Start by marking “National Geographic Tales of the Weird: Unbelievable True Stories” as Want to Read:
National Geographic Tales of the Weird: Unbelievable True Stories

National Geographic Tales of the Weird: Unbelievable True Stories

When a farmer in Spain captured a two-headed snake in 2002, scientists wanted to study it. When National Geographic Daily News published a story about the discovery, people wanted to read all about it. More than a million people clicked on the site and kept coming back for more unbelievably true stories. An Internet sensation was born.

Since then, more than 100 million indi
Published October 23rd 2012 by National Geographic (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about National Geographic Tales of the Weird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about National Geographic Tales of the Weird

Chy
Mar 20, 2014 Chy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, it's one of those things. Usually, stuff like this makes me frustrated because it tells just the little bit I know about these things, but adds nothing and gives me nowhere to look if I want to know more.

But there was a lot in here that I didn't know. And I get the impression it gave me nowhere to go because there is nowhere to go that doesn't tell you the same amount.

An interesting read. Saw people calling it a "bathroom reader," and I can totally see that. I had it on my living room table
Emmy
Nov 02, 2013 Emmy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
For the most part, this was very interesting. Granted, some of the articles might have been a bit slow/tedious, but for the most part, I enjoyed my time reading this. It's certainly a lot quicker of a read than other books of this length. And I really liked that each topic was discussed in five pages or less; this made for an interesting introduction to the topics, without overwhelming the reader, or boring them.
Acorral
There is some really weird stuff in this book!!! Great for BBR (Better Bathroom Reading) or when one only has a few minutes to read. The entries are short and grouped together with other like-type entries under heading such as "Explaining the Unexplained" and "Creepy Crawlies". There is a topic to interest anyone.
Kyla
Feb 13, 2013 Kyla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very entertaining and well-written. Short entries that are both quick to read and very informative, lots of pictures that enhance the text. Heavy on the science, but in a light, fun way.
Danielle Lima
Jan 12, 2013 Danielle Lima rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't think this was suppose to have been read straight as I had. I did learn quite a bit, but admittedly I found myself zoning in and out of topics that I don't typically enjoy.
Midnight Blue
May 26, 2013 Midnight Blue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and interesting....really good if you only get short installments of time to catch up on your reading.
Ginnie Grant
May 24, 2014 Ginnie Grant rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full of weird and interesting stories in nature. Some will make you say WTF, some will make you feel a lot smarter, either way this is worth a read.
ashley
Aug 04, 2014 ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some of the stuff is unbelievable. Literally.
Michael Kotsarinis
A nice collection of weird stories and their scientific "explanation", just not my cup of tea in terms of depth and coherence.
Robbie Sellars
Oct 23, 2015 Robbie Sellars rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of interesting little snippets of news stories.
Arryn  Pidwell
Arryn Pidwell rated it liked it
May 31, 2014
Netta Dobzinski
Netta Dobzinski rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
Scott
Scott rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
John Dedio
John Dedio rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Eric
Eric rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2015
Bookworm1992
Bookworm1992 rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2014
Immortal
Immortal rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2014
nfat
nfat rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2017
Henry
Henry rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2013
Rhf
Rhf rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Imran Harris
Imran Harris rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Arielle Rae Aguilar
Arielle Rae Aguilar rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2013
Lw
Lw rated it really liked it
May 18, 2014
Handeela
Handeela rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2016
David Henry
David Henry rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2016
Maggie Mae
Maggie Mae rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2012
Kristina
Kristina rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2014
Azreena Shah
Azreena Shah rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2013