Start by marking “Resident Evil: Code: Veronica (Resident Evil, #6)” as Want to Read:
Resident Evil: Code: Veronica (Resident Evil, #6)

Resident Evil: Code: Veronica (Resident Evil #6)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  1,542 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Claire Redfield’s desperate search for her missing brother leads her to a remote island, where a mad genius has unleashed every grotesque creature at his disposal to stop her from interfering with his horrific agenda. Meanwhile, Chris Redfield has been fighting a one-man war against Umbrella’s creations... and is now on a collision course with the man who betrayed the S.T. ...more
Published September 18th 2012 by Titan Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Resident Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resident Evil

Leanne Bell
I've always been intrigued as to how this book would play out as i'm a big fan of the resident evil games and code:veronica is my favourite by far.
To me, it played out perfectly in book form. The suspense, horror, and even the romance was fantastically described.
It was also interesting seeing how they replaced some of the puzzles that would have dragged on in a book.

Character wise i couldn't have asked for better. Claire and Steve were portrayed very accurately and it was very easy imagining sce
AndrewP
Paul Wardman
The final book written by S.D Perry in the Resident Evil series. While the series has continued on in game format it seems no more books will be hitting shelves as these have only just returned to print after a time of being quite hard to find.

The opening was dog awful. For the longest time no real explanation was given as to how the characters you were following had gotten into the situation they found themselves and I found myself struggling to keep an interest.
Eventually things settle down a
Alpha
"Code: Veronica is S.D. Perry's novelization of the video game Resident Evil: Code Veronica and is based off the incidents that occur on the island with Claire Redfield as she searches for her missing brother Chris Redfield.

This novel, as well as the video game itself, is a very special filler or should I say a walk down memory lane through the history of the Umbrella Corporation. I myself actually need to finish this game before I can continue on since I haven't finished this game but the novel
Robert Beveridge
S. D. Perry, Code: Veronica (Pocket, 2001)

Perry's series of novels based (often loosely) on the Resident Evil games reaches its penultimate volume and rounds in on itself; for the first time in a while, we have a book focusing on Claire and Chris Redfield and getting back to game mechanics and puzzles (though the puzzles are quite glossed-over here, and whether or not you find that a good thing is something only you can decide).

In this episode, Claire's been kidnapped and taken to a small Umbre
A.J. Raven
I really loved this book. I guess it was because I'm a huge Resident Evil fan and Claire Redfield is one of my favorite characters from the franchise. It's tough to make readers scared from written words, when they are coming from the video game experience, but SD Perry did an amazing job with setting the tone. It was fun to read the inner monologues experienced by Claire rather than transferring my own emotions to her when playing the video game.
Summer Gaddy
I thought this book was absolutely amazing, but maybe that's biased because I have been a huge fan of the Resident Evil games since I was little. I could picture each part that was happening in my head, and I loved the way it went from main character to main character. Excellent book!
Jodie Springer
I love the Resident Evil video game series with a passion I've shown for little else, and when I learned there were books of the franchise, I sought them out immediately. Some of these books have been far better than others, especially Nemesis. Code: Veronica, however, was difficult for me to trudge through. Perhaps it could have been better if the author had had a readily available thesaurus, as the same adjectives seem to be used relentlessly in succession. Nonetheless, I can't bring myself to ...more
Trish
This instalment seemed quickly written and haphazardly done.

The droll love interest storyline grows very tiresome and I'm glad to see the end of this series.

Claire is written weakly in these books. She's supposed to be hard ass!
J.C.
i read these books many years ago and since then have lost them, therefore I am giving them a score based on my original reading and not one that i would necessary hold if I read them today.
Diego Eusse
Una historia muy por fuera de la saga, con mucha información poco relevante y sin el factor suspenso que debe tener como fundamento esta saga.
Geoff
This game drove me nuts. Hardest of the lot in regard to low ammo and supplies.
Angelica Paulino
This book is a bit of a horrific novel, but keeps you interested. This book is part of a series that features seven books. The plot in this book is so wonderful because it really keeps you interested. For example, on page one hundred forty-two on the last paragraph, Steve (a young adult who plays an important role in the book)killed his father because he was infected with the virus that turned him into a mindless zombie. Once the deed was done, Steve became pretty scarred for life. This is only ...more
Claire Herting
I'm too scared of the games, so I read the books.
Rosie
4.5 STARS.
Wesker has come to play! I'm game... ;) But this is by far the weirdest, gory though it didn't include the puzzles in the first half... but it gets one star for Wesker!
Neko
Out of all of the novels based on the video game series (not including the two original stories), this is my favorite. In my opinion it was one of the darkest games of the series and that holds true in the novelization. The suspense is beautiful and the plot is thick with curious intrigue. The panic and disbelief that the characters exhibit in the game come to life as you can read about each and every single thought that crosses their minds. I read this novel quicker then the others because I wa ...more
Geoff
Not he strongest RE book in the series, but I think that's because the game wasn't the strongest in the game series.
I still loved this.
Kristen
description

I have never been more unsure of how to feel about a book before; part of me wants to snuggle it and part of me wants to burn it.

I think I'm going to have to come back to this review after some more thought, because at the moment my feelings for this book can only be properly expressed through noises.
Marion Kuehne
Good book although the ending with Alexia was rather anti-climatic and disappointing.
William Moses Jr.
Actually 2.5 stars. It was just alright. I don't know, but it seemed like all the zombies and B.O.W.s were too easily dispatched and things just raced from one thing to another. The final fights were especially unbelievable, in a bad way.
Ladonna Richerson
Overall It was good, I would like to read it again. The only problem that I have with it is that the ending felt a little rushed and if the author was trying to get the book over with. Also, it makes me sad that this is the last novel and no new ones are being made currently. I really enjoy the novels and love the author's style. So I hope more novels are over the horizon.
Neha Prasad
mind blown! code veronica was amazing..all that power. nice insight on the Ashford family background. all in all it was a great book..the Redfield's know how to kick mutated human butt!
Chris Lemmerman
A bit of an odd one. A great adaptation of the game, but it feels a bit lopsided, with 2/3s of the book at the Rockfort Island facility and then the final 1/3 cramming all of the Antarctica base stuff in one go. Alexia and Wesker were barely in it, and I think that made the book suffer as a result.
Bea
Oh Perry, if only you had waited a little longer until CV: X came out. :( This one was a bit of a mess, some good stuff, but for the most part, you are better off playing the game, or at least watching a YouTube walkthrough.
Justin
Definitly the perfect end to the series but I wish that S.D.Perry would do more books for the series like RE4 and RE5...plus maybe the outbreak series LOL
Love the stories that originate in Raccoon City
Christina
I really enjoyed this one, partly cuz I'm a fan of Claire Redfield's. But was a nice story that really follows the plot and story line of the game. A must read for diehard R.E. fans!
Aaron
Possibly the most disturbing and definitly the most dark R.E. book based on the game. As always, Exciting, but this one was different in some way. It was special. Check it out!
Chicokc
Claire Redfield quiere encontrar a su hermano, Chris, pero es detenida por Umbrella. Es encarcelada en la prisión de la isla Rockfort, propiedad de la familia Ashford.
Lenny
I absolutely love all of the Resident Evil Books. I play all the games as well as watch all of the movies to. The books rock though and I read all of them quite a bit.
Ivory
Aug 03, 2010 Ivory marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm a HUGE fan of Resident Evil, Code: Veronica video game on my Dreamcast. And I think that this was the most intriguing story ever on Resident Evil series.
Ending ??? 3 16 Jun 03, 2013 08:16PM
  • Resident Evil: Genesis (Resident Evil, #1)
  • Dead Island
  • Alan Wake
  • Endgame (Doom #4)
  • Dead Space: Martyr (Dead Space, #1)
  • Down the Road: On the Last Day
  • Dead Space: Catalyst
  • The Book of All Flesh
  • The Rage Plague
  • Among the Living
  • Shadow of the Xel'Naga (Starcraft, #2)
  • Heaven's Devils (StarCraft II, #1)
  • Anvil Gate (Gears of War, #3)
  • Aliens: The Female War
52051
Stephani Danelle Perry (credited as S. D. Perry in her works) is a novelist living in the Pacific Northwest. She is the daughter of writer Steve Perry.

S. D. Perry currently resides in Portland, Oregon, with her husband, Myk, her two excellent children, Cyrus and Dexter, and their dogs. She mostly writes tie-in novels based on works in the fantasy/science-fiction/horror genres, including Resident E
More about S.D. Perry...

Resident Evil (7 books)
  • Zero Hour (Resident Evil, #0)
  • The Umbrella Conspiracy (Resident Evil, #1)
  • Caliban Cove (Resident Evil, #2)
  • City of the Dead (Resident Evil, #3)
  • Underworld  (Resident Evil, #4)
  • Nemesis (Resident Evil, #5)
The Umbrella Conspiracy (Resident Evil, #1) City of the Dead (Resident Evil, #3) Caliban Cove (Resident Evil, #2) Nemesis (Resident Evil, #5) Underworld  (Resident Evil, #4)