Start by marking “Zornesblind (Jacob Striker, #2)” as Want to Read:
Zornesblind (Jacob Striker, #2)

Zornesblind (Jacob Striker #2)

Ein Spiel von Psychopathen. Eine blinde Jagd gegen das Böse.

Jacob Striker: von der alten Garde. Ein heldenhafter Polizist. Erbarmungslos bei der Jagd nach Verbrechern.
Der Arzt: der Fadenzieher. Sadistisch. Genießt es, seine Patienten zu dominieren und zu terrorisieren:
Die Schlange: ein verlorenes, gefährliches Wesen, das nur darin Ruhe findet, Videos seiner Opfer anzuschau
510 pages
Published by Blanvalet (first published March 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Zornesblind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zornesblind

Sercan Pamuk
Jun 30, 2015 Sercan Pamuk rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Polisiye sevmeyen ben 500 küsür sayfayı iki günde nasıl bitirdim :D :D Ahaha çok güzel bi kitaptı ya...
Don
Sue
I was so lucky to win a copy of "Snakes and Ladders" by Sean Slater through the Goodreads Giveaway Contest.This was an amazing novel about a psychopath who lives for only one thing-The Game.With every fresh death, the killer climbs up the ladder, in the never-ending game of Snakes And Ladders.I could not put this book down.The title of the book was so original, and the cover was inviting.

The novel starts off with what looks like a suicide. An older, teenaged girl, a condemned building with the u
Sabrina
Jun 15, 2012 Sabrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book from firstreads giveaways.

This book was fast-paced and exciting! I really liked it ; the story was good and believable and it was nice the way we could see through both the killer and the detective's minds. It was really well-written and never boring : it was packed with action and twists.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone with an interest in psychological thrillers and serial killers. And really anyone who likes a good read.

Kayla Ashley
I won this book from a firstreads giveaway here on goodreads. I'm looking forward to reading and reviewing it soon!
Emilie
May 04, 2017 Emilie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first 4 chapters sucked me in very quickly. A very eerie book that sometimes gave me chills down my back. It was well written, I like the direct, no nonsense style of writing that this author demonstrated throughout the book. I could really tell the author had a police background, and it made for quite interesting reading. This is my first time reading a book by Sean Slater, I would have liked to have more description around the characters, but otherwise, a good read.
Sapphire
Jun 10, 2017 Sapphire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First time reading Sean Slater. Wasn't disappointed. It's a really long book, honestly, 500+ pages long, but the story was fast paced and it didn't make me bored. Well, it took me around 100 pages to get really into it, but once I get into the story, I fell in love. It was quite tiring, though, to read it since it's a really long story and the epilogue was quite too long for me to handle. But I really like it!
Fiona
Mar 15, 2017 Fiona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
The renegade Vancouver Homicide Detective is back investigating a series of suspicious suicides linked to the Riverglen Mental Health Facility.
Fast paced and with characters to invest in I also like the Canadian aspects.
Definitely worth a read.
Paul
Mar 12, 2012 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When staying alive is the only game worth playing…

Detective Jacob Striker has had more than his fair share of brushes with death. But this one really shocks him. When he is called to attend a suicide at a decrepit apartment on the bad side of town, the case unexpectedly brings him one step closer to home. This time the victim is not just another sad statistic – the end product of mental illness and drug addiction – this time it’s someone Striker knows and cares about.

And one thing is obvious to
Chad
Jun 13, 2012 Chad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway-wins, owned
First off, big thanks to Simon & Schuster Canada for my advance copy. I won it right here in a Goodreads giveaway. I will be reading this next and will hopefully have a review up before it is officially released next Tuesday (June 26th).

Well, didn't quite finish before it was released but really tried. This was a very well paced novel that I would regret having to put down and would look forward to picking up at the first opportunity. Beginning on the first page all the way through I never f
Raven
Oct 10, 2012 Raven rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The follow up thriller from Sean Slater to the excellent debut ‘The Survivor’ and Jacob Striker, the renegade Vancouver Homicide Detective is back investigating a series of suspicious suicides linked to the Riverglen Mental Health Facility. Under the auspices of the well-respected psychiatrist Dr Ostermann, Striker delves deeper into the workings of this institution to discover why some of its most vulnerable patients have become murder victims and sets about saving another patient struggling to ...more
Kelly
I have mixed feelings about this novel. On one hand I thought that it was largely well-written and developed. The plot was full of twists and developments and the characters were all likable or detestable depending on their role within the novel. I particularly enjoyed the personal/working relationship between Striker and Felicia, their banter was both belivable and funny at times, while their genuine chemistry came out during times of struggle.

Despite all of this I felt a real sense of relief
Yvann S
"What he saw made him reach for his pistol. Positioned on the other side of the glass was another camera."

When Detective Jacob Striker is called to the shady end of town to deal with yet another suicide, he is shaken to discover the victim is a girl his daughter went to school with. Convinced that it wasn't a suicide, Striker and his sassy hispanic partner Felicia race around town, hot on the trial of a rogue psychiatrist.

I always feel a bit so-so about these books. On the one hand, they're pacy
Paula  Phillips
Mar 19, 2012 Paula Phillips rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's amazing how much a cover can get you to read a book and then you discover, well I actually like this author as I picked up Sean Slater's first book "The Survivor" due to the fact that the cover had a hockey mask and reminded me of Friday the 13th and I really enjoyed the novel as well as the fact it was a school shooting which for some reason I enjoy reading about as it fascinates me ( just to add - I'm not pyschotic LOL) . When I discovered Sean Slater had a new one coming out, I picked it ...more
Carol  MacInnis
Jul 13, 2012 Carol MacInnis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller
Detective Jacob Striker is called to an apparent suicide victim and finds that he knows this person. Although this person has a long history of mental illness and drug addiction, Det. Striker is convinced this is not a suicide. Now Larisa Logan, a counsellor from Victim Services and long time friend who was instrumental in overcoming his wife's death, is calling Striker with information about his suicide victim informing him that she has proof his victim was murdered. But when Striker tries to g ...more
Mar 23, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up in a 3 for £5 offer. I had never heard of it or the author before.

Detective Jacob Striker is called to a suicide but he is soon suspicious that there is more to it than meets the eye. He discovers that the victim was in a mental health support group and further investigations show that this isn't the first supposed suicide from the group in strange situations. A close friend of Striker contacts him to say the victim was murdered but then disappears without trace. She is also a
Paul Eisenzimmer
As a former homicide detective, I know the vagaries of the human psyche, the poor streets where forgotten souls converge, and the machinations of police procedure and politics. Sean Slater has captured all of these in a riveting story that takes moral depravity to a new level. His protagonist is believable and, more importantly, someone the reader is drawn to. The other characters all seem to be flesh and blood personified on paper. The fast paced action, the compelling intrigue, and the heart r ...more
Renee
Jun 15, 2012 Renee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won a copy of Snakes & Ladders by Sean Slater through Goodreads, and am I ever thankful! Although I like to read a good mystery/crime novel every now and again, it's not very often that I go looking for a new author that I haven't read. This book, was really good. Sean Slater is a fantastic writer. He had enough background and police information to be able to follow the book, but not so much information that you felt overwhelmed as a reader. The story is good, full of twist and turns, leav ...more
Michelle Pereira
Jun 15, 2012 Michelle Pereira rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, first-reads
I won this novel though a GoodReads contest.

I thought the novel was quick moving. It had me guessing the entire time who the bad guys were. I thought that it took a little to long to piece the whole story together. As you're reading, the author gives little clues as to what could be going on and I had to continue reminding myself that certain parts haven't been revealed yet. I almost thought that they never would.

Will continue on with this series. As I wrote, quick pace and I enjoyed the writing
Barış Erdem
Kitap hakkında görüşlerim;
1.Ana karakterler Striker ve Felicia'ya bir türlü ısınamadım.Aralarındaki aşk mı diyelim ilişki mi diyelim hiç inandırıcı değil ve de çok gereksiz olmuş.
2.Kurgu son derece zorlama ve vasat.Kitapta insanı şaşırtacak en ufak bir sürpriz yok bence.
3.Okunabilen bir kitap,çevirisi de fena olmamış ama bence oldukça sıkıcı.
4.Bu kitabı okuyarak kaybettiğim zamana biraz üzüldüm, yerine kaliteli bir kitap okuyabilirdim.Serinin devamı da Türkçe'ye çevriliyor sanırım ama okumayı dü
Carol Peace
Sep 18, 2012 Carol Peace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the death at the very beginning of the book and the death at the end this book was very good. I enjoyed seeing the plot from both sides and as I tried to work out who 'the Adder' was I thought different people at different times. I think the real culprit was slightly teleghaphed near the end but even then the book wasn't a disappointment as the surprise revelations had me gripped again.
Striker and Felicia were tested to the exception and they skirted the legal boundaries but this made it a
Mixofsunandcloud
It took me some time to get into the book, because I didn't feel any real interest in the characters. Some of it was because I hadn't read the previous book, I think, though the story itself didn't require any prior knowledge.

The plot was fast-paced, and engaging. Even the minor mysteries were fun to follow. Some of the turns seemed a bit obvious, but I'm not sure they were really meant to be hidden from the reader, rather than just from the detective.
Paige Kuhn
Jan 06, 2013 Paige Kuhn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this is a really good book, it does have twists and turns. i enjoyed it very much but then again I found myself correctly guessing the end of the some chapters which is the only downer. Asides from that is Defiantly a must read book !! One that will keep up up at night (:
Elizabeth
Didn't really enjoy this. The writing needs a bit more polish. He has the makings of a good story teller but is not quite there yet. I found too much explanation for basic things. he has to assume his readers have a basic understanding of facts.
Jamie Rose

[b] Snakes and Ladders [/b] Sean Slater

3 stars

This was good. I really liked his first book and this wasn't a disappointment. twisty and plausible.
Lester
Apr 16, 2013 Lester rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is always entertaining to read a book that is set in a location where I have lived.
Might read more of Sean Slaters books.
Pat
Feb 18, 2014 Pat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very well put together psychological murder mystery.
Carolyn MacDonald
Nov 30, 2012 Carolyn MacDonald rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love his books!! So cool to be able to picture the places he is talking about!
Rene Nel
Jan 15, 2017 Rene Nel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put the book down. Fast paced.
Marci -  Serendipitous Readings
its ok, some of the plot is pretty predictable as in the first book. it goes at a good pace, good for beginning thriller/mystery readers
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
eBook in US 1 1 May 20, 2012 03:17PM
  • Poison Most Vial
  • Twisted Wing
  • Depth of Deception (A Titanic Murder Mystery)
  • Young, Gifted and Dead (St Jude's Academy, #1)
  • The Haunted
  • When I Was Me
  • Nowhere (Nowhere, #1)
  • The Arm Of The Stone (The Stone Duology, #1)
  • Pyg: The Memoirs of Toby, the Learned Pig
  • The Reluctant Matchmaker
  • Life Is About Losing Everything
  • Bloodman
  • The Vanity Game
Sean Slater is the pseudonym for Vancouver Police Officer Sean Sommerville. As a police officer, Sommerville works in Canada's poorest slum, the Downtown East Side - an area rife with poverty, mental illness, drug use, prostitution, and gang warfare. He has investigated everything from frauds and extortions to homicides. Sommerville has written numerous columns and editorials for the city newspape ...more
More about Sean Slater...

Jacob Striker (4 books)
  • The Survivor (Jacob Striker, #1)
  • Dust & Bones