Start by marking “Nighttime Wishes (Nighttime Wishes, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nighttime Wishes (Nighttime Wishes, #1)

Nighttime Wishes (Nighttime Wishes #1)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  205 ratings  ·  32 reviews
When you wish upon a star… it comes true in ways you never expected.

Make A Wish, Book 1

Ziang, a tentacled warrior from the planet Maz’Rar, has come to Earth to claim his most precious prize and start a new life. When an unforeseen accident results in a crash landing, his plan for a quick removal of the human Shawn lays in a twisted ruin at his feet, much like his shuttlecr
Published May 11th 2012 by Romance First Publishing (first published May 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Nighttime Wishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nighttime Wishes

Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts by Lyn GalaAll Wrapped Up by Elizabeth HyderThe Tentacle Monster Everyone Wanted by Evie KielsNo Boundaries by Alex MarKraken by M. Caspian
Tentaclesex, yay!
15th out of 144 books — 98 voters
My Fair Captain by J.L. LangleyThe Englor Affair by J.L. LangleyBroken Boundaries by Evangeline AndersonAn Uncommon Whore by Belinda McBrideOutcast Mine by Jamie Craig
Best Gay Spacemen
81st out of 171 books — 315 voters

More lists with this book...

A bit of alien fun. Big, bad, tentacled warrior Ziang crash lands on Earth and claims the human mate he's been watching for years. No real depth here but plenty of eye-rolling escapism!
I loved this book and it had me wondering what was going to happen the whole book. I'm not saying anything that happened because it's one of those books that give you information a little at a time and I don' want to spoil it. So you have to have faith on what you're going to read without knowing everything before hand:-)
4 stars! I freakin loved this! I had no idea what was going to happen...and then I had to keep reading to find out what happens next! And its book one! Can't wait until the next book! (seriously, when is it coming out?)

Pure, fantasy m/m sci-fi (which was exactly what I was in the mood for and just didn't know it) :)
Don Bradshaw
Reviewed on Hearts On Fire...

This was a nice piece of fluff for an after dinner read. Shawn made a wish on what he thought was a star when he was six. What he didn't realize at that young age was that his star was a space ship. The ship came and checked up on Shawn again when he was twelve and again when he was eighteen. Shawn's parents found out that he was gay right before college and kicked him out of the house but did pay for his college education. He was ne
To be honest, I didn't really like Ziang. His threatening to take Shawn rubbed me the wrong way. Once I got over that though, I was okay with the story. Was my first tentacle sex, though. HOLY SHEEP!!!!
Night Tempest
I absolutely cannot wait for the next one!!! *Squeal* The tentacles were really well done. Great work M! ...more
And, for the most creative and liberal use of tentacles, the award goes to M.A. Church. *applause*

It's no wonder poor Shawn has orgasm black outs with all that attention. I liked the chemistry between Shawn and Ziang too. The big bad alien warrior isn't used to sarcasm and snark and the two of them together are a really sweet balance.
Veronica /  V
WOW, I like this story for sure, cliffhanger ending, but never mind.
I didn't mind at all this Alien, quite the opposite.
I can imagined this Tentacles, weird genitalia Alien, called Ziang as the perfect hero.
Great Science fiction plot, and that's coming from someone who is not very fond of this kind of plots. I loved it.
I am really looking forward to reading the second book in this series whether it be a sequel to the MC's or a new story with the cute sheriff.
Tami (synchro from BL)
A very disappointing PWP...even the tentacles couldn't save it...

So. Normally this would have been exactly my cup of tea.
Tentacles and all.

But this had:
1. Insta-Love
2. Forced Mating
3. Threatening of rape and abduction in the context of "mating"
4. Creepy Alien starting to watch his "mate" at age 6
5. The "mate" being treated as a possession (also marked as such)
6. The whole creepy possessive behaviour being ok in the context of "looooove" (e.g. that the Alien hacked into his facebook account: "
Andrea Goodell
This 60 page novella is about the life from a boy to a man named Shawn. We start the story when Shawn is a small boy looking out a window and making a wish on the bright lights he sees. Later in life he sees these lights again and again. After he returns home from college and working, his fathers passing and his mother wanting to sell up and move away has forced this move. He once again encounters these lights but this time they have a surprise, an alien named Ziang. Ziang has been watching Shaw ...more
Crystal's Many Reviewers
I have said it before, I’m not usually a fan of Sci-Fi type books, but when I started this series, I just fell in love with it! I love how the aliens, are not your normal typical aliens. They have something about them that just makes them stand out from all other alien books out there.
Even though this is a shorter book, it was still packed with a bunch of information, action, suspense, and smuttiness that will keep you on the edge of your seat! I loved how even though this is an “over the years
This is the first book in the Nighttime Wishes series. This book was very different than what I was expecting from the blurb, but that was not a bad thing! One of the main characters in particular, a Maz’Rarian warrior named Zaine, surprised me. I was not expecting him to have tentacles, but I think it was executed very well and made for some very hot lovin’! Some people may be a little put off by the extreme alpha male tendencies in Zaine, but I think his behavior is due to the fact that he is ...more
One of the better tentacle stories I've read...not that I'm any kind of expert on the genre. ;)

I enjoyed the story of the alien Ziang and the human Shawn. Their odd history and even odder courtship. The tentacle sex was over the top hot. Also, cute cat in the story as well. Fun read.
Hearts On Fire Reviews

Reviewed by: Don
Publisher: Romance First Publishing
Genre: M/M Sci-fi Romance
Rated: 3 Hearts

Check out the review at:

This author wrote a story called "The Harvest" that I loved so I was looking forward to reading this. Alien sex can be kinda hot, who knew?

What I liked: Shawn was adorable and funny, and when the story hits its stride he comes off as very likeable.

What I loved: The tentacles. O M G.

What I wasn't so crazy about: The beginning of the story and the way it ended seemed a little rushed and awkward. Characters would say things out loud that seemed more like internal thoughts. I know, I'm weird, but i
This was just YUMMY and fun! Think Predator but super sexy and in a not gonna kill you type of way! I had to start with this one before reading the newest in the series, so you definitely should start with this one. I liked the characters and the world building, even though things did move very quickly. Very hot, very enjoyable!

I was a little hesitant to read an alien book with tentacle sex. But I will admit I did enjoy it, a great short read.
Lovely story with a creative premise and good characters. I love how Ziang is made, reminds me of predator awesome. The only thing, and this is the reason I take one star away, is that the ending is so blah...
ARe Cafe
Manlove and tentacles!!!!
The entire thing progresses a little quickly and while I do feel like there are glimmers of that "something deeper," those parts were a bit skimmed over - so much so to the point that it almost became pwp. Or at least, the main concern was the sex.

Still, I rather liked it. 3.5/5

(view spoiler)
Charlie Richards
I really enjoyed this tale. It had some unique and creative elements that made it very interesting & helped it stand out in my mind. to have sex with an alien that doesn't have a dick. lol. ;) I did run into a number of editing flaws / misspellings, but due to the story content, I was more than happy to overlook them. I've already read the second story - Nighttime Dreams - and enjoyed it just as much. I look forward to a third installment.
Very good! I definitely liked the fact that the book was well edited!
I think it took great writing ability to have a book involving aliens with different anatomy and appendages and the sex scenes not come off as superkink. The sex scenes while extremely hot still felt loving and far from weird or raunchy.
Oh my goodness. It was so good. I can't believe I waited so long to read this! Once I started I couldn't put it down. My only breaks were to check how many pages were left because I couldn't stand for it to end. I cannot wait for a sequel! I would recommend this book to anyone who asked.
Blue Bayou .
Short on story, long in tentacles. Let's hear it for Tentacle Love! I liked the story however after the description of the alien I realized he (the alien) looked a lot like the Alien in the movie Predator. Although in the movie we aren't given an info on the tentacle situation.
I want Sheriff Bryan to find the alien-love-of-his-life too!!! Just imagine some noble warrior out there saw you at 6 years old and knew right away you would be the love of his life then checks on you every six years till you turn 24. SIGH!!!
I love M's stories.
I follow her blog and her stories keep me coming back for more,lol
This story met my expectations.
I totally enjoyed it.
Looking forward to reading Nighttime Dreams, the sequel, when it comes out!
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
25% off at Smashwords, guys, with code SSW25
= Some parts were enjoyable, while other parts weren't. ...more
Jul 23, 2012 Jenn marked it as to-read
Recommended to Jenn by: Debbie
Shelves: m-m, up-next
Because Debbie wants me on the lady bus.
  • Something About Harry (Healing #3)
  • Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #1)
  • No Boundaries
  • Alien 'n' Outlaw (Galactic Alliance #2)
  • All Wrapped Up
  • Handsome Hero Wanted (Handsome Heroes, #1)
  • Gay Tentacles From Space!
  • The Degan Paradox  (Galactic Conspiracies #3)
  • Bonding (Himiko, #1)
  • Details of the Hunt (Details, #1)
  • Solid as Stone (The Brotherhood, #1)
  • Beloved Captor
  • An Unauthorized Field Guide to the Hunt
  • Bright Water, Dark Sky
  • Line and Orbit
  • Aklesh
  • Lucius: Spartan Warrior
  • Acquainted with the Night
Hey! My name is Michelle, and I write m/m romance that tends to have a nonhuman twist. I'm married to my high school sweetheart, and we have two grown children.

My blog:

Twitter @nomoretears00

My Facebook: MA churh
More about M.A. Church...

Nighttime Wishes (3 books)
  • Nighttime Dreams (Nighttime Wishes, #2)
  • Nighttime Promises (Nighttime Wishes, #3)
The Harvest: Taken (The Harvest, #1) The Harvest: Journey's End (The Harvest #2) Trouble Comes in Threes Priceless (The Gods, #1) Nighttime Dreams (Nighttime Wishes, #2)

“Holy hell," Shawn whispered, his eyes glued to Ziang's front. Particularly to what Ziang didn't have between his legs. "Dude, where's your dick?” 3 likes