Start by marking “National Geographic Tales of the Weird: Unbelievable True Stories” as Want to Read:
National Geographic Tales of the Weird: Unbelievable True Stories

National Geographic Tales of the Weird: Unbelievable True Stories

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When a farmer in Spain captured a two-headed snake in 2002, scientists wanted to study it. When National Geographic Daily News published a story about the discovery, people wanted to read all about it. More than a million people clicked on the site and kept coming back for more unbelievably true stories. An Internet sensation was born.
Since then, more than 100 million indi
Published October 23rd 2012 by National Geographic (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about National Geographic Tales of the Weird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about National Geographic Tales of the Weird

Chy
Oh, it's one of those things. Usually, stuff like this makes me frustrated because it tells just the little bit I know about these things, but adds nothing and gives me nowhere to look if I want to know more.

But there was a lot in here that I didn't know. And I get the impression it gave me nowhere to go because there is nowhere to go that doesn't tell you the same amount.

An interesting read. Saw people calling it a "bathroom reader," and I can totally see that. I had it on my living room table
Ginnie Grant
Full of weird and interesting stories in nature. Some will make you say WTF, some will make you feel a lot smarter, either way this is worth a read.
Emmy
For the most part, this was very interesting. Granted, some of the articles might have been a bit slow/tedious, but for the most part, I enjoyed my time reading this. It's certainly a lot quicker of a read than other books of this length. And I really liked that each topic was discussed in five pages or less; this made for an interesting introduction to the topics, without overwhelming the reader, or boring them.
Acorral
There is some really weird stuff in this book!!! Great for BBR (Better Bathroom Reading) or when one only has a few minutes to read. The entries are short and grouped together with other like-type entries under heading such as "Explaining the Unexplained" and "Creepy Crawlies". There is a topic to interest anyone.
Kyla
Very entertaining and well-written. Short entries that are both quick to read and very informative, lots of pictures that enhance the text. Heavy on the science, but in a light, fun way.
Danielle Lima
I don't think this was suppose to have been read straight as I had. I did learn quite a bit, but admittedly I found myself zoning in and out of topics that I don't typically enjoy.
Michael Kotsarinis
A nice collection of weird stories and their scientific "explanation", just not my cup of tea in terms of depth and coherence.
Midnight Blue
Fun and interesting....really good if you only get short installments of time to catch up on your reading.
Athena
Some of the stuff is unbelievable. Literally.
Rexanna
Good book for short, informative stories.
Jon
Jon added it
Nov 13, 2014
Aimee
Aimee is currently reading it
Oct 25, 2014
Vicky  Pollard
Vicky Pollard marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Jenn
Jenn added it
Sep 26, 2014
Carina28
Carina28 marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Clint
Clint marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Rina Gottung
Rina Gottung marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Izamar
Izamar marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
21 Tales of the Weird: Explaining the Unexplained (National Geographic Shorts) Internationale Logistik in Und Zwischen Unterschiedlichen Weltregionen Von Welchen Supply-Chain-Management-Massnahmen Profitieren Automobilzulieferer?: Eine Wertorientierte Analyse an Der Schnittstelle Zwischen Zulieferer Und Automobilhersteller Tales of the Weird: 21 Unbelievable True Stories The Snyders Mounds And Five Other Mound Groups In Calhoun County, Illinois