Murder Misdirected

Murder Misdirected

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A fortune in diamonds is missing and everyone, including the FBI and an unknown killer, is after them. They're also after The Kid, the professional who picked the pocket of the man last seen carrying the diamonds. Kid didn't get the diamonds, he didn't even know about them-but he's finding that story hard to sell. His world spirals out of control as everyone he knows becom...more
Published June 1st 2012 by Mainly Murder Press

Linda
Received copy of MURDER MISDIRECTED on 6-16-12. Started reading 6-17-12. I am on page 30 and I like this book already. A free giveaway! Thank you Mr. MacRae. Thank you Goodreads.

Completed this enjoyable read on 6-18-12. This book is well written in a good style. The mystery is solved at the end of the book. The author has employed the tools of good writing. Thank you, sir.
Carol
Murder Misdirected by Andrew MacRae is a brilliant San Francisco Noir mystery. I say brilliant because I never thought I would like an expert pick pocket. I will say that I really did like him but he was pick pocket. I will say that I really like him but he was pick pocket.

The Kid is a well read, intelligent, has an exceptional memory but does not want to commit himself to regular work like bookkeeping. He has rules about which pockets to pick. He never steals from locals and he has a way to siz...more
Patricia Driscoll
Set in San Francisco, with a wonderful noirish feel. An unlikely sleuth and a likeable cast of characters add to this book's charm and kept me turning the pages. Wonderful debut novel.
Kris
I thoroughly enjoyed Andy's novel, Murder Misdirected. The action kept me reading the book long past my bedtime. Enjoyable, well written book!
Natalie
This inaugural venture into novel length murder mystery fiction captivated me with its blend of old and new !
Gigi
The pick-pocket hero kept me turning pages in this suspenseful mystery.
Wayne
looking for the next one.
Vinnie Hansen
The Kid, the protagonist of Murder Misdirected, practices the classical dip to lift wallets. A pickpocket may seem an unlikely hero for a murder mystery, but The Kid has a tender heart, established early in the book when he rescues a damsel in distress. The Kid's occupation, the thinly disguised San Francisco setting, and the exotic dancer love interest all add a touch of noir to Murder Miscalculated. I loved The Pink Poodle, the dive where many scenes occur. In the end, the book contained some...more
Leticia Garcia Bradford

A fun fast-paced read. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Although I did figure out whodunit, I had to wait for the story to unfold to find out how. I imagined the book as a movie on TV. That would be really fun with all the scenes around the city.
Mark
Awesome, quick read. If I have been off I would have read it in a few hours. Some parts were easy to figure out, but had some wonderful humor. Made me wish there was more humor, more pages. These characters would make a nice series.
Denny Stein
Charming and engrossing noire mystery set in San Francisco. Excellent background information, endearing characters with depth and growth, plot twists, squirrelly action, tension, and surprises. I loved it.
Danielle
This was a decent mystery and had a noir feel to it. I found myself hoping that things would work out for him.
Cberke
Debut novel by Andrew MacRae is a hit - especially for the well thought characters. He's an author to watch!
Bonnie Malouf
Loved this first novel mystery. An easy read, with just the right amount of humor and suspense.
George Pritchard
An new archetype in the West Coast genre.
Drury
Nice tight story. I enjoyed it.
Susan Shea
Susan Shea is currently reading it
Jul 15, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Kim Rader
Kim Rader marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Betty Woodrum
Betty Woodrum marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Adriana
Adriana marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Loretta
Loretta marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Rox
Rox marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Sandy (WI girl at heart)
Sandy (WI girl at heart) marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014