Start by marking “A Bear and a Tree” as Want to Read:
A Bear and a Tree

A Bear and a Tree

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Ren knows that it's almost time for Bear's big sleep, but she needs just one more day with him.
One day to explore the winter together – the last of the coloured leaves, the snow as it floats and swirls to the ground, the sun and the moon and the stars.

One more day to play and dance and wonder.

From this much-admired children's book creator comes a story of friendship and ch
Published February 2nd 2012 by Penguin Australia

To ask other readers questions about A Bear and a Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bear and a Tree

Emkoshka
A sweet and typically charming book about a girl and her bear friend celebrating the end of autumn and the beginning of winter before Bear's big sleep. You can't really mess up a story featuring a bear. His last gift to her of a tree that has lost its leaves but gained much beauty is gorgeous.
The Styling Librarian
I always fall for those friendship stories. This one is beautiful… it started slightly abrupt for me but was drawn quickly into this story that I thought was perfect for illustrating how to be reflective and enjoy the process of life and projects vs. the product.
Shallowreader VaVeros
Stephen Michael King's story of a bear about to go into hibernation is beautiful. He anthropomorphises a tree and the bear has one last winter frolic. A sublime picture book.
Claire
This is stunning. I love this. The book is beautifully illustrated and tells a lovely story. I love this. Just amazing.
Yvonne
Yvonne added it
Nov 29, 2013
E R
E R marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2013
Dara
Dara marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2012
Lisa Vegan
Lisa Vegan marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2012
Leaf Mutt Dog! Henry and Amy: Right-Way-Round and Upside Down You Milli, Jack and the Dancing Cat