Start by marking “Origin (Lux, #4)” as Want to Read:
Origin (Lux, #4)

Origin (Lux #4)

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  45,986 ratings  ·  5,211 reviews
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded b
Published August 27th 2013 by Entangled Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Origin, please sign up.

Anastasia The first book is called obsidian , the second is called onyx ,the third is called opal and there is this book and the fifth book there is also a 0.5…moreThe first book is called obsidian , the second is called onyx ,the third is called opal and there is this book and the fifth book there is also a 0.5 in the beginning called shadows (less)
Marco Baiocco Good for you. What's the question?
Good for you. What's the question?
I didn't, the first two where definitely better. There is too much smoochies and useless "love language" for a good novel, this is starting to look too much like those crappy love novels for girl teenagers...(less)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
22nd out of 2,466 books — 12,472 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadProdigy by Marie Lu
YA Novels of 2013
44th out of 1,524 books — 10,629 voters

More lists with this book...

Kris-10
More of my reviews at The Cozy Reading Corner

Initial Reaction: I just finished the book..... and I'm speechless..... that ending..... Daemon...... I can't....... I can't even...... asdfghjkl;

Okay, I'm going to attempt to 'review' this book and refrain from too much fangirling. First of all, I think it's obvious that I absolutely loved it! So much stuff happened and it was so action-packed! But there were also really beautiful, tender moments between Daemon & Katy. Which leads me to.... Daemo
Boyanna

Warning: this contains foul language and also tiny spoilers!!!

For those of you who don't know what this book is about: this book is about rubbing and also groping.

There were literally 3 chapter about them (ahem) enjoying each-other! 3 CHAPTERS noting happened except them lying in bed! and then there were 2 more of them walking through Vegas and thinking about FEELINGS.

There might have been some descent action scenes somewhere around the end, but I was so fed up of this book by then, i skip-re
Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
AUGUST?? HOLD.. WHEN DID THE RELEASE DATE GET PUSHED BACK A MONTH????

photo tumblr_inline_mlp743JVXa1qz4rgp_zps820ae703.gif

SERIOUSLY.

photo tumblr_inline_mju4wip1QG1qz4rgp_zps498f2d13.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Me after reading Opal:

FREAKING JULY..... REALLY????? Photobucket I'll take it.
That's better than waiting a whole year.

LORD HELP ME GET THROUGH...

Photobucket

Blake you are officially PUBLIC ENEMY #1. And since your a fictional character there is only one thing I can do about that...

Photobucket

Daemon, my sweet sweet Daemon,
I. NEED. YOU. TO. MAKE. SURE. Blake has an excruciati
Megan  • Reading Books Like a Boss

Review:
The ending of Opal broke me. Since I read Opal in late 2012, I had been not-so-patiently awaiting the release of Origin so that I could find out WHAT HAPPENS NEXT! Opal ended in an actual cliffhanger (not the loose ends sort of definition of cliffhanger that gets thrown around so much). Things were going along swimmingly in Opal. Then, the bottom dropped out and things got out of hand quickly. Cliffhangers don't bother me when they're done well and Opal was done well. With that ending,
"That's All" Ash
 photo download1-15.jpg

photo 13644052.jpg

photo tumblr_lm70wxCu3N1qjsbewo1_500.gif

Jennifer Armentrout is…

a big fucking deal.

You know it.
I know it.

This woman has a manic talent with words! And plot twists. And dialogue. And skyscraper-sized cliff-hangers. And heart-splintering moments. And her characters… LAWD! Her characters…

***Daemon Black is everything that has ever been my favorite thing.***

And she does all of this is such an effortless way. It’s almost like she’s having a conversation with each and every one of her readers when she writes a book. Because she makes sure
kristina
Daemon and Katy

“There's only one thing I want."
"And that is?"
"I want to see Kat."
Nancy's smile didn't fade. "And what are you willing to do to accomplish that?"
"Anything," I said without hesitation, and I meant it. "I will do anything, but I want to see Kat first and I want to see her now.”

I waited so long to read this book and I have to admit that it was way better than I expected it to be.I can easily say that Jennifer is my favorite author.The worlds that she creates,the characters and the st
Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥
"I will also confirm this: The last two books in the series that are currently untitled are in dual POVs (Daemon and Katy). There you go." - Jennifer L. Armentrout

AHHHHHH, YIPPIIIIIIiiiiiiiii !!!!!!!!!!

i can't breath..

Lucia

Origin is a turning point in Lux series. This is not a childlish game anymore. Everything is more dangerous and more serious than ever before. Everyone had to pick sides and say goodbye to the content life they once had known. Full of action, Origin is the best part in series so far!

My Daemon:

My Katy:

I loved dual POV. In this book, Daemon is in his best confident-self. He is snarky. He is determined. He will do ANYTHING to get his Kitten back. I absolutely loved how badass Daemon was in this ins
Etnik
5 FULLY FREAKING STARS!!!

I was so thrilled to read this one because we waited a lot for this one.And when I got it in my heads I couldn't leave it.It was such a cool book and the ending was mind blowing, that great.

Me while reading the book :

“As close as you’re riding me, man, I feel like I need to take you out to dinner or something. At least, I should get your name.” He punched in a floor number, smirking.
“People call me Archer.”

“Oh shit. ET just phoned home.”

Mountain View

“Me and Katy look adorkable in
Kadbury(Young Readers)
EDIT: The story finally progresses and there's something different happening. The last book seemed pointless but this does not. Can't wait for the end

" There are two more books after Opal and like I said on release day, those two books (yet untitled) will be in dual POVs-- Daemon and Katy. "
OFFICIALLY FROM JEN'S BLOG
LINK: http://jenniferarmentrout.blogspot.in...

DID I READ DUAL POV?

That means there are going to be scenes from Daemon's POV!

DAEMON'S POV

The Third book hasn't even come out yet bu
Brandon Hoang
Apr 19, 2015 Brandon Hoang marked it as to-read
THERE'S ANOTHER BOOK!!

YES! HELL YEAH! YES! HELL YEAH! YES! HELL YEAH!

description

Aca-Excuse me? It's coming out in JULY!??!!?! SEVEN FREEKING MONTHS OF WAITING. NOT happening. And there has to be more than FIVE books. No way. I want MORE. Give me Five more Jennifer. Then I will scream with joy and church bells ringing. ~Sigh....the blissness of imagination. Screw it!!!

ARGH!!!! YOU KNOW WUT??? ---------

Yeaaaa...sooo um....Seven months? WHY? WHY? WHY?

BLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!! Can't wait! This is sup
Wendy Higgins
OMGosh!!!!!!!
I am so in love with this series - this book in particular. I feel so many emotions for it right now. This story world just keeps getting better and better, and I keep loving Daemon and Katy more and more.
So amazingly awesome. Jen's writing is spectacular. So much yum.
Oh, and don't get me started on how cool it is to have a literary reference to my book in this novel!!!!! How freaking surreal is that??? EEEK!!!
I give this book off-the-charts stars. Can't wait to see what Jen has in
Claudia
Aug 30, 2013 Claudia is currently reading it
Shelves: accio

First things first.

1. We have a cover and a synopsis (don't know how I feel about the cover, though)

2. "... which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? And will they even be together?"

WHAT. THE. WHAT

I seriously hope that doesn't mean what I think I means, Mrs. Armentrout. I don't know if my heart can survive a cliffhanger just like Opal's.

END OF EDIT

UPDATE

You can't seriously expect me to live without even a synopsis after that cliffhanger.

Reaction when I saw this:

Just like that.
Catarina
5 completely amazing stars!!

Okay. Let me breathe for a minute.
Or two.
Or twenty.

Damn.

This was SO.DAMN.GOOD!!

And I my nerves almost killed me, and I don’t know how it will possibly go from here, and I’m really afraid of what will happen with the next book because of its title and (view spoiler) and yeah… I’m rambling. Sorry. (I’m really not that sorry!)

Okay, this picks
Inna
Reviewed By Inna @ Inna's Little Bookshelves
So I basically had an aneurysm while waiting for this book to come out. With the cliffhanger in the last book I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. ( And also on Blake so I can strangle him.) This book just had so many reveals I think I still haven't been able to take all of the in.
** thinks about it*** nope still haven't
I think at this point it should be obvious I absolutely loved this book. It was really fast paced and there were some reall
Christy
5 I wanna make some alien babies with Daemon stars!!!

photo c9b25714-14f7-4292-aa58-425968237fd0_zpscfcafef6.jpg

After the crazy cliffhanger in Opal, we’ve all been (not so) patiently waiting to find out what happens with Daemon and Katy... one of my favorite fictional couples! I’ve been anxious to see how this one would turn out... if it would stack up to the rest of the series. It did! Amazing!

Daemon Black is on a mission to save the woman he loves and nothing and no one can stop him. He will do ANYTHING he has to do to be with Kat.

photo 545040f0-f19a-45f5-a5d4-dce1c365ba7b_zpsb779185c.jpg
“There's only o
Maliha
I don't think I can tolerate 50% of this book being a history lesson about the "Origin" of aliens. I need Daemon to find Katy, like, within the first ten pages. Then, I need him to kick Bart/Flake/Ben/Buford (Blake)'s ass for me. Katy so should've told him about Blake's dirty sleepover habits!! Please don't become half a psycho like Beth, Katy!!

Okay, we got everything we usually want by the third book:
-villain dead
-Katy+Daemon did..."something" we were dying for
-Dawson and Beth back together
-D
Sandra
Rounding down to 3.5 stars because of the end.

This is me at the end of Origin...

tumblr lxd4gy8 LTK1r7swe6o1 400

That was such a stupid way to end the book.
For some of the readers it was a 'cliffhanger', but in my opinion it was (like i said) stupid and therefore i didn't like it.
So i was like...

whatever

315f2280 11be 41d7 85f1 b37bb5279a6a zps419c053e

And I’m not going to let you do this by yourself You’re my – everything, Kat

Origin starts off with a very pissed, sad, and heartbroken Daemon. Right were we left off in Opal (view spoiler)
Angela (:
Jun 20, 2015 Angela (: marked it as to-read
Not really feeling the cover...
Jurate
So , because I like express my felings through gifs , I will do exactly that!

The most memorable moments :

6.What Kat and Deamon did in Vegas
tumblr mewvdj IIM71rknrf9o1 500

7. And Beth with Dawson
8. Oh and finally Matthew

And there was so many great moments just that I would add and add gif after gif..
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
And the O's continue!

Obsidian
Onyx
Opal
and now Origin!

I'm really surprised that it took me so long to notice this...

EDIT (AFTER READING OPAL):
*shakes fist angrily*
DARN YOU CLIFFHANGERS!!!!

EDITING AGAIN:
I don't like this cover...
1. it looks so different from the other covers.
2. It's one of those covers that make me embarrassed to buy the book...
Aestas Book Blog
Jun 30, 2013 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
He'll burn the world to save her...

Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are si
Shreya (CCReviews)
REVIEW TO COME :D

SO LIKE...I JUST FINISHED OPAL....AND THEN I GIDDY-UP-ALONG TO SEE WHEN THE 4th BOOK COMES OUT (hoping it'll be like a 3 month way like it was with Onyx to Opal)...and THEN..I see..JUNE..FRIGGIN..2013 -_- WHAT THE FRIGGIN HELL!?!?!?!?!? AND THEN THIS HAPPENED:

First, I started laughing like crazy thinking it was a prank and getting ready for Jenn to pop out of a closet and yell GOTCHA!

description

Then, I looked around crazily waiting for that to actually happen

[image error]

WHEN NOTHING HAPP
Jess-i-ca ~The Gif Witch~
4.5 Crazy Chaotic Alien Stars!

update 9/6/13 Thanks Lili for the pic! ;)

Really enjoyed this one! This book was

amazing photo ahmazing_zps151bb83b.gif

It was funny, action packed, sad at times but oh so sweet!

too late photo tumblr_lnh276fc4k1qd6k8fo1_500_zpsfe6dd43a.gif

Yes I still love Daemon and want to make little alien babies with him!
love you photo tumblr_mkfv6vxJ7u1s1terdo1_500_zpsc442f886.gif

Katy & Daemon

Dawson

Dee

Beth
Jennifer Kyle
Out of this World!!

description

Jennifer L. Armentrout delivered the most action-packed installment to date in this series. This book had me from the first chapter it was so damn good!!

I mean seriously from beginning…

"Did you think you could stop me?" Power shot from me, smacking into the door behind Dawson, blowing it off the hinges and into the house. "I'll burn the world down to save her."

This was me...

description

Jennifer L. Armentrout’s story telling was phenomenal. Her writing was flawless and the pace was heart
Annie Brewer
HO-LY CRAP! It's going to be in Daemon and Katy's POV?????? We get Daemon's POV???? Well holy shit!!! I need to suffer through Onyx so I can get to this when it's out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*jumping up and down like a psycho*
H ∞Δnother book Junkie∞

Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #4
Genres: Contemporary,Romance,Sci-Fi(Science Fiction), Supernatural, YA
Published August 27th 2013 by Entangled Publishing
Paperback:364 pages

Let just talk about this amazing cover for a bit(not the one i edited but the original one).. Unbelievable < my first thought. After the nightmare ending of Opal (Lux, #3) it only made me get MORE excited if that was even possible. Seeing this hottie just walking in that typical swagger way that only Daemon
●▪•Divine Apple•▪●
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! This series is great! You'll laugh, cry, scream and fall in love over and over again!!!*__*
~Tina~
Sep 03, 2013 ~Tina~ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Alexa
This book. You guys. O.M.G! Things just got out of this world c r a z y. Jennifer is not holding anything back!! Just...WOW!!

You know that feeling after you've read a book and you think to yourself ' this just can't get topped'. Well that's me every time I read a Jennifer L. Armentrout novel. The thing is, the women always proves me wrong. These books just keeps getting better and better and I've never been so happy to be proven wrong time and time again. Jennifer is the real deal peeps. I don't
Jacqueline's Reads

6 SEXY.OH.MY.GOD.DAEMON-TAKE-MY-BODY. STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me just start this review out like this….

I LOVED ORIGIN. I LOVED DAEMON. I LOVED KATY. AND. I LOVE JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT.

Sometimes when I like a book so much I get crushes on the author, it’s true. It’s because when they create such an epic story, I just can’t but help but love the person who wrote it. Oh come on, you know you do too.

Let me put that disclaimer out there - > I will only give away what’s in the blurb (except for the i
IgnitedReads: Origin 16 12 Jun 28, 2015 08:37PM
.❤YA Lovers❤: Origin 1 8 Nov 02, 2014 11:21AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Restarting October 1st 2014 87 101 Oct 07, 2014 01:50PM
BLAKE... 95 132 Sep 27, 2014 11:45PM
Did anybody else feel like this?*SPOILERS* 15 295 Aug 27, 2014 09:53AM
LUXEN Army: Origin Discussions (Spoiler Alert!) 34 308 Jul 28, 2014 03:34PM
What do you think will Happen next? 13 125 Jul 27, 2014 07:37PM
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
  • Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Independence (Significance, #4)
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror, #8)
  • Hover (The Taking, #2)
  • Incendiary (The Premonition, #4)
  • Ceaseless (Existence Trilogy, #3)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Angelsong (Dark Angel, #3)
  • Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)
  • Touching Smoke (Touch, #1)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
  • World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
  • Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters, #5)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard
More about Jennifer L. Armentrout...

Lux (5 books)
  • Obsidian (Lux, #1)
  • Onyx (Lux, #2)
  • Opal (Lux, #3)
  • Opposition (Lux, #5)
Obsidian (Lux, #1) Onyx (Lux, #2) Opal (Lux, #3) Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) Pure (Covenant, #2)

2 trivia questions
2 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Did you think you could stop me? I'll burn the world down to save her.” 471 likes
“I want a years-worth of seconds and minutes with you. I want a decade's worth of hours, so many that I can't add them up.” 455 likes