I was like I KNEW IT oh crap o.o whew

I won this in a first reads giveaway so yeey for winning stuff and YEEY for that stuff actually being good! I was a little worried at first because I didn't feel like much was happening but if you just stick with it it
Kimberly Kincaid
May 15, 2013 Kimberly Kincaid rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read an ARC of this book, and even though it is a little outside the realm of what I'd normally pick up, I tore through it in one sitting. Bernard's voice is flawless for older YA, her characters are spot-on and deeply layered, and her plot had me clicking my e-reader as fast as it would go. I started to highlight phrases to use in the review, but honestly, there were so many brilliant ones that I'd have to quote half the book. Fresh twists kept coming and had me unable to ...more
Wendy Higgins
Wow. That was a wild ride. I don't want to say anything about my feelings on the ending, because I don't want any spoilers, but WOW. I really loved our strong MC, Wick (called Wicked by Griff, which I think is super cute, as is Griff). This is a suspenseful page-turner that'll keep you up dying to know who the bad guy is!!!
ஜLeahஜ
“Too bad I don't believe in heroes, super or otherwise.”

description
Wicket (Wick) has had a hard life and she sees things a little differently than most, she has to be her own hero, and Lily's, (her little sister) instead of waiting for someone else to be. Her mom has committed suicide and her dad is a drug dealing felon who only wants to use her for her hacking skills. She has serious trust issues, and with reason.

description

Plot: 8/5 It was both intriguing and confusing to me. The aspect of throwing in the diary ent
Sharon
Sep 02, 2013 Sharon rated it really liked it
Reviews: 3 1/2 out of 5 Stars

I was initially drawn to Find Me from the wonderful cover and intriguing synopsis, I love a good thriller/mystery and this seemed to be just the type of book I needed at this moment.

Computer hacker Wick Tate is a foster child living with her sister after the death of her mother and imprisonment of her criminal father. Now on the run after escaping prison, Wick fears his return and never really settles with her foster family despite their efforts to include and accept
Ashley
Jul 18, 2013 Ashley rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, e-arc
Nose Graze — Young Adult book reviews

4.5 Stars

HACKING?!?! THIS IS SO AN ASHLEY BOOK!!

I seek out hacking/computer/nerd/programmer books like a moth to the flame. For me, it's like a bonding session with my fellow epic computer nerds. It's awesome. And Find Me was just like that, but it also had a super cool mystery element to it!

I've read a few reviews where people said they "saw the twist coming". I have to admit, I didn't. Maybe it's because I was in denial (see spoiler at the end).. but eith
Cecily
Sep 11, 2012 Cecily rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of being a Golden Heart 2012 finalist with this author, and I can say definitively, Romily is one of the brightest, wittiest, most soulful authors I know.
No joke, every word she writes GLOWS!
Romily rocks the top of my auto-buy list!!!

BUY THIS BOOK!!!
Is there a clifhanger? 3 21 Feb 02, 2014 02:45PM
Crazy for Young A...: Find Me by Romily Bernard → Start Date: December 26, 2013 23 18 Dec 29, 2013 11:13AM
Blogger Lift: Romily Bernard (Find Me) 1 10 Sep 18, 2013 01:20PM
Interview With Author! 1 6 Sep 15, 2013 07:03PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Find Me by Romily Bernard - Starting August 26th 2013 13 20 Aug 26, 2013 06:20AM
  • Don't Look Now (PERSEF0NE, #2)
  • 3:59
  • The Brokenhearted (The Brokenhearted #1)
  • Undercurrent
  • The Paradox of Vertical Flight
  • Tumble & Fall
  • Premeditated
  • Hysteria
  • Dead Girls Don't Lie
  • Leap of Faith
  • Nearly Gone (Nearly Gone, #1)
  • The Cutting Room Floor
  • Truly, Madly, Deadly
  • Blackout (Blackout, #1)
  • Astray (Gated, #2)
  • The Witch Collector Part I
  • Canary
  • You Look Different in Real Life

Find Me (3 books)
  • Remember Me (Find Me, #2)
  • Trust Me (Find Me, #3)

“I gave him my best Whatever look. It usually makes guys back off. Actually, it usually makes them run for the hills, but this one just gets closer.” 10 likes
“I don't want to believe in a God who would turn his back on someone who needed him so much. Suicides, more than anyone, deserve God's love. They're the lost ones, the forgotten ones, the ones he's supposed to notice.

And did he? Did anyone?”