Social Business By Design: Transformative Social Media Strategies for the Connected Company

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  9 reviews
From the Dachis Group--the global leader in social business--comes the groundbreaking book on transformative social business strategies."Social Business By Design" is the definitive management book on how to rethink the modern organization in the social media era. Based on their research and work through the Dachis Group, thought leaders Dion Hinchcliffe and Peter Kim deft...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Jossey-Bass (first published April 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Social Business By Design, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Social Business By Design

John Stepper
A good overview. The authors work with many different customers and I'd have liked to see more examples and more evidence of commercial results. Most of the data on results comes from a McKinsey survey which I find unreliable. (Managers self-reporting improvements doesn't seem like an unbiased group.)

More success stories and hard commercial benefits, please.
Ant Clay
Not as awesome as I had hoped. Nothing particularly groundbreaking, some neat insights and short case-studies.
Chris Giovagnoni
Just another contemporary social media related book. The value it delivers is wholly dependent on your familiarity with the topic. The book's biggest takeaway is the list of 10 Social Business Tenets, which may be considered enlightening and a good resource to reference or just "duh!"

The first part of the book focuses on case studies to illustrate key strategies successfully used by businesses. It makes the point that organizations HAVE to change, if they want to engage customers and generate re...more
David
Got this book to get my head around 'social' and its business applications. It provide good starter frameworks and approaches. Cases studies are pretty lame - lots of statement of obvious without any insight (for ex, the company I work for is a case study and it was quite 'amusing' to read about supposed accomplishments and benefits). I think I will get more out of this book when I have deeper understanding - plan to re-read this after I go through other 'social' books/papers.
Ronald Widha
oh boy, this book is hard work. it has alot of gems but unfortunately very badly written. Each sentences are very long and dense. Alot of time I had to re-read a sentence multiple times just to get the gist of it. However other times, the book shy away from details. Lacking in concrete examples and actions. It has good stuff in it, but be prepared to do alot of hardwork to get anything out of it.
Mary Pat
No business should add social media unless it has a well-formed, strategic plan in place on how to integrate it into all units, evaluate its use and be flexible and open to change, and make it benefit the business goals and objectives.
Marc  Binkley
There is some very good content in this book though I feel that The Connected Company is a better option.
Kristian Norling
Good read on Social Business with practical advice on what and how to implement.
Michelle Prak
Feels good to finish this one.
Dan
Dan is currently reading it
Sep 07, 2014
Lydia Van den brink
Lydia Van den brink is currently reading it
Aug 02, 2014
Alena
Alena added it
May 28, 2014
Kris Hoet
Kris Hoet marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Ju Li
Ju Li is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2014
Stormi
Stormi added it
Apr 08, 2014
Gnee
Gnee marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Enrico Donzelli
Enrico Donzelli marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Tatiana
Tatiana marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Oksana Hoshva
Oksana Hoshva marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Prabhakar
Prabhakar marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Building Web 2.0: Ajax, Soa, And The Web As A Computing Platform Web 2.0 Architectures: What Entrepreneurs and Information Architects Need to Know Web 2.0 Architectures: What Entrepreneurs and Information Architects Need to Know Web 2.0 Architectures: What entrepreneurs and information architects need to know