My Name Is Rapunzel

My Name Is Rapunzel

3.23 of 5 stars 3.23  ·  rating details  ·  1,097 ratings  ·  232 reviews

My name is Rapunzel. I will tell you my story. I will tell...more
Paperback, First, 322 pages
Published November 22nd 2013 by Createspace (first published October 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about My Name Is Rapunzel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Name Is Rapunzel

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
65th out of 2,476 books — 12,489 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
55th out of 1,477 books — 10,213 voters

More lists with this book...

Charle Bachmann
Sep 30, 2013 Charle Bachmann marked it as to-read
Shelves: fairytale
Dear You,

I'm a complete sucker for fairytales. That short sypnosis to the book? You got me after the first sentence. After the second, I reached the point where I'd feed this book grapes (if books could eat, that is).

I WANT IT LIKE CHOCOLATE - and that, my dear friends, is a force to be reckoned with.

Well, then. Until I manage to snatch that book, I'll be waiting. Lurking in the shadows.

Goodbye - for now.

*add eerie wolf howling here*

PS: Isn't that cover beautiful?

Love, LionHeartedBooks
Beverly C.
Jul 23, 2012 Beverly C. marked it as to-read
This book won me over by the title, the picture, the votes, the reviews, and the description. So it practically made me fall hard for this book, and why not? I am a sucker for fairy tales, quite normal for the females I guess. I just hope this book doesn't let me down.

Since again, I love fairy tales, and since this might be a new version of the Rapunzel fairy tale, I again, hope, it will not disappoint me.
Or I might just cry....

cry baby

And it isn't a prety sight. :\
Also....it'll end badly. Since some...more
Samantha
May 20, 2013 Samantha marked it as to-read

That, my friends(or not, I don't really know whoever's reading this) is the best synopsis ever.

I was just scrolling along a listopia, and I come across this book. Nice title, nice cover, then I read the synopsis:

"but the children wouldn’t have laughed if they’d known the real story. It wasn't their fault. They didn't know the truth. Nobody did."

description

This was so awesome.

"My name is Rapunzel and I will tell you my story. I will tell you the truth."

description

My brain feels like it's going to explode now.
Jaylia
I desperately tried to love this book. Unfortunately, no amount of effort on my part can overlook the juvenile syntax, the measly world-building, cliched/intelligence-lacking characters, the half-baked love triangle, and convoluted ending. In addition, the major plot points were identical to Tangled but not so beautifully told or animated. I ended the book more confused than when I had began.

This is an okay introduction to fantasy. However, there are far better retellings out there, and it ju...more
Olivia

My name is Rapunzel and I will tell you my story. I will tell you the truth..."

Rapunzel was beautiful. Everyone adored her. But really, does beauty matter when your entire life is ho...more
Alex
First off, I was lucky enough to have been chosen and given the opportunity to be a part of the 'street team' that Ms. Hamilton put together in order to help edit it and review the book before it was officially published. And second of all, I am very well pleased to say that I very much enjoyed reading this book. I went through the whole entire book in two days (keep in mind I work 10 hours a day). This book was everything I expected and more. I have read many fairy tale books and stories and qu...more
Sherlyn
Feb 19, 2014 Sherlyn rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one
Shelves: owned-and-read
This review was originally posted on Mermaid with a Book.

This book has a beautiful cover and a beautiful synopsis, but left me floundering when I was barely a quarter in. I had expected much more of My Name Is Rapunzel. I did not have the easiest time writing this review; I’ll section it so that it’ll be easier for everyone to process.

Undefined goals. It's extremely frustrating to have a main character and villain who both do not have defined goals. In the traditional fairy tale, Rapunzel is hel...more
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
I received an ARC copy of this book from the author as part of her "street team" on a read to review basis

The first thing that I want to talk about is the front cover. It's absolutely gorgeous, and definitely one of my favourites. It portrays exactly what the story is about in a simple, yet beautiful way.
I am a huge mega fan of fairy tale re-tellings, and Rapunzel is a definite favourite of mine. I have read several re-tellings, and this one was certainly different, yet great at the same time.
R...more
Parksojins
Joyce
Read the blurb. Have you read it? Read it again. Does that voice not compel you, make you want to read it? Does it not leave you anticipating a firm, somewhat derisive voice guiding you through the ‘actual’ tale of Rapunzel? Does it not pave the way for a book that is at least average, if not brilliant?

If you find yourself nodding, and are fortunate enough not to have started the book yet, heed my advice and do not start it. Sure, you’ll feel curious, but, trust me, that is a lot better than hav...more
Noelle_
I was lucky enough to get the opportunity of being a Street Team member , And in return , The author stated That I should write my HONEST review

My Name Is Rapunzel attracted me by it's extraordinary cover , It is what brought me here in the first place.

My Name Is Rapunzel is a novel written by KC Hilton. The Story took place in Paradise Valley. The Story is about the way Rapunzel learned to deal with her grief, and the inner conflicts she faces though the time because of the fear of being recogn...more
Mics *I hope for Kope*
La verdad es que este libro me decepcionó. Estaba emocionada por leerlo ya que era la primera vez que leía un retelling de Rapunzel (y amo a Rapunzel desde que vi Enredados).
Pero no le encuentro el argumento al libro, sentí que la historia no llegaba a ningún lado y cuando se estaba poniendo interesante terminó.
El libro tiene bastantes flashbacks y si bien algunos estaban buenos para conocer mejor a Rapunzel y saber que cosas le pasaron había otros que en definitiva no aportaban nada a la hist...more
Sara
Sep 26, 2012 Sara marked it as to-read
I'm a sucker for fairy tale re-tellings, especially those ones where everything isn't all true love and fairy dust. Put together the cover and the itsy's bitsy blurb, I think I might like this....
Mariama
I received this book as part of a Goodreads ARC giveaway.

Two words: highly disappointed.

I saw this book on Goodreads and immediately told myself I had to have it. The concept was highly intriguing and I am a sucker for a fairy tale re-telling. But when I finally started reading the book, what did I find, but something not so magical and truthfully, not very worthy to be called one of the great fairy tale re-tellings.

Initially, I was extremely excited to delve into this book, but the moment I st...more
Stephanie ♥Loves Adrian Ivashkov♥
Arc was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

My Name is Rapunzel by K.C. Hilton is a beautifully written fairytale retold by a great author who knows how to keep her readers on edge.

I liked this book a lot. I felt like I stepped into the time of fairytales, dragons and witches myself. It was so imaginative!
I loved the way the author wrote the main character, Rapunzel over the centuries and you can definitely see a change in her. At the end, she definitely wasn't the girl we...more
Lex (Fastidious Reader)
Kimberly
I was a part of a "street team" asked to read this ARC for my thoughts, comments, and for a review. I am so glad that I was able to participate in this capacity as this was a very enjoyable read! I look forward to receiving my copy of the edited and corrected version because this is definitely a keeper to be reread.

Initially, I was drawn in by the cover and the name Rapunzel, but became hooked by the "back cover summary". Purposefully, I kept myself from "brushing up" on the various versions of...more
Lea
Jun 16, 2012 Lea marked it as considering-reading
I love everything involving Rapunzel. However, the intro does give me some doubts about its content. It seems that it will not be an "innocent" little retelling as I hope it to be. After reviews start coming in, we shall see. ;)
Emily
Jul 05, 2012 Emily marked it as to-read
When people are crazy about this book, I just want to be able to say: I DISCOVERED IT FIRST!
Anthony Rodriguez
Oct 21, 2013 Anthony Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Words can not explain how exicted I am to read this awesomeness. I need it now! :D
R.J. Gonzales
Jun 05, 2012 R.J. Gonzales marked it as to-read
How is it that I'm only hearing of this now?! :D Can't wait!!
Zakaria Daoud
Dear Readers;

Once Upon A Time there was a little girl, beautiful, sweet and smart little girl who had everything that would make her a princess yet she has a monster for an uncle who tried always to put her down and to deny her the right to dream; dreams,that's what he thought the fairy tales were all about until one day he found this book, the one with Rapunzel's confessions and he eventually learned the truth.He found out that Rapunzel was cursed with an eternal life, at first it seemed like...more
Nicole Hewitt
This review and many others can be found on my blog - Feed Your Fiction Addiction

My Name is Rapunzel is an interesting take on the original fairy tale. In this version, Rapunzel is cursed by a witch just as she is about to run off with her true love, Henry. The witch kills Henry and curses Rapunzel with immortality, forcing her to live with her loss forever. Rapunzel is trapped not just by the witch, but also by a dragon, who she sometimes fears and sometimes believes is protecting her. The stor...more
Jessica (BookRockGodess) Bolton
THIS BOOK CONTAINS: Magic, Death, Dragons and Romance.

I was given a great opportunity to be part of the street team and review an arc of this amazing story. I love retellings and this one is no exception. I have always loved the story of Rapunzel and have probably watched the Disney show "Tangled" over a hundred times. I have several fairy tale books with different versions of Rapunzel and I have read them over many times. So I am very well versed in this particular story.

I can truly say that th...more
*~*~~*~reading~**~till~**~forever*~~*~*
"My tale has been told again and again, and I’ve heard each one. Except for my hair, I barely recognize the pitiful renditions. Muddled versions, crafted to entertain laughing children…but the children wouldn’t have laughed if they’d known the real story. It wasn't their fault. They didn't know the truth. Nobody did."

What lies behind all the stories? What lies behind the tales and the myths, the princes and the dragons, the evil sorcerers and the destiny waiting for you? What lies behind the mas...more
Rachel
I received an ARC of this book as part of the street team, in return for an honest review.

When I first came into this book, I was expecting a long, perilous journey, filled with magic, danger, and betrayal. While I didn't get exactly what I was expecting, I still quite enjoyed reading "My Name is Rapunzel". It was indeed filled with magic, danger (an evil witch, how can you not expect danger from that?), and betrayal. While reading it, I had the feeling more that a close friend was telling me a...more
Amanda Masters
Amazing Story! not a lot of Rapunzel stories out their and not one like this! for sure! K.C. Hilton is a true genius of writing! I loved every word of this book and couldn't put it down when I was reading it. The story was like a movie playing out in my head and I could see every scene and feel every heartache and sadness that poor Repunzel felt. I was captivated from the first word and I am sure all of you will be too!

My name is Rapunzel. I will tell you my story. I will tell you the truth.

Rapu...more
Mishma Nixon
I was anxious to read My Name is Rapunzel for two reasons..First is because it's a fairytale retelling.I have a huge soft spot for these kind of stories and I've never read one that's based on Rapunzel's story.So I was really curious to read this book.The next reason is the cover.Well,just look at that cover,it was love at first sight for me when I saw it.

My Name is Rapunzel is a different kind of story than the usual stories of Rapunzel.It's not the "Rapunzel,Rapunzel,let down your hair" story...more
Nerea Nieto
I expected a lot from this book. I mean, look at its cover, look at its synopsis! I was expecting the launch of this book like crazy and when I saw it was out, I bought it at the next second!
Saying this, I think overexpectations were not good for the beginning of the story. I found it kind of boring (compared to what I expected) and I thought this was going to be (sadly), a 3 stars book.
However, once the expectations went down, I could fully enjoy the book, and I have to say it gets better and b...more
Ashley Monette
This book was definitely not what I was expecting. There was so much loss, so much heart break. I felt like my own heart was breaking. I was basically giving up on the thought that this fairytale would have a happy ending. This was a great book and I am so happy I finally got to read it. I love how this book ended and the message it gave. Everyone can have a fairytale ending, it just might not happen the way you plan. Never stop believing because just when you are about to give up, that's when y...more
Nothing but Readi...: My Name is Rapunzel by K.C. Hilton - Start Date: July 2, 2014 (July 2014 Young Adult) 73 279 Jul 15, 2014 09:48PM
Addicted to YA: My Name is Rapunzel 7 134 Mar 22, 2014 11:34AM
Book Giveaways: K.C.Hilton Giveaway! 2 39 Jan 16, 2014 12:34AM
Blog Tour Sign up! 1 7 Nov 01, 2013 07:58PM
Release date? 7 118 Oct 11, 2013 05:49PM
  • Shards of the Glass Slipper: Queen Cinder (Shards of the Glass Slipper, #1)
  • Beauty
  • A White So Red
  • PODs (PODs, #1)
  • Blood, Milk, and Chocolate (The Grimm Diaries, #3)
  • Nameless (Tales of Beauty & Madness, #1)
  • Cold Spell (Fairytale Retellings, #4)
  • Touch of Death (Touch of Death, #1)
  • Rapunzel Untangled
  • Cinders
  • Prophecy of Oz (Prophecy of Oz, #1)
  • Snow Whyte and the Queen of Mayhem
  • Rumplestiltskin (Faerie Tale Collection, #3)
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
  • Towering
  • Moonlight and Ashes
  • Of Beast and Beauty
  • Strands of Bronze and Gold
Born and raised in Aurora, Illinois I spent my childhood climbing trees and playing street games with the neighborhood kids. I was a proud tomboy, until the day I didn’t want to hike the land to an old graveyard. From that point forward I was considered a “girl”.

At the age of seventeen I moved to Kentucky and eventually began to raise a family of my own. Having worn several “hats” my life has been...more
More about K.C. Hilton...
The Magic of Finkleton (Finkleton, #1) 90 Miles to Freedom Return to Finkleton (Finkleton, #2)