Start by marking “Crocodile Encounters: and More True Stories of Adventures with Animals (National Geographic Kids)” as Want to Read:

Crocodile Encounters: and More True Stories of Adventures with Animals (National Geographic Kids Chapters)

The first in a line of adventures with National Geographic Kids Chapters books, Crocodile Encounters will surely prove to be one of the most exciting. Follow along with National Geographic explorer Brady Barr as he crawls into a muddy hole just barely big enough for his shoulders, and comes face to face with thirteen crocodiles! Laugh out loud as you learn how to catch a c ...more
Published October 9th 2012 by National Geographic Children's Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Crocodile Encounters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crocodile Encounters

Vimal Thiagarajan
Dec 23, 2015 Vimal Thiagarajan rated it really liked it
Bought this as a gift to a kid, but after reading it I was wondering why its labelled just a kid's book.It chronicles herpetologist Brady Barr's dibbly-dobbly croc-catching expeditions in Tanzania, South Africa, Uganda and Costa Rica narrated comically with vivid pictures and catchy croc-facts.The best part was his implementation of croc-catching ideas from elementary school children.A good light read.
Joella www.cinjoella.com
So crocodiles are a little scary. And some of the things that people do to get close to these powerful reptiles are even scarier. I can’t believe that I even could read some of the things that happened to get scientific information about crocodiles. But I know that young scientists who love reptiles loved it. I liked how it talked about how kids would give ideas for how to get close to crocs and then the scientists would actually try them.

I also especially liked how this has just enough informat
Sarai
May 06, 2015 Sarai rated it it was amazing
I ed this book. It Was amazing. I recommend this book to people who love action, national geographic series, crocodiles, and non fiction. It is also a mission book to save crocodiles.

Go to this picture the is what the author, Brady Barr is with a croc!!‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼

Imagen de http://events-media.nationalgeographi....
Kelly
Mar 07, 2014 Kelly rated it really liked it
This one was great! Livy and I learned so much about crocodiles, found lots of interesting countries on the map, and enjoyed the crazy stunts of the croc scientist. We're definitely keeping going on this series.
Tracey
Aug 11, 2016 Tracey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s, 2014
Science/crocodiles (high-interest, low reading-level) Yes! this is exactly the kind of book we need to get more kids reading (and liking it) and to get them interested in science. Thank you, NatGeo Kids, Brady Barr and Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld.
Moira
Jul 06, 2015 Moira rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-lit
Yeah, this one is really exciting and on the edge of your seat! And it's funny too--a man impersonating a crocodile and then having one try to be friends with him. Can't help but love it!
J.
May 30, 2016 J. rated it really liked it
I read this aloud to my kids and enjoyed it as much as they did. I would like to read a longer book with more details about these stories.
Kate
Kate rated it it was ok
Nov 19, 2013
Brianna Russell
Brianna Russell rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2015
Vishal
Vishal rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2015
Catherine Smith
Catherine Smith rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2016
Adrienne Reeder
Adrienne Reeder rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2014
Colin Okonoski
Colin Okonoski rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2016
Nathan K
Nathan K rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Erickson
Dec 31, 2014 Erickson is currently reading it
Can't what to read it
Bethany
Bethany rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Clinton McCoy
Clinton McCoy rated it really liked it
May 13, 2014
Bbbbb
Bbbbb rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2014
Donna
Donna rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Lisandrito Castillo
Lisandrito Castillo rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2014
Atasha Jones meyer
Atasha Jones meyer rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2015
Tess Kayal
Tess Kayal rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2015
scon
scon rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2014
Karen L Wastradowski
Karen L Wastradowski rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2014
Cspootyg.
Cspootyg. rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
PWRL
Apr 13, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Krea Morslon
Krea Morslon rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2013
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2013
Red
Red rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2014

National Geographic Kids Chapters (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Dog Finds Lost Dolphins: And More True Stories of Amazing Animal Heroes (National Geographic Kids Chapters)
  • Tiger in Trouble!: And More True Stories of Amazing Animal Rescues (National Geographic Kids Chapters)
  • Ape Escapes!: and More True Stories of Animals Behaving Badly (National Geographic Kids Chapters)
  • Courageous Canine: And More True Stories of Amazing Animal Heroes (National Geographic Kids Chapters)
  • Best Friends Forever: And More True Stories of Animal Friendships (National Geographic Kids Chapters)
  • Animal Superstars: And More True Stories of Amazing Animal Talents (National Geographic Kids Chapters)
  • Parrot Genius: And More True Stories of Amazing Animal Talents (National Geographic Kids Chapters)
  • The Whale Who Won Hearts: And More True Stories of Adventures with Animals (National Geographic Kids Chapters)
  • Horse Escape Artist: And More True Stories of Animals Behaving Badly (National Geographic Kids Chapters)
  • Lucky Leopards: And More True Stories of Amazing Animal Rescues (National Geographic Kids Chapters)