Start by marking “Kidnapped” as Want to Read:
Kidnapped

Kidnapped (Kidnapped)

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  66 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
It's a late winter night when Patricia Risden heads home in her car, on a road she's driven many times before. She doesn't have a care in the world, that is, until a man appears from nowhere, right in front of her.

The next thing she knows is being a prisoner of the unscrupulous Alliance Commander Travis 152; an intimidating man who demands information and complete coopera
ebook
Published May 11th 2012 by Desert Breeze Publishing (first published April 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Kidnapped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kidnapped

Linda
Aug 20, 2010 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a science fiction buff, and I always appreciate some new ideas. Too many books go around the same subject in slightly different ways, and it grows boring quickly. Also, too many books have as many pages describing technology and environment as the story itself. This author avoids falling into both traps.

I enjoy the story and the way the hero is both scary, scarred, and sexy. He's the kind of guy you'd want to see on TV! On the matter of sexy, I had expected the book to be a little less PG 13
Cathy Freeman
Jul 11, 2010 Cathy Freeman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes science fiction with some romance
Recommended to Cathy by: Found it on Amazon
Patricia Risden in in the wrong place at the wrong time, and she almost collides with a man who appears from nowhere in the middle of the road. Her car slides off the road and flips on the roof, and she is rendered unconscious by the impact. When she wakes up again, she is on a spacship, taken aboard by the Alliance Commander Travis 152.

Christi Snow
Jun 04, 2012 Christi Snow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Review:
I love a good sci fi adventure romance and this was definitely a good one. It started out a bit like the headlines from one of the checkout rags in the grocery store. A woman driving down a dark deserted road and almost hits a man. The next thing she knows, she's waking up imprisoned aboard a space ship. It seems the man that Patricia almost hit was part of a Rebel group trying to outrun Travis, an Alliance Commander. Travis thinks that because he saw Patricia with William (the Rebel)
Marlene
Originally posted at Reading Reality

Did you ever think that it might be fun if Scotty "beamed you up"?

I certainly did.

But that's not quite the way it works out for Patricia Risden in Kidnapped by Maria Hammarblad. Oh, Tricia gets "beamed up" all right. And imprisoned. Because the world of the Alliance is a lot colder and bleaker than the Federation.

And Alliance Commander Travis isn't like anyone on the Enterprise. Unless you're thinking of the Mirror universe Enterprise. The one where the univer
Angela
Oct 13, 2010 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to win this on goodreads that I started reading it as soon as I got it. It looked really interesting in the description about it. I love anything with romance, so I thought despite the scifi aspect of it that I normally save for the movie screen, why not?? I'm normally not into the whole outer space thing in the books that I like to read, but this was quite good. I really liked the romance aspect of the book & how the charecters developed. Maria Hammarblad is a very talanted ...more
Coyora Dokusho
Jan 09, 2016 Coyora Dokusho rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: robolove
I really, really, really loved it. But then I didn't really like the ending. I, mean, it was *okay* I guess. I was entertained! Good worldbuilding and character development. Super cool dynamics!
Tracie
Sep 30, 2010 Tracie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book on one of the first reads giveaways. I have to admit the first chapter confused me as to what I had signed up for -- but as the character development began I started to really care about the characters and wonder what would happen to them and how things would turn out. The auther did a great job at using creativity to keep me interested and wanting more.
Jennifer Stark
Oct 28, 2010 Jennifer Stark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: friends and family
A sci-fi person I am not! BUT, I enjoyed this book from the moment I got it, right to the end! Will recommend this book to everyone to read and will convince other non sci-fi readers to read it. Well written and I am looking forward to reading other books by Maria Hammarblad.... I am now a fan!
Tonya
4.5 out of 5

For a full review see InD'Tale Magazine July/August issue.

Cathy Freeman
Jun 18, 2012 Cathy Freeman rated it it was amazing

He soon realizes that he has made a mistake, and he has to figure out what to do with her. As he says later in the book, "Tricia has the technical abilities of a
Puna
Jul 24, 2014 Puna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The ONLY bit I didn't really like was here was this guy willing to do anything for her and she was just helpless/useless, at times. He just did something HUGE and she can't even give him a shot of antibiotics. Really? After what he just did he shouldn't have to give himself a shot. He's suffering through hours of surgery, without pain meds, and she wants to go wondering the hours to avoid the sight. Really? Hold his good hand. Stroke his hair. Something!!!
InD'tale Magazine
Patricia is one of those characters readers can't help falling in love with!

Read full review in the 2012 July/August issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Bryn
Jun 11, 2014 Bryn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, kindle
I can't decide if I liked this or not.
Pamela
Oct 23, 2014 Pamela rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Half-way thru I had to stop. I couldn't continue on because it's so not my cup of tea. It's science fiction/romance which is a genre I'm not a fan of. The whole different planets, universe, space ships, etc., not what I'm into. I can watch it as a movie, but not read it. So in the end I can't comment if the book was bad or good.
Christy Elkins
May 31, 2011 Christy Elkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great sci-fi adventure! I'm not really into sci-fi but loved the character depth in this book. Maria Hammarblad is a gifted writer and if you love outerspace, romance and action you will love this book, it has it all! :)
Christine Strowbridge
DNF - omg, this was horrible. I couldn't finish it. So lame.

I was expecting something completely BETTER.
Nenya
Nenya marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Alessandra Crivelli
Alessandra Crivelli marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Dusty
Dusty rated it it was ok
Jan 01, 2016
J
J marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Nov 12, 2015
Rhonda L.
Rhonda L. marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
MJ
MJ rated it it was ok
Oct 23, 2015
Sigurd Halleland
Sigurd Halleland marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Tristyn
Tristyn marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Stacy Hunt
Stacy Hunt marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Hexe
Hexe marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • For the Love of Jazz
  • Rescuing Lacey
  • Contacting Aliens: An Illustrated Guide to David Brin's Uplift Universe (The Uplift Saga)
  • Unsinkable Vampire: A Begotten Bloods Novella
  • Back to the Moon
  • Dangerous Ties
  • On the Other Side (Tales of Valdemar)
  • A Separate War and Other Stories
  • A Year to Remember
  • Small Miracles
  • Blood from a Stone
  • Taming Text
  • 2184
  • Saving Rain (Rain Trilogy, #1)
  • Seven Point Eight: The First Chronicle
  • Infatuation: The Story of the Snow Queen
  • Captive Hero (Time-shift Heroes, #1)
  • Translight! (Galactic Alliance, #1)
Born in Sweden in the early 1970's, Maria showed a large interest for books early in her life. Even before she was able to read or write, she made her mom staple papers together that she drew suns in, and proudly declared them to be the "Sun Book." They were all about the sun. This fascination with books and writing lasted through her teens, but as an adult, her career veered off towards desktop p ...more
More about Maria Hammarblad...

Kidnapped (2 books)