Start by marking “Danza” as Want to Read:
Danza

Danza

Danza is a collection of stories about being a foreigner, sometimes even in your own home. Quiet, comtemplative and subtle, Danza collects some of Ono's best short work.
Published December 11th 2012 by Kodansha Comics (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Danza, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Danza

Hollowspine
Jul 28, 2014 Hollowspine rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
3.5

A few vignettes of different lives, very much in the same style as Ono's previous works. I enjoyed reading each story to it's conclusion, which weren't always all peaches and roses etc. I like the subdued art, dialog and over all feel of Ono's stories, where not everything has to be said out. I prefer her longer works, just when I felt I was getting into the meat of one of these short stories it was over, a too short taste of Ono's superb storytelling.

The variety of stories, characters and si
Keiran Thegreat
Jun 19, 2014 Keiran Thegreat rated it really liked it
6 short stories linked in the theme of people getting to know someone that would normally be close to them. Some stories are sad, some happy and some in between. A lot of characterisation in a small short amount of space. The whole book is deconstructed in style and content, but only in such a way as to get to the real story with no needless padding.
Danza is not Natsume Ono's best work, but it is still very good and I enjoyed it greatly.
Kate
Jan 21, 2013 Kate rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, owned
A wonderful book about interpersonal relationships that will leave you with a slightly melancholy warm and fuzzy feeling in your heart. Loved it, will definitely revisit these short, very digestible stories when I need a reminder of how tricky and yet rewarding platonic relationships are.

Favorite stories: Diorama, and Smoke.
Sasha Boersma
Aug 04, 2013 Sasha Boersma rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
I liked the intent of this book - collection of short stories about human connection/bonding. But not all the stories were strong. The first two were quite thoughtful and deep. But past that, I wonder if something was lost in translation - the remaining concepts/stories were too abstract for me.
Ravenhats
Jan 31, 2013 Ravenhats rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Profound and well drawn, this early collection of a variety of thought provoking short stories is excellent. While it doesn't quiet equal Not Simple in complexity or artwork, it well worth owning and reading.
Woff
Jan 29, 2016 Woff rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Some stories were better than others, but the ones that were good were great. And it was cool to see the variation in Ono's stuff, even if the stories varied in grabbiness.
Prctaxman
Jan 25, 2016 Prctaxman rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
Great premise-that's why I bought it. Poor delivery of what it promised-that's why I gave up reading it , 60% into it
Alexandra
Aug 28, 2014 Alexandra rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
I blinked and the stories were over. Didn't really do anything for me, maybe my focus was shot for the day. Will try again later. Loved Tesoro but this one is just okay.
Heather
Heather rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2015
Mizk25
Mizk25 rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2015
Peter Flynn
Peter Flynn rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2016
Jakob
Jakob rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2013
Meg
Meg rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2015
Izzah Anati
Izzah Anati rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2015
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Timmy
Timmy rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2013
Toril
Toril rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2013
Sydney
Sydney rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Daniel
Daniel rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2013
Joseph Dante
Joseph Dante rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2016
Lara Corona
Lara Corona rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2015
Ally
Ally rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2014
Pan
Pan rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2013
Audrea Walter
Audrea Walter rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2013
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was ok
Jan 22, 2016
Hafiz Azam
Hafiz Azam rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2013
R Pine
R Pine rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2016
78sunny
78sunny rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2013
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2013
Elvie Mae Parian
Elvie Mae Parian rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Natsume Ono made her professional debut in 2003 with the webcomic La Quinta Camera. Her subsequent works not simple, Ristorante Paradiso, and Gente (a continuation of Ristorante Paradiso) met with both critical and popular acclaim. In 2009 Ristorante Paradiso was adapted into a TV anime series. Her current series House of Five Leaves (Saraiya Goyou), also adapted into a TV anime series in 2010, is ...more
More about Natsume Ono...