Postcards From Home

Postcards From Home

4.8 of 5 stars 4.80  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Second Edition: Now with bonus stories not included in the first edition.

Winner of the 2012 Global eBook Award for Humor, the short stories in Postcards From Home explore the hilarious and often chaotic world of ‘life in the family lane’, seen through the eyes of a mother of two precocious children.

Tag along on excursions to the supermarket and road trips to the cottage;...more
Expected publication: January 22nd 2102 by Sylvia Morice (first published October 12th 2012)

Faye Hicks
May 10, 2012 Faye Hicks rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
This is a wonderful collection of stories! The author’s ability to bring out the humor of everyday situations and her unique take on family life had me laughing throughout. If you’re a parent, I am sure the comical situations in these stories will bring back some of your fond (and humorous) memories of raising your family. If, like me, you’re not a parent - you’ll probably be wiping your brow in relief a time or two, in between wiping the tears of laugher from your eyes. My personal favorite is...more
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
Have your funny bone tickled non-stop with this book. You will laugh from the first paragraph to the last.

Stories of a stay-at-home mom from the grocery store to any holiday. The author has great tales that will entertain you. The author said they are takeoffs of things that really happened to her, and they are quite funny.

You will be taken on a daily ride through the life of this mom with two children and a lot of disorganization but with a mom who gets things done right under the wire. If you...more
Maureen
I enjoy Sylvia;s blog and have been reading it for quite sometime, but this is the first book of hers I have read. I loved it. This book is filled with wonderful short stories of her life as a wife and mother. Now I must find her other books and read them too.
Heather Allen
Sylvia’s award-winning short essays paint a delightful picture of small-town life, raising two little scamps, and finding that great love. I read the whole thing in two sittings, I couldn’t help it.
Kimberly Hall
A nice easy ready. It was a very good short story. I ready it straight through. Kudos to the author.
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2012
April Krause
April Krause marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2012
Sylvia Morice
Aug 31, 2012 Sylvia Morice added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Gisela
Gisela added it
Aug 25, 2012
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2012
Sylvia Morice writes fiction, creative non-fiction and poetry. Her work has been published in various Canadian literary magazines, periodicals, newspapers and chapbooks.

Sylvia blog 'Write The Words, Share The Story' can be found at http://www.sylviamorice.wordpress.com.

After moving around from town to city to town, Sylvia is living back in her hometown of Sackville NB where she continues to write.
More about Sylvia Morice...
Going Home and Other Stories Short Journeys A Small Steel Box Now That I"m Mature Now That I'm Mature