Start by marking “Love and Longing” as Want to Read:
Love and Longing

Love and Longing

There is nothing romantic about the war, only pain of separation and losing someone you hold close to your heart.

They have been married for years, but Jim Fisher and his wife, Jen, are blessed with the kind of love that only grows stronger with time. Their perfect life, however, is punctuated by periods of dread whenever Jim flies to the most dangerous places in the Middle
Published April 1st 2012 by Dorrance Publishing Co

To ask other readers questions about Love and Longing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love and Longing

Marisette Burgess
May 14, 2012 Marisette Burgess rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is a heart-warming story of a military man at war, not only with himself but also with the love he feels for his wife. The story takes you into the emotional journey of being overseas, or worse, having a loved one overseas. Rob great story telling. Readers will be emotionally invested. I give it thumbs up on my recommendation list.
Stephanie Ziegler
Aug 20, 2012 Stephanie Ziegler rated it it was ok
Recommended to Stephanie by: Dorrance Publishing
This book could have been something really good! If the author put more effort and work into this book, it could have been amazing. Being a huge fan of Army Wives, I thought this book would be similar, I was wrong. The different stories needed more substance. I felt like I was reading tidbits of the character's journal entries on their calendars. The quality of portraying the love between Jim and Jen lacked.

The synopsis on the back cover of the book greatly exaggerates what the book is really a
Tabetha Eisler
Jun 30, 2012 Tabetha Eisler rated it it was amazing
I love this story about love that lasts through anything. It survives a war, literally! I couldn't put it down and can't wait to see what is next for Mr. Burgess!
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016