Start by marking “Opposition (Lux, #5)” as Want to Read:
Opposition (Lux, #5)

Opposition (Lux #5)

4.44  ·  Rating Details ·  46,141 Ratings  ·  5,582 Reviews
Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means
Paperback, First Edition, 533 pages
Published August 5th 2014 by Entangled Teen

To ask other readers questions about Opposition, please sign up.

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,429 books — 15,820 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,529 books — 9,010 voters

More lists with this book...

Irma!!!
After Reading: Review to come!!

OMG!! If has a cover!! Finally! And I love it!!!!

Okay according to JLA:

- "DB" was left behind in Vegas in Origin. But he may make an appearance again.
- Archer and Dee are together in Opposition.
- Blake is really dead. Like, dead dead dead.
- What would be the mix between an Origin and Luxen? A: pretty badass
- You will find out in Opposition why Daemon didn’t reply to Katy in the end
- Katy’s mom will be back for Opposition
- *Spoiler for Opposition* The Luxen that inv
Etnik
5 STARS and believe me I would rate in more if I could.

First of all I can't describe how GREAT this series is.Mind blowing.It has everything. Action ,romance ,fun ,jokes ,tense moments,everything.The characters fit with the story perfectly.Also the story never gets boring.The chemistry between characters... amazing!

Me while reading the book:

“What the hell, man?” Dawson exploded, hands flying up. “I was on level sixty-nine of Candy Crush, you bastard. Do you know how hard that—?”

Mountain View

“We were suppose
Christy
5 Save the World stars!

photo b1643796-db2e-4b95-8c74-ce4e669637df_zps333479c6.jpg

This is one of those epically awesome series. There is just no other way to describe it. When I first picked up Obsidian, I had no idea what to expect. I read paranormal ya every now and then, but it’s not my genre of choice. Still, I gave it a go. I was hooked. I loved everything about Daemon and Katy. All 5 of these books were captivating and hilarious reads full of action, humor, suspense and love.

Opposition starts off right where Origin left off… Daemon, Katy and fri
Wendy Higgins
Jen nailed this series with an epic conclusion. Loved it!!!
Kris-10
Jun 03, 2012 Kris-10 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, aliens
The perfect end to a perfect series. Daemon and Katy will always have a special place in my heart. <3

BTW, if you've finished Opposition you definitely want to go read THIS. Trust me. :)

description

I **NEED** THIS BOOK!!!!! I THOUGHT OPAL'S CLIFFHANGER WAS BAD, BUT IT'S GOT NOTHING ON THE STATE OF NEED AND DESPERATION THAT ORIGIN HAS LEFT ME IN!!!! I AM NOT KIDDING!!!! I AM UNCOMFORTABLY CLOSE TO HUDDLING IN A CORNER AND ROCKING. JENNIFER, WHY? I THOUGHT YOU LOVED YOUR READERS, WHY WOULD YOU TORTURE US TH
Katerina
Dec 14, 2014 Katerina rated it it was amazing
“I'm game for anything with you, Daemon Black.”

That's it.The series that made me put aside my truest love after books (that would be sleep),that occupied my every thought for a week,that made me an antisocial madwoman mumbling about aliens,is over.Kat and Daemon's story is over.

“It didn't matter how many hours,days,months,or years we had stretched out in front of us;we'd always be together.This kind of love was the real deal,stronger than a whole planet full of psycho aliens and an entire
Kristen
5–HEART-POUNDING, INTENSE, AND AMAZING–Stars

description

I can't think of the last time a book had me sitting on the edge of my seat, biting my nails, and holding my breath. Opposition captivated and enthralled me from the first heart-pounding page to the last. I LOVED IT!

I am so sad to see this series end. I have LOVED watching Katy's and Daemon's characters grow and mature over the course of the books.

Katy began this series as a lovable and strong character who was obstinate, and sometimes even pigheaded
Sophia
As a thank you for the Lux Series reaching the USA Today Bestsellers List, JLA has rewarded us with a glimpse of Kat and Daemon's future that takes place a few years after Opposition. YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS! SQUEEEEE!

.............................................................................................................
5 AMAZING OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD BITTERSWEET SWOONWORTHY STARS!

Such an outstanding conclusion to one of my all-time favorite series
Jennifer Kyle
I helped save the planet in this book so… you’re welcome. It was my pleasure to save all of mankind alongside one of my absolute favorite book couples, Daemon Black and Katy Swartz.

"They're up to something big. "Obviously." I smiled faintly. "The whole invading-Earth part kind of gave that away."

description

I never thought I would fall as hard as I did for these characters when I gave the first book of this series a chance. I mean a book about aliens in high school? But it happened and I loved every page
Maggie
❝Kat fascinated me, every aspect of her. She was beautiful, but it went so beyond that. She was so incredibly strong, and she bore the scars of her strength like a prizefighter. She was smart and stubborn, but most of all, she was kind, and she'd given me the ultimate gift when she loved me in return.❞

Thank you Jennifer L. Armentrout for letting me find a way to love one of your series and persuade me to keep going when I didn't mean to and expected to completely fall in love with it and compl
Lucia
Once again conclusion to series (that I love) written by JLA did not satisfy me. Was it because I outgrew this series? Was it the lack of essential "something" that was present in previous instalments but not in this one? Or was it the fact that both POVs merged in and I found myself confused numerous times about whose POVs I was reading? I think it was mixture of all three things. I enjoyed banters (it is Daemon after all) but overall I didn't like this book because it didn't reached the level ...more
♥ The Book Snob ♥
May 25, 2012 ♥ The Book Snob ♥ rated it it was amazing
OHHH MYYYYYYYYY GOD!

photo SuperExcitedGif_zpsa635f34a.gif

A FIFTH BOOK! AND THAT TOO IN DUAL POV ! I know Origin will be in dual POV too. But, still. A second book in dual POV!
OMG! OMG! OMG!

photo excited2_zps9a01a0bc.gif

AM I IN HEAVEN? OR AM I DREAMING?
PIIIIIINNCCCCHHHHHH ME SOMEONE!
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

photo soexcited_rapunzel_zps4a7acf07.gif

*squeals louder*

photo thesatzmolliefreak2_zpsc644ea80.gif

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

photo Yeah_zps39a84a88.gif

But 2014?
Shoot me dead. (Not really. I am yet to read the fifth, or even the fourth installment, you know.)

But seriously, 2014? Really? 2014?

photo tumblr_makp79r0Jh1rpo0wk_zps9e4a19e1.gif

Okay, let's first just get Origin.

BUT 2014?!
*sobs*

photo gKuhF_zps5ecd92b8.gif

photo unfair_zps87142cc3.gif

*teary
Christine Riccio
Sep 03, 2014 Christine Riccio rated it really liked it
SO MUCH FUN! here's my booktalk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBNkh...
Brandi
4.5 Stars

"You ready to play, Kitten?"

description

Opposition was bittersweet for me, it's the final book in the Lux series. The world is in chaos, between fighting invading aliens and secret government agencies - is there a light at the end of the tunnel for Daemon and Katy?

I knew in that tiny second as we stared each other down that this was the beginning and this was also the end. The Luxen were truly invading.

Katy was such a badass in this book, and of course Daemon had me constantly swooning. I reall
Shannon (leaninglights)
I FINALLY finished this series! While I didn't enjoy this last book at all compared to the first one in the series, I will always love Katy and Daemon as characters. This series could been much more effective as a trilogy and I love/hate all the Twilight parallels (I really can't decide if they are genius or obnoxious). I think the story got too big for the world ultimately but I am glad I stuck with it and finished it. Jennifer's writing is addictive and hilarious as always and I'm excited to v ...more
DW
Sep 24, 2016 DW rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lux
Holy Alien butt cracks, that was frigging fantastic!!!

The entire Lux series has been five stars for me. I don't think that there was anything about these books that I did not like.

photo C834A01A-FCD7-49A9-B398-87E0D5572D20_zpscivmrpbw.jpg

"I broke every rule of my kind to heal you and keep you with me. I married you and burned down an entire city to keep you safe. I’ve killed for you. Did you think I’d forget what you mean to me? That anything in this world—in any world—would be stronger than my love for you?”

photo 769A7274-4C3C-43AA-A742-64BE2D0C7FEF_zpsfkefoh9f.png

Daemon Black is sexy, arrogant, kicks ass a
Amy (Foxy)
I read this one via an audio book. I bought the audio so I could listen to it while I worked out. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate and I had to shelf the audio until the weather improved a little.

description

Since I spread out my listening over a long period of time I will refrain from rehashing the plot. I will say that I'm glad I got to experience this paranormal and I'll miss our crazy little book blogger who had an alien neighborhood. Hard to believe I started this journey with the Lux serie
Andreea Pop
REVIEW:

I’m bawling my eyes right at this very moment, because this series is over and lemme just tell you that it ended PERFECTLY. Opposition is absolutely top-notch fangirling material, set to conclude one of the most addictive stories by raising the bar on sexiness, action, heartbreak and pure, unloaded fun. It was everything I could’ve hoped for and then some – I completely loved it.

“Kitten?”
“Yeah?”
His eyes were beautiful when they met mine, luminous and clear, and a long moment stretched o
Tina
Sep 14, 2012 Tina rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

AMAZING. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! AH-MAY-ZING! I’m biased (just to let you know) when I say that this book was a fantastic end to a wonderful series! I’ve been a huge Lux fan since book 1 (as well as an Armentrout fan overall) and still am so it’s no surprised that I found this book absolutely wonderful. Like Ms. Armentrout, I too find it bittersweet to see this series end. I’ll keep this review brief-ish since I’m never really good at writing reviews for the last book in a series.

This
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo luxseries_zpsd0aafe42.jpg

Opposition is book number five in the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. How in the world do I ever do this book or this series justice in a review? I have loved this series from page one of book one. It’s a wonder my heart survived all the action scenes and will any other book couple ever be able to compete with Daemon and Katy? No, I don’t think so. Even though I am saddened to say goodbye to these characters, JLA did a fantastic job in this series conclusion.

“I wasn’t the same girl who
K
Jan 16, 2013 K marked it as to-read
******IT HAS A TITLE!*******
and that title is???????
OPPOSITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I started to get a little antsy I must admit. It wasn't pretty See for yourself...

Opposition? I'm assuming this means opposition between humans and Luxens maybe(of course with everyone being against each-other, it could means lots of things...

As for the rest...

Dameon and Katy

They better get their HEA or I'm gonna be royally pissed. They are one of my ALL-TIME favorite couples(and no one better tell me th
Lint
Jun 28, 2012 Lint marked it as to-read

DAEMON, WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME?
Catarina
5 “I can’t believe this is the last one!!” Stars!!

description

In this last installment of the LUX series we finally have what we’ve been waiting for since book 1: the war between luxen, arums and humans. And the previous book only left us with questions.
Who are the bad guys after all? Who is trying to ruin mankind? Or is mankind trying to rule all the others species?
If you are a fan of these books sit down and get ready for an amazing reading and ending. If you haven’t read this books because you believe
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
4 stars

The final book to the Lux series. Between saving the planet and fighting alien invasions, would the couple get their happy ending?

I couldn't stop swooning over Daemon and Katy was so badass in this book. I enjoyed it but as much as I love Daemon I felt my attention wander off around the middle. Also, there was sooo much action throughout the book that when it got to the end I kind of had a 'that's it?!' moment.

I adore this series. I love how much Katy and Daemon have grown and how they l
Aimz
Sep 06, 2013 Aimz rated it it was amazing
OMG I don't even know where to start. I put off reading this for a week. I wasn't ready for the end. I knew it would break my heart to say goodbye. I fell so hard for this series. And it was a long year to get to this beautiful ending. Thank you Ms Armentrout. Thank you for giving this story life. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself for our simple entertainment. Reading saves all of us in different ways. This series saved me last year when I was in a bad place. It brought me out of a hole. ...more
Abigail
3.5 “Look at you and your big, bad self. Rawr.” Stars.
Katnis & Peeta
Apparently, there was even a meme created already.
The incredibly photogenic glowing-alien meme.

Kat has been uprooted from her mom, her friends, and her book blog. Because of Daemon and what he is. But when he isn't himself... will she be able to get him out again?

The group thoughts of the Luxen may be too strong for Daemon to get back to Kat and his family. Will Kat be able to save him, or will he fight against her?

I'm not sad at all, real
Dee Montoya
*****5 Bitter Sweet Stars*****

(BR with Tiffany, Melissa and Patty)

It is with a heavy heart that I write this review because we've come to the end of the road for this wonderful story. Jennifer Armentrout did a fantastic job delivering this final book, packed with action, angst and amazing love scenes. Bravo!!!! This last book was everything I was hoping for and much more...

This book starts right were the last one left off, the Luxen are trying to take over the world. Katy and Daemon don't even k
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*

4.5 'I can't believe it's over' Stars

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I can't believe this was the last book, but at the same time I am so happy it was. I really e
Emer
And so I have come to the end of my journey with the Lux series. And Opposition was all that I hoped it would be. It had action, drama, humour, tension, romance and just the right amount of bittersweet!

I don’t want to talk about the storyline as it would give too much away to those who have yet to start their Lux journey with Obsidian… so what I will talk about instead are my overall feelings after reading this series.

I devoured this series in a few short days; it utterly consumed me… but in th
Lizette
Jun 28, 2014 Lizette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oficialmente es una de mis sagas favoritas. Ningún libro me decepciono.

Este libro me hizo reír y también llorar un poco. (y es difícil que llore con algún libro). Como todos los anteriores estuvo lleno de acción y romance. Fue un final perfecto para esta maravillosa saga.

Los personajes me encantaron, cada uno tenia algo que me gustaba. Sin duda siempre los recordare a todos.

Daemon Black uno de los mejores personajes.♡
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page count! 4 22 Dec 19, 2016 09:08AM
#JLAJuly: Opposition (#5) 1 11 Jul 02, 2016 10:47AM
The Lux Series amazingness! 2 13 Mar 09, 2016 05:18PM
Goodreads Librari...: Should bonus novella be included for page count? 7 34 Feb 10, 2016 09:59AM
Hot guys/girls on a book cover 6 46 Sep 05, 2015 09:37PM
IgnitedReads: opposition 6 24 Jun 23, 2015 06:26PM
THE NOTE 6 66 May 23, 2015 12:48PM
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • The Warrior (Dante Walker, #3)
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
  • Secret (Elemental, #4)
  • Iniquity (The Premonition, #5)
  • Dust to Dust (Experiment in Terror #9)
  • Collide (The Taking, #3)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Taste of Torment (Deep In Your Veins, #3)
  • Erased (Altered, #2)
  • Consequence (Significance, #4.5)
  • Refuge (Relentless #2)
  • Scars and Songs (Mad World, #3)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Ignited (Sense Thieves #3)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard
More about Jennifer L. Armentrout...

Lux (5 books)
  • Obsidian (Lux, #1)
  • Onyx (Lux, #2)
  • Opal (Lux, #3)
  • Origin (Lux, #4)

“Kat.” He uttered my name like it was some kind of prayer, and then he pressed a kiss against the skin behind my ear. “I broke every rule of my kind to heal you and keep you with me. I … burned down an entire city to keep you safe. I’ve killed for you. Did you think I’d forget what you mean to me? That anything in this world— in any world— would be stronger than my love for you?” 285 likes
“It’s not like I’m going to run up and hug him.”
His expression turned bland. “I’d sure hope not. I might get jealous.”
“You’d get jealous if she hugged a tree,” Archer tossed out.
“Maybe.” Daemon coasted to a stop in a parking space behind the car. “I’m needy like that.”
284 likes