Start by marking “Prince Prelude (Legend, #0.75)” as Want to Read:
Prince Prelude (Legend, #0.75)

Prince Prelude (Legend 0.75)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  247 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Prince Prelude-Legend, begins the Legend story. It tells you why and how Spellbound-Legend came to be.

Seductive, powerful Lamia DuLaine is used to getting what she wants—and she wants Julian Talbot. From the moment she sees him in the hedonistic atmosphere of 1814 Brussels, she knows she must have the roguishly handsome lord, and nothing as inconsequential as an innocent c
Published May 7th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Prince Prelude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prince Prelude

Tina

When I read this book I read right AFter spellbound sin e I wanted a clear view as to why dulaine had the obession with Julian. I enjoyed the book even though was a sad ending. Absolute enjoyable. Two thumbs up for Claudy as she has done it again in enthralling the reader from beginning to end
Judy
Prince Prelude by Claudy Conn
Legend
Prince of the Mist and Prince Prelude are written after the Legend Series but really pre-date it. This book is the story of what had happened before Spellbound. The reader gets to watch the romance between Julian Talbot and Maxine Reigate, only the romance has a kink in it...Lamia DuLaine. Lamia has decided she wants Julian for her own and is determined that no one comes between her and what she desires. Prince Breslyn is asked to watch over them as Queen Aaibh
Cindy
This is the first book I have read in this series. I loved the story concept and how its not your typical romance. I of course won't give anything away but, I was shocked at the ending. (mind you in a good way.) The only draw back I saw was that I felt I was missing something. It seemed I should have known more of the background about the Fae. As if I read this book out of order which, I could have. Second, in the book it seemed to skip over the part when Mr. Reigate returns from business. This ...more
Wendy
This is the second book in this series and I was pleasantly surprised by the storyline.
It follows Prince Breslyn but to me in this story he is on the back burner, getting a glimpse here and there of him. The story gives a different journey for you to follow and more background on the characters of the Fae. I at first wanted to read more about Prince Breslyn but as the story was being told I enjoyed the new characters and the interaction with the different realms. Now on to the next book.
Melina Turner
Claudy Conn shows us the the many reasons why her Legend series is a must read. i love in this piece how she writes every characters point of views even the smallest of characters. therefore your in their shoes and understand them. i love again that the prologue explains the past and what the prince is/does. i love the hate in both parties wanting jullian and what happens to both fighting for him. it mustve been a lot to study and i love every bit
Cheryl
Great book. Full of historical information which I love about the Fae and Druids. The storyline is wonderful and keeps your attention. I couldn't wait to see where it would lead next. The characters and deep and well developed. I definitely did not see the end coming....and was speechless. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Melanie Tikalsky
I really that I would have read this one before Spellbound. It is the story of the original Maxie, Julian and Lamia. It is a truly fun novella that helps to fill in questions that linger in Spellbound. The pages go quick and the story is short but impressive.

This is a must read in this series! Can't wait for the next.
AL
I thought after the first two prequels, this series was heading somewhere interesting. I thought wrong. This one and the previous prequel irritated me. Too much thesaurus has been used in these stories. So many unnecessary dialogues! And Prince Breslyn, a royal Seelie Fae Prince was supposed to be the charming, rugged character but no, he is annoying as hell. I forgave him in the last prequel of his story because of his loss. I thought next time I meet him, he will be different. But no..

I love F
Angela Blair
You will fall in love with Julian and Maxine! Their love story will keep you rooting for them throughout the entire book! Great start to the Legend series! Way to go Claudy Conn!
Victoria Newman
Publication Date: May 9,2012
Reviewed by: Tammy at http://booknooknuts.blogspot.com/
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW:
In this book we have Julian Talbot who is engaged to Maxine of Reigate.

Julian is a Druid and he is aware of what he is.
Maxine is also a druid and is unaware of what she is but as the story unfolds she is learning what she truly is and what powers she holds.

They are destined to be together and more than that they are soul mates. However there is som
A.R. Von
Besides being a fan of Claudy Conn. I LOVE stories on the Fae and Druids. They are just so magical and unpredictable. Always be ready for a surprise :)
Prince Prelude is the second installment to the Legend series and feeds the readers need to read and it leaves you wanting more in the very best of ways.
I look forward to seeing what will happen next in the series. I'm falling deep for Prince Breslyn *sigh*
Any fans of the genre looking for something original will have a great time escaping with th
Lori McD

So I've decided I read this book in the wrong order... I should have read this *before* I read Spellbound Legend. So I'm going back to reread that book now. Either I missed the right order or Goodreads didn't make it clear. Oh well...
Jacquelyn Smith
This was the second book in this series, I really need to read the first one, it's tell about Prince Breslyn.

But don't worry Dulaine annd Julian will keep you reading and wanting more...

Nice read...
Jennifer Erwin
I love how Claudy Conn is just weaving all these books together into one big cohesive story. I really enjoy her writing style, and how she just brings every thing to life. It's fun, humorous, and I just love the characters. Now this story has a dark ending, but I know it's just setting us up for the next book. I am really looking forward to continuing on to the next book.
Barbara
I know this was book was written after the Legend series, but per dates the Legend series. So I chose to read this and Prince of the Mist first. I had already met Breslyn in the Shadow series. I love how Claudy Conn connects her stories. Truly it keeps you wanting more. Yet this book doesn't have the typical ending it does set you up to start the Legend series, which I plan to do!
Crystal
If you have ever eondered how the Legend came to be, this is a huge portion of it. In this book we fine out the back story to Maxine Reigate and Lord Julian Talbot. We also find how Lamia DeLaine became part of their story. This has much more to their story than the other book, Spellbound Legend which continues their fate.

This book had me from the start and I couldn't put it down. This is a fabulous series for lovers of fae. The storyline flows through each book connecting them flawlessly. I re
Kellie Dipiro
I really like the writing style of this book. I look forward to reading the next in the series.
Deborah
This story is about a woman whose body was compromised by her father. I think this helped to make her insane. She decided she wanted a man who did not want her and is willing to use Dark Magic to have him. Julian and Maxie love each other but and their love is eternal. Of course nothing ever goes right when you are going about it wrong. There is no HEA OR HFN in this read. But it is an intense exciting horrific story. And so the story begins. Enjoy I did. This is a re-read.
Rachel
I really love the idea behind this book. In the area of Fae stories I have read, this one was pretty unique. The writing style was also very good. However, the intimate scenes were terrible. I cringed. The book would have been so much better without them.

I was also disappointed that the last 20% of the book was only excerpts from other books. I don't tend to read those. :/
Stephanie Lambeth
Wow!I really enjoyed this book and can't wait till the next. The ending was a shocker for me. Love those especially when I know there's more ahead. I can't wait to see what happens to Maxie and Julian in the next book Spellbound Legend!
Brittney Bower
did not like this book. It has lost all my interest in this series.
Naomi
Naomi marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Vivi
Vivi marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Melinda McCaslin
Melinda McCaslin marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Brittney
Brittney marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
  • Oh, Cherry Ripe
  • Border Lord's Bride
  • Blood Awakening (Blood Burden, #0.5)
  • Dagger Heart
  • First Promise (Blood Run Trilogy #1)
  • The Rose Red Bride (The Jewels of Kinfairlie, #2)
  • Vampire's Eve (Vamp Life, #1)
  • Blood and Treasure (Romancing the Pirate, #1)
  • Burned (Revenge in Vein, #1)
  • Spellbound
  • Bloodstorm (Heart of a Vampire, #1)
  • Flashy Fiction and Other Insane Tales
  • Dawning (Nina Decker #0.5)
  • Rebel Heart
  • Celtic Storms (Celtic Steel, #1)
  • Dark Fae (Celtic Legacy, #3)
  • Sword of the Raven
  • The Eclective: The Haunted Collection

Legend (5 books)
  • Spellbound (Legend, #1)
  • Shee Willow (Legend, #2)
  • Trapped (Legend, #3)
  • Free Falling (Legend, #4)
  • Catch & Hold (Legend, #5)
Runaway Heart Shadow Love: Stalkers (Shadow Vampires, #1) Lady Bess Taffeta and Hotspur Quicksilver (Hungry Moon, #1)