Start by marking “What Color Is Your Parachute? For Teens, 2nd Edition: Discovering Yourself, Defining Your Future” as Want to Read:

In today’s über-competitive climate, you can’t just wing it when you graduate and count on finding a great job (or a great job finding you). It pays to figure out your interests early, so you can decide what additional schooling—and tuition debt—makes sense for your chosen field. In What Color Is Your Parachute? For Teens, career authorities Carol Christen and Richard N. B ...more
ebook
Published August 10th 2011 by Ten Speed Press (first published January 1st 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about What Color Is Your Parachute? For Teens, 2nd Edition

Emily Bennett
May 30, 2015 Emily Bennett rated it it was ok
I am ashamed of myself. On the very same day that I started reading this book, I gave it up.
I started reading it because I had decided that I would use this summer in a productive way. The particular productive way was to explore different career options, then what I would need to study in college to pursue those careers, and then start narrowing down my college options.
This book really didn't help me with that. I got bored quickly, and quickly gave it up. Not to mention, it also made me feel p
Samantha
Jul 24, 2013 Samantha rated it really liked it
I thought this book was helpful for the most part. In my opinion certain parts of the book are best to read at certain points in your life. Like part one is best to read when you're in 8th or 9th grade and part three is more like for when you're in college, searching for your first job dealing with your major (I found this section kind of over-whelming since I'm not there yet. I'm only going to be a senior in high school.) I would recommend this book to anybody who wants advice for finding a ...more
Kylia
May 29, 2013 Kylia rated it liked it
While this was very useful to me and the exercises appealed to me, I found that I just didn't want to put the effort required into copying all the charts and pictures and everything so I could actually do them. (I borrowed the book.) As a result, I didn't really get much from it. I still liked it, though, and it's a wonderful book, which is why it has three stars.
Jessica
Oct 03, 2015 Jessica rated it really liked it
Carol's career advice to teens and young adults are spot-on. I found the book helpful and would recommend this book to young people searching for their first job out of high school or college.
Levi
Levi rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2014
Theresa Smith
Theresa Smith rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2015
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2014
Vandry
Vandry rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2013
molly meaker
molly meaker rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2015
Jane
Jane rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2014
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2013
Franny
Franny rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2015
Heidi Boardman
Heidi Boardman rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2013
Jamie West
Jamie West rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2013
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2014
Zara Hoffman
Zara Hoffman rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2012
Joshua James
Joshua James rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2014
Kriszta
Kriszta rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2015
Morgan Duplechin
Morgan Duplechin rated it did not like it
Mar 31, 2014
S Matson
S Matson rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Silver
Silver rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2015
Mikayla
Mikayla rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2015
Jisoo Kim
Jisoo Kim rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Brandi
Brandi rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Mikayla
Mikayla rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
John Rossitto
John Rossitto rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Ahn
Ahn marked it as to-read
May 25, 2012
Christie Jarvis
Christie Jarvis marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2012
Ruth Ann
Ruth Ann marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
锦湫
锦湫 is currently reading it
May 15, 2013
pato
pato marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2013
Valeria
Valeria marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2013
Victoria Pike
Victoria Pike marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Miasara75
Miasara75 marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Safi
Safi marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Rika Watanabe
Rika Watanabe is currently reading it
Dec 23, 2013
Robert
Robert added it
Aug 18, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Bob
Bob added it
Mar 22, 2014
Nataliewf
Nataliewf marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Lisa R Freeman
Lisa R Freeman marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Nourane
Nourane marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Courtnie Nicole
Courtnie Nicole marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Miron Stratan
Miron Stratan marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Steph Tanner
Steph Tanner marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014